Poll: Are you throwing out your "fat" clothes?

Options

Replies

• Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    They are already gone!
  • linddd
    linddd Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    I only go up/down a couple of sizes so I keep them except I just got rid of several things that I never really liked anyway.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I kept mine, but I'm still in limbo whether I will have another child or not. However, when it is official that my reproductive days are over...............the fat clothes hit the road!!!
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    Yes and no. My fat work clothes, yes. I'll be so happy to part with them and be able to wear nicer work clothes. However, I have cute conversation starter shirts that I cannot get rid of and sports team memorabilia that I cannot part with.
  • lperezlopes
    Options
    I am keeping some of my larger pants only because I plan to have another baby and realistically I won't be back down to size right away but I'll need something to wear besides maternity clothes and sweats! lol After the next baby though, they are all going because I am done with the weight and don't plan on getting pregnant more than twice. :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Right now I am planning on holding on to the fall/winter clothes I like until next fall and seeing how they fit then. I have lost 35 pounds but can still wear clothes from *last* summer right now... so no sense in getting rid of clothes I might be able to still get some use from. Wanting another baby here too so holding on to a few items in case I need them for those awkward too big for regular clothes but not big enough for maternity clothes weeks (if those even happen after baby #1!). Giving myself permission to donate the clothes I don't really like as they get bigger. :)
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am going to get rid of my "fat clothes" as I out grow them with the exception of the 1 pair of jeans I had that fit me when I started losing weight. Once I have lost all of the weight I want to lose, I am going to put that pair of jeans back on, take a picture, then get rid of them too. :)
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Donate donate donate
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    They are out of here. My rule is if I put weight on, I better have some cash because I'll have to replace them!

Oh Yeah! Right On! You are the bomb and this is the right attitude! Blessings =):flowerforyou:
  • Northantsman
    Options
    It seems the only part of me that hasn't changed size is my feet so I need to get rid of the old stuff just to make room for the new clothes I've had to go out and buy!.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've literally kept the bare minimum that I need at the moment until I'm ready to fit into my smaller clothes size (I do fit into the smaller size, but not comfortably yet, I should do in a week or two max).
    The rest has gone to charity already. So should I gain weight again, I'm in trouble! :laugh: Great incentive anyway.

Before I started this weight loss, I actually never thought about the money I'm going to have to spend on a new wardrobe, workwear, casual wear, underwear... Literally everything is too big now, bar my socks and shoes. Great excuse to go shopping of course, but I'm not exactly loaded with money, yikes!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    history. for one, i'm ocd and don't like clutter and secondly, it gives me motivation to stay in my "skinny" clothes since i don't have the money for a new wardrobe.
  • lduffee
    lduffee Posts: 14
    Options
    GONE!!! For 15 years I have had 4 sizes of clothes in my closet!! I am now down to a size 8 ( Could not wear the old size 8's that were in my closet, too dated! Stove Leg Jeans!?!?!) From now on it's nothing bigger than an 8 in my closet!!! :happy: :happy:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I really got serious 1 year ago, and every 3 months I clean out another section of my closet!

The last pair I got rid of, when I hit a normal BMI, were the forbidden "stretchy pants" !!!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've given away most of mine. I have a few nice skirts and tops that I plan to sell, but I can't find a consignment place around here that sells plus sizes and I'm to lazy to do ebay or craigslisit. At some point I'll finally just donate them, I'm sure. I have a few "work" shirt I've hung on to and a few other things. The reason I keep these is because I hope to get pregnant soon and if I get a job where I need dress shirts or something like that I can wear them. I also occasionally where them when my few shirts or pants that I can fit into now are in the wash, I'm cheap and won't buy more then 2 pairs of jeans and a couple shirts until I hit goal.

I've read you want to get rid of them, you'll think twice if you start gaining if you have to buy new clothes.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Big bonfire. HUGE.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Gone gone and GONE, not even the next size up have I kept. I am so done. all the clothes are a size 6 and they will never be bigger again.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    nope burning them in a bonfire. making smores using sugar free dark chocolate, fat free marshmellows, and whole wheat graham crackers.
  • renee_nicole
    renee_nicole Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping them for when I decide to have kids so I don't have to buy maternity clothes.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I did the opposite. I have kept all of my "skinny" clothes. I boxed up all of my cute tops, board shorts I used when I surfed everyday, my "skinny" size 8 jeans, even my cutesy-uber-expensive bras from Victoria's Secret. At $40.00 a bra, those dang things should be bronzed!!!

I told myself that one day I will wear these clothes again. Slowwwwwwly am I seeing results and have dropped bra sizes, but I am not letting myself buy new clothes until I am down at least one full size. As G*d as my witness, I shall wear those "skinny" clothes again!!

*shakes fist at sky* :bigsmile: