~ 30 Day Shred ~

Options

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to everyone who has joined up here. I'm excited to see so many of you journeying through the Shred with me! Please come back often to update us on your progress!

For me... Day 1 Level 1 -- complete!

I went into more detail on this morning's workout, blog-style:
    http://todefyego.blogspot.com/2011/03/30-day-shred-round-two-day-1-level-1.html

Best wishes, everyone!! :)
  • trinang
    trinang Posts: 7
    Options
    Did day 1 Level 1 this morning,Count me in :)
  • swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Question: for those of us that are bigger....does anyone have a hard time with boobs & stomach pain from jumping jacks and jump rope?? It feels like someone is trying to pull mine off!

Totally - I am very large chested and I was doing 1-arm jumping jacks just so I could hold my boobs in. Yesterday I put on my smallest bra, then wrapped a piece of knit fabric (t-shirt fabric) that I had (it's about 8" by 36") around my chest several times really tight. Totally worked! I was able to do all of the cardio because my boobs weren't bouncing all around!
  • swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 Day 3...I'm in!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I ordered 30DS last week and it arrived last night. I didn't realize I had to buy hand weights, so I'm hopefully going to get those tonight.

Is it real jump rope or can you fake it with the motions? I don't have enough room in my living room to swing a jump rope around!

Planned a Monday start date, but will jump in as soon as weights are bought!
  • dustflyin
    dustflyin Posts: 12
    Options
    you don't have to have weights, you can still get a good workout without them until you buy some. i actually cheat sometimes and just do the motions without the weights for some of the exercises. i have an 8 month old to carry around so i don't want to be too weak and risk dropping him. and you don't use an actual jump rope, just go through the motions. go ahead and start, sooner the better =] good luck!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Yep, you can start out with no weights, no problem. And, no need for a jump rope. Let us know when you start!

Question for everyone: What time of day do you normally Shred?
  • trinang
    trinang Posts: 7
    Options
    I walk my kids to school and when I get back I pop in the DVD around 9am :) I just started yesterday and I am feeling it today ouch!Hope I can work through the muscle pain so I can keep at it :D
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    my thighs and calves are dying today lol guess that's a good sign!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1, complete! First thing in the morning works for me. Done and outta the way, set for a great day. I'm feelin' yesterday's workout -- just as sore as I remember being after my first Day 1! I'm thinking I ought to rotate between my 3lb and 5lb weights so I don't end up injuring anything. I've used my 5lb weights for these first two days. TOM started, so dealing with muscle pain + cramping today... fun, fun. LoL!

I gotta fit in a short run this evening, most likely on the treadmill. Thinking of doing some yoga to stretch out a bit, too. I need it.

Sending prayers, positive thoughts, healing, safety, love and light to those affected by the earthquake, aftershocks and tsunami warnings this morning...
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 - Done Also walked on the treadmill for an another 20 minutes.

Have to plan around a busy weekend but think I can do it. I will get in lots of walking too.

Have a happy healthy day.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 - Done Also walked on the treadmill for an another 20 minutes.

Have to plan around a busy weekend but think I can do it. I will get in lots of walking too.

Have a happy healthy day.

Well done! Sounds like a good plan for the weekend -- you can do it! :)
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    onto day 3 today! how's everyone doing?
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Doing great, thanks FierceFeline! Day three for me today, too. Just completed it a bit ago, along with a little dance. So sore! But, it feels great all the same. I remember from my first round of the Shred, Days 3 and 4 of Level 1, I was soooo sore then, too. I pushed through, though, and by Day 5, either I was in less pain or I was just more used to it by then... LoL! I'm so ready to get to that point... TOM + the first few days of the Shred = lots of pain!! But, I'm determined to see some GREAT results, so I'm putting in max effort.

Everyone -- I hope you enjoy your weekend!! Let us know how the Shred is going for you -- we're pullin' for ya!! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day Four Level One complete!! How's everyone doing?? I'm sore, but loving it!! I did a 35 minute 5K before I did the Shred today... feeling strong!! :-D
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    feeling sore but definitely noticing some stamina!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I started! Got three pound weights...kind of glad I went that low...I was doubting that decision at first. The lunges got me! Holy cats!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! My check - in. I completed day 3 on Saturday and took Sunday off. (I always take one day a week off usually Sundays) . So,

Day 4 Level 1 - complete .

Hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a happy healthy week.!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    feeling sore but definitely noticing some stamina!

Doesn't it feel great?!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    rebecky27 -- Those lunges are killer! This being my second time around, I started out this round with 5lb weights, but I've been switching back and forth between those and my 3lb weights. Couple of days with the 3s, couple with the 5s. It seems to be working well for me. I remember I switched up to the 5s at about Day 6 or 7 of my first time around. Then, back to the 3s for the first few days of level 2 and 3.

lobster888 -- Great job! Hope you have a GREAT week yourself! :)

My check-in for the day... I opted for more sleep this morning (darn DST!), so I did my Day 5 Level 1 this evening. Just finished a bit ago and feel great. Soon it'll be time to hit up the shower, then bed... ahhhhh. Tomorrow, Day 6 Level 1 plus a 20 minute run. Hope everyone is doing well!