Poll: Are you throwing out your "fat" clothes?

Options

Replies

• astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ONE pair of pants for rality checks....the rest went to a garage sale to make me $$

AND if my pants start to get tight I do NOT buy bigger pairs, it just means you're getting fat lol
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    There was a time that I was very attached to my clothes. I worked hard for the money to buy them and could not part with them no matter how big, old or holey they became.

I'm over that now thank goodness or I would need a tractor trailer to hold my wardrobe. Last year I even went as far to donate my wedding gown (although it was not all that big on me) to a local theater group. They can always use prop clothing.

I have mixed feeling about tossing every single piece of clothing from the past away. At times I wish I had just one of the largest sizes to crawl inside and get lost in, so I could be reminded of where I started from. Then there are times I don't want them around to use on so called "fat days" because I don't want to get comfortable in them ever again.

Bottom line....the old size 22's are no where in site and I surround myself with my size 6's
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40 pounds and I am still wearing my clothes....Now some of them look awful on me...and I should go buy some new things...but haven't done it yet!!! Can not bring my self to buy smaller....out of fear.......
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    They need to be gone gone gone! Otherwise I might let myself fit back into them =/

.. although I really like the idea of keeping one outfit so when I get to my goal I can try them on and watch them fall off haha. But I guess I could just always go into walmart and see how their 14's are fitting me nowadays lol.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    oops double post =$
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm down to a size 2 now from a size 10. I kept two pairs of size 6 jeans, because I plan to have a baby within the next three years and figured I could use them during that phase where a woman is a little bigger but doesn't quite need maternity pants yet. Everything else was sent to Goodwill or to flood victims in Afghanistan. :)
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I donated the good ones and threw out the worn ones or use them for my dogs :) I'm actually about to go through again and get rid of some more this weekend as I've gone down another size.
  • jackalope28
    jackalope28 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am going to get rid of them! I held onto my fat jeans, and now they're the only ones that fit. So yes, as soon as I go down a size, the SECOND I do, I'm getting rid of them! I don't want to have the option of "oh, look, these still fit I guess I'm okay for now and will fit back into my regular size in a week or two".

Um, yes, that scenario actually happened three months ago, and now my fat jeans are totally filled out with no room to spare. :(
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    After i had my second child, i wore a size 12, i eventually got down to size 5/6 & took all my chubby girl clothes to goodwill. Now, that i have gained weight without having a baby, i sure wish i still had those clothes cuz nothin fits me now!~.. So, to answer your question~ i might give them away, i'm not sure.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I always keep one size up from my current size, once I am 2 sizes down the clothes get donated or tossed (depending how worn they are).
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    As soon as I was able to buy some new clothes almost everything else went straight to Savers. The only things I kept were some sentimental tees and sweatshirts.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    GONE! So I can't get lazy and go back to them!!!!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would normally donate them to Goodwill, but am currently saving them because a friend of mine said that whenever I get pregnant, I should have some "larger" clothes to wear after the baby's born that aren't just maternity clothes. So, that's the only reason I'm keeping them- for future post-baby body (whenever that happens). Otherwise, it's just too tempting to gain a little weight and have the clothes there ready to wear....
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I plan to donate the ones that are in good physical shape & burn the ones that are a little tattered in my fire pit... I will likely do a little dance around the fire pit and chant as well. :laugh:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I plan to donate the ones that are in good physical shape & burn the ones that are a little tattered in my fire pit... I will likely do a little dance around the fire pit and chant as well. :laugh:

LOVE that idea!!! I'm going to do that as I keep going down!! lol
  • anneid
    anneid Posts: 8
    Options
    Consigning anything that gets too big. Make more money by bring it to consignment then garage sale to buy new clothes.
  • dbower18
    dbower18 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    With both hands. Although most went to charity. I id keep one pair of my biggest pants to do an occasional Subway commercial.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    They are GONE! Except the jeans, those I use to help felt knitted items.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I usually give mine away. I have kept one pair of pants and a top so that when I reach my goal then I can look back at what I was wearing and be amazed!

Barb

I have done this as well, I am pretty darn close to my final goal, I saved my FAVORITE pair of jeans and my favorite T-shirt from my heaviest point 5 years ago ( 113+ heavier)... It's in a small box marked " NEVER AGAIN"..taped and sealed....It's still in my closet, and every once and a while i'll be tempted to open it but i want to wait until i am toned and finallly maintaining!!!

:) I say keep a few pieces and pass the rest of the gently worn to goodwill/salvation army/human services..also, you could check craigslist, sometimes they have a clothes swap for people on the same journey as us....

This coming from someone tho, who keeps every dirty ol' Tshirt in case i plan on painting..haha....That is no time soon mind you......I think i'll be cleaning my closet out this weekend!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have mine stored away. But I'm planning on having another baby and my maternity clothes will hopefully be too big next time. So hoping I will be able to get by w/ my "fat" clothes.