Bleeding nipples!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    if she's nursing i'm sure she has some lanolin around - use that to heal them up (can you tell i've bf'd before? LOL)...but make sure you cover them afterwards or it will stain your clothes...
  • Mobstang
    Mobstang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Search Udder Butter. Most common solution I have heard. Also - no cotton or cotton blends.

Good luck!
  • a2canadian
    Options
    sports bras are the best! (okay... ya not so great for men...)
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    My dad's a crazy marathon / triathlon runner, and he uses bandaids or tape, yes. :-D
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I don't run.... ever. But I can relate to chafed nipples. I second using lanolin to heal them up. In fact - I recomend lanolin for healing any skin that's irritated.

My son wears UnderArmour shirts for football, baseball and working out - he likes the champion compression shirts from Walmart just as well.... and I love that he loves them - because they are much cheaper.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Amusing how many people laugh and make smilie faces like this is the most outlandish thing they have ever heard when it's actually incredibly common among endurance runners, and the only reason women are not affected is because they wear sports bras!

The more sensible contributions were:

- Body Glide (it's great stuff and has to be first choice, it's way superior to Vaseline)
    - Vaseline (it's better than nothing)
    - taping (it's an option, but when you sweat the tape may come off and still leave you vulnerable)
    - on top of the above get wicking fabrics and do not under any circumstances run long distances in ordinary cotton.

Happy running. :flowerforyou:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    lol- flashbacks of The Office episode where they ran the rabies 500k Rabies Run!! Do like Andy and just cut the nipples out of your mesh shirt!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is the exact image that popped into my head when I saw the title:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you get the edible pasties, make sure you log it.....
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hubby tapes his with micropore tape when he remembers.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hubby tapes his with micropore tape when he remembers.

and is doing the nipple "oooh-ooh-aaah-aaah" dance in the shower afterwards when he forgets...?! :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you'd listened as a kid to grandma you would have eaten your bread crusts and now be sporting a full chest of hair - no nipple chaffing the way nature intended. Bread Crusts.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    use body glide or bandaids. The body glide is also good for inner thigh chafing.
  • pancakelizard
    Options
    My sister in law had a boyfriend who would shave the hairs around his nipples. It was kinda odd.