Any healthy breakfast ideas!?

Options
Oh so tired of my typical granola and yogurt parfaits...anyone got some fresh and healthy ideas?

Replies

• Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have egg whites on a whole grain english muffin. Tomorrow I am going to make a breakfast wrap using egg whites, fat free cheese, and spinach, and a corn tortilla (only 15mg of sodium).
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    1% cotttage cheese and pineapple!!! SO yummy. high protein, low fat.
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a wheat bagel with a teaspoon of smart balance peanut butter...high in protein, too! Keeps you full until lunch!
  • ksrn
    ksrn Posts: 6
    Options
    smoothies! I use frozen strawberries (or any other frozen fruit), banana, skim milk, yogurt if you want, and a splash for OJ for sweetener. DELISH and under 200 cals!
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    Ham Cheese Omlet with peppers & onions made with Egg Beaters Yumo!
  • AlyssaC2010
    AlyssaC2010 Posts: 100
    Options
    Sometimes I'll sautee 1/4 c black beans and then scramble 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg w/ it and add about an oz of low fat cheese and put it into 3/4 of a whole wheat pita pocket. Very filling
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    35 calorie honey wheat bread and all natural fruit spread,4 egg whites and the fiber one 50 cal yogurt..
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Pancakes? French toast? Oatmeal with billions of varieties of toppings?
    an egg + egg sub, and toast?
  • jwtriathlon
    jwtriathlon Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love having oatmeal for breakfast. My mom told me once that she heard on the "Biggest Looser" that it is a great thing to have for breakfast when you are loosing weight and excercise. I don't know if it is true but I Love having it every morning with a piece of fruit.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean cereal with skim milk
    egg with a piece of wheat toast
    smoothie~ Some frozen fruit, yogurt and protein powder with ice...
  • momsbrats2005
    momsbrats2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You could try fruit and oatmeal or cinnamon and oatmeal. They are full of energy and they are pretty satisfying.
  • kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Special K cereals and Bagel thins with fat free cream cheese :)
  • heathergatica
    Options
    i know you heard the egg whites thing, LOL but two egg whites fried w/o any oil (hopefully you have a good frying pan), on 1 piece of 100% whole wheat toast, with a table spoon of EVOO mayo and salt and pepper. tastes just like a yummy fried egg sandwhich w/o all the fat/cals/sodium/carbs....hope you try it.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I like these a lot, 2 hard boiled eggs...whole grain english muffin and peanut butter or almond butter, maybe a drizzle of honey...cottage cheese and cinnamon....scrambled eggs and salsa...frozen fruit / berries of your choice thrown into hot oatmeal, banana and peanut or almond butter
  • joseplasma
    Options
    Here's a 100cal breakfast - Natures Place Organic Instant Oatmeal - Regular (has to be the regular the other ones are higher in cals and i think 12-25g of sugar) add a packet or two if you like it sweet.....tea with real lemon = 100cal breakfast 0sugar
    Cholesterol & Sodium.
  • ImaHomer
    ImaHomer Posts: 22
    Options
    I like instant oatmeal and a scoop of NNW Cinnamon Bun Protein powder. yummy
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    after reading on this site, the many benefits of cinnamon.... I've been having 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon & one packet of stevia. Soooo yummy :)
  • CreamAndSugarPlease
    Options
    Thanks all ..YUMM!!
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats with a little bit of agave nectar and pb2 mixed in. So delicious. You could add turkey bacon, milk, and/or fruit if you wanted to go all out.
  • PrincessLynn2010
    PrincessLynn2010 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    * Whole oats(1/2 cup rolled oats to 1 cup water) , cooked, with chopped fresh apple on top, cinnamon, and 1/2-1tsp brown sugar. Good if you have a sweet craving, too.

* 100% whole wheat toast with almond butter.

* Rice cake w/1 tblsp natural peanut butter and 1 tsp all-fruit.

* The book, "Skinny *****" (LOL) suggests eating one piece of fruit, followed by 1 more piece if you still feel hungry, followed by a 3rd if that still wasn't enough to fill you. Stop @ 3.

* Tons of green pepper and onion and chopped tomatoes sauteed (if want to avoid oil, use water) until tender, add small amt chopped ham, 1egg til set. Sprinkle with 2 tsp grated cheese. The extra vegetables help to make a filling treat.