Foods you ate, then realized they weren't worth it!

Options

Replies

• boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had two soft tacos from Taco Time last weekend. Almost 900 calories and they had me running (literally) back and forth to the bathroom all night.

I also had a piece of Baklova (Greek pastry) that measured 1"x1.5"x2" and was 350 calories. Ouch. Definitely not worth it.
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    Yeah, when your body gets used to healthier food, the old crap that you thought was so good is now gross. I used to LOVE this dish at the local Chinese place. I thought it was relatively healthy having only veggies and tofu and I ate it all the time. After going so long eating healthier, I went back and had that favorite dish. For the rest of the day I had this horrible taste in my mouth that I had never had before. My body did not notice all the grease and additives before.

The other day i had a cheat day and went to a restaurant that my boyfriend and i used to eat at on a regular basis. The plate that i got I had gotten several times before. This time, it made me so sick that we had to rush home. My body rejected it.

The good thing is, as you point out, the experience helps us to realize that we are healthier and we don't need that crap food in the first place. that is motivation in itself to continue the good habits!!!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I went out to eat with my friends last week and got a burger and fries. I regretted it soooo much afterwards.
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    I had a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli yesterday and realized pretty quickly that eating the whole can wasn't worth it. I wish I'd only had half, because they were still yummy, but way too calorie-dense.

My goodness I love canned ravioli!! I haven't had it in a while I eat it cold and can easily down 2 cans and still be hungry. Haven't had those terrors in a loong time!

This guy at work saw me eating this one day and jokingly said "I'm worried that my neighbors will call DFACS if they see me feeding that crap to my kids". I couldn't help but laugh.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love cheese cake. I cant keep it in the house because I will eat it all. IT is the same with toast. I have no clue how many calories are in the cheese cake but I know it is a lot.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I also had a piece of Baklova (Greek pastry) that measured 1"x1.5"x2" and was 350 calories. Ouch. Definitely not worth it.

I know how to make a mean baklava and this puts me in jeopardy of really harming myself.
    I love cheese cake. I cant keep it in the house because I will eat it all. IT is the same with toast. I have no clue how many calories are in the cheese cake but I know it is a lot.

For this specific reason, I shall never learn how to make cheesecake. :laugh:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Doritos. A few years ago I had to give up dairy for a while, and when I had my first nacho-flavored Dorito, it was such a let-down. I could still do the other flavors though. But now since joining MFP, I don't like them at all. Really, most kinds of chips gross me out now. They're just not as tasty as they used to be.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Leftover Bloomin Onion from Outback!!!!! Now a fresh one is awesome!!!!! Haven't had one in forever!!!!
  • tjhmoody
    tjhmoody Posts: 28
    Options
    I hate wasting food ... but in the case of a honey bun the garbage disposal is a good place for it. You made a GREAT choice in not eating it. Good for you.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Hostess Snowballs. I used to eat them whenever I had a long drive. I looked forward to long drives just to eat them. But now, although they taste good, they don't taste good enough for the calories. Same thing with Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. On the other hand, I still think doritos and big macs are worth the calories.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Cornbread. Just yesterday. Almost 400 freakin cals for a TINY piece.
    It was good but just not worth it.

Give me cake instead......:laugh:
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Cornbread. Just yesterday. Almost 400 freakin cals for a TINY piece.
    It was good but just not worth it.

Give me cake instead......:laugh:

OMG!! I so agree with you on this one!! Baked stuff can be amazing, but so high calorie it's not worth it.

I would like to add donuts as mine, unless they're really high quality, like Krispy Kreme. I always think it's going to taste so amazing, and then it doesn't and it also cost me 300-400 calories, about one meals worth of calories for me... blech!!!
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Pop tarts!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Onion rings. They were almost worth it, though...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Oh, and bacon. I hadn't had it for ages. Yummmm.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Cake.... I just had a half a piece and it was really yummy, but god so not worth the 190 calories.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hostess Snowballs. I used to eat them whenever I had a long drive. I looked forward to long drives just to eat them. But now, although they taste good, they don't taste good enough for the calories. Same thing with Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. On the other hand, I still think doritos and big macs are worth the calories.

Oooh! When I am in the mood for ice cream phish food definitely calls to me. Just joined and being able to check the impact of the a desired food really impacts me wanting to eat it.
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I was out and decided to "treat" myself to Sonic Drive- In and figured out could work out whatever calories I ate. The burger was extra messy and greasy, the tater tots were cold, too salty and greasy. I got home and entered the calories and discovered that the burger alone was more than 900 calories!!!! SOOOOO not worth it!
  • Mom71
    Mom71 Posts: 24
    Options
    I bought 2 boxes of chocolate mint girlscout cookies I ate 1 cookie gave rest to my husband and kids. It was hard to part because they are my favorite I look forward to them this time of year. I felt good that could resist.:happy:
  • Mom71
    Mom71 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have not weighed myself since I started my clothes are getting loser too and I am waiting until I go down a dress size to weigh because I do not want to dissappoint myself:noway: