New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• michelegrayson
    Options
    Ok, I finally got my P90X DVDs and I'm ready to go this morning. I am starting the Leanprogram for the first time ever and I was a bit intimidated by watching the Core Syn DVD last night. However, all of your posts have inspired me to just "push play" and not to fear the pain!

I'll let you know how it goes!
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Did Kenpo this morning. This basically finishes my week 1 of Classic, although I do plan to stretch tomorrow. I like to do the stretch if I'm sore when it comes around and I have been very sore all week so I know I need it!

Good job all, keep it up!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm in the first week of phase 2 of Lean and did the Shoulder, Arms, Chest, and abs workout for the first time. Let me just say, that workout totally wiped me out. I was tired really early, and didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Just wanted to sleep more. I was exhausted, but have a kid to take care of, so had to get up.

Suppose to do Yoga today. I'm so sore from yesterday, not sure how that's going to work out.

I think that's about the only thing that changes for phase 2, the chest workout rather than just shoulders and arms.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yoga X is history for today. I actually made myself get up at 4:30am to do it. Unfortunately both boys woke up then as well, but were content watching cartoons in the other room. I made it through, and can definitely see the benefit in it. However, 90 minutes was a long time, and I didn't really enjoy it. Anyone out there get major benefit from it, or recommend something to do in it's place?
  • Crowhorse
    Options
    Yoga X is history for today. I actually made myself get up at 4:30am to do it. Unfortunately both boys woke up then as well, but were content watching cartoons in the other room. I made it through, and can definitely see the benefit in it. However, 90 minutes was a long time, and I didn't really enjoy it. Anyone out there get major benefit from it, or recommend something to do in it's place?

I just did mine. The whole time I think "is it almost over yet?".

My kid was weaving in and out between my limbs when I was in downward dog, then he kept turning the workout off on me. Yeah, the trials I have to go through to get a workout.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to really enjoy yoga.....just keep pushing play!!!!!! Your all doing great!!!!!!!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Today was Plyo for me. I went through the whole workout and finished thinking: well that wasn`t so bad. Then I went shopping and my legs felt like jell-o. On the bright side I did find the door attachment for the bands. Note to self: do not go shopping after P90x.

The package I bought said that it should include 2 bonus workouts, but i can`t find them. Are they on separate disk or included on one of the 12 regular disk??? Maybe they are just missing????
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2: Core Synergistics. DONE...so, week four is a rest week...not. A recovery week?...recovery from the realization that the last three weeks have only been a precursor to more P90X hell. :) I seriously thought that this would be a "slightly" easier week. How wrong I was! At one point I was on my hands and knees, sweat dripping off my face and panting for breath when Tony asks "Are you ready for the bonus round?" Yeah, I brought it. Even the bonus round!
    Keep pushing play....I swear, someday it will get easier. :smile:
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    I have officially made it to Phase 2!!! Week 5 Day 1 is a new workout. I loved it! Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I can feel it everywhere above my waist. And then I did all 349 moves of Ab Ripper X for the first time ever to throw the waist in too (with many breaks and a lot of panting for air). Thanks for the inspiration reepobob. It hurts, but I TOTALLY brought it today. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Well, my fiance was stuck in traffic for over an hour, so being that we didn't want to eat at 9pm tonight, we did Stretch 40 from Turbo Fire instead of yoga x and wow!!!! What a good stretch!!!! Tomorrow is legs & back and ARX and I'm looking forward to working the legs!

annyshay: way to go girl!!! Nice job on ARX! Keep it up!

kimmi: your post made me laugh at the end......lol......yes, it does get easier! It just has to! It's absolutely amazing what your body is capable of doing and then some! Bring it!

soccermum: way to go on plyo! It is the mother!!!!! And I totally know what you mean about your legs feeling like jello! But, good job! And yes, you should've received 2 bonus DVD's from Tony's One on One series. If you don't have them, you can call Beachbody customer service at 800-470-7870; they will definately be able to help out!

Dara: Glad to see you bringing it girl! Good job! I was actually looking forward to yoga today as I am incredibly sore! lol

Stay focused everyone! You're all doing fantastic at pushing that play button! Love to see your energy and read your posts every day! Keep up the good work!

Deb
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Deb! Did u see my 30 day pics I put up today?! Lost a total of 5 inches throughout my entire body, and lost 6.4 lbs! !!! N
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I did it! I made it through the entire Arms and Shoulders DVD ... OMG my arms are soo sore right now.
    I still cant do tricep dips at all, but I did suprise myself at the end.
    When they showed the one arm tricep raises I looked and said "no way I can do this" ... and the first round I could only eek out 3 of them. Second round I really concetrated and I got out 8 on each side.... with straight arm! :) I am psyched!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Dara: I did see your pics! Awesome job girl! You look great anyway, but those are some great results! I can't wait to see your 90 day pics! Keep up the good work!

Emma: Way to go!!!! So proud of you! For some reason, I don't feel anything on those side tri rises, so I just do tricep kickbacks and overhead triceps; I don't know why, I never have. But, you've inspired me! Maybe I'll try better next time. Nice job!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Dara: I did see your pics! Awesome job girl! You look great anyway, but those are some great results! I can't wait to see your 90 day pics! Keep up the good work!

Emma: Way to go!!!! So proud of you! For some reason, I don't feel anything on those side tri rises, so I just do tricep kickbacks and overhead triceps; I don't know why, I never have. But, you've inspired me! Maybe I'll try better next time. Nice job!

Thanks!!!!! I can't wait for day 90
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I took a break. Too exhausted and busy. But I had also been working out hard since Sunday. Today I'm going to do Legs and Back, Ab Ripper, and throw in the Chest exercises I skipped on Monday. No sense in doubling the pullups. Should be a good afternoon.
    Tomorrow I'm subbing TaeBo for Kenpo to see what my burn is instead. Not sure about Sunday. Might try Yoga a 3rd time...
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Substituted Cardio X for Yoga this morning, and my lovely wife joined me for it. I'm so proud of her. It's nice having a little eye candy during the workouts too. :bigsmile: Burned about 552 calories.

Rest week next week, and then on to Phase 3!

Oh yeah, down an extra two pounds this morning! Switching to morning workouts has jumpstarted my weight-loss again.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

My kid was weaving in and out between my limbs when I was in downward dog, then he kept turning the workout off on me. Yeah, the trials I have to go through to get a workout.

Me too. I think I made it 10 minutes (thinking I had done 30) and checked the timer... Are you kidding me ?!?!

How old is your kid? My almost-3-year-old likes to pat my tummy while I'm trying to do ab exercises... not fun, especially when 1year old brother decides to help too. I also had to give up kettlebells because I was afraid of smacking him in the face with a 10lb piece of steel all the time!

This morning both boys wanted some cuddle time, so I'm going to do my Legs/Back/ARX tonight. Gotta love kids :)
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Whoo! Just did Legs and Back with Ab Ripper X....burned 958 calories?! What?! We'll see how accurate that is. Oh well, it was tough! I missed Yoga X yesterday, so I need to make that up today...I might do Cardio X instead though...Yoga X is just so....long. Oh well...down 1.2 pounds and about 5 inches overall. Whoop!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Am I too late to join in here? I am in week 5 of my first round of p90x. Today is Kenpo x .....not my fav. workout. Anyone know how many calories burned while doing this one? I am also trying to find my right calorie amount, I am breastfeeding so I cant gauge calories I need to work out and breastfeed to lose weight. Anyway I hope that I am not too late to join in :)
  • Crowhorse
    Options

Me too. I think I made it 10 minutes (thinking I had done 30) and checked the timer... Are you kidding me ?!?!

How old is your kid? My almost-3-year-old likes to pat my tummy while I'm trying to do ab exercises... not fun, especially when 1year old brother decides to help too. I also had to give up kettlebells because I was afraid of smacking him in the face with a 10lb piece of steel all the time!

This morning both boys wanted some cuddle time, so I'm going to do my Legs/Back/ARX tonight. Gotta love kids :)

He's 19 months and a handful.