How do you doctor up your omelets/eggs?

Options

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    love omelets! Eggs, cheese, pepperoni and dip it in marinara. like a pizza omelet.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've been on an omellette kick the last couple of weeks! Love to add mushrooms, Morningstar Sausage Crumbles, peppers, onions and top with salsa! Yummmm!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, spinach, feta and salsa!

I also got a recipe from here for salsa poached eggs:
    Pour enough salsa to cover the bottom of a small sauce pan, on low heat bring to a boil
    Crack the eggs right in and cover 5-10 minutes (depending on how runny you like the yolk)
    Add a little shredded cheese if you wish.

SO GOOD and filling! A healthier heuvos rancheros!
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    1/3 fat CREAM CHEESE

with pretty much anything else you want to mix in. It is so creamy and good....and low cal!
    I made it with a bit of guacamole and spinach the other day and it was really tasty.
  • sabrinakhan84
    Options
    i like onions, green bell peppers and salsa! maybe some low fat cheese (sometimes!) :)
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    broccoli and parmesan cheese

Broccoli is AMAZING in eggs! Also green peppers and onions.
  • Queentipsie
    Queentipsie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kroger sales a salsa by the name of Maggie's it is organic and the best salsa I've ever tasted. Expensive but so worth it.
  • anneplus4
    Options
    I use mushrooms, red peppers, salsa and add a little pepper jack cheese.
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like making a breakfast "omwich". Four large egg whites in a small glass bowl that is sprayed with 0 calorie butter flavor spray, whisk curry powder into them, cook in the microwave for 2:30 minutes (I have a microwave that is over 22 years old so it takes longer to cook things, you'd have to test yours for the time). Put the cooked egg whites on toasted light bread, I use Village Hearth wheat or 12 grain 40 cals per slice. And then squeeze on some French's honey mustard. 168 calories total.

For regular omelets I use green peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, curry powder (I love curry), sometimes pizza sauce & mozzarella, sometimes salsa.

I love eggs. Now I'm hungry for some :-)
  • takingbackalison
    Options
    I use leftover soup =)
    I get Campbells Select Harvest. They have one soup thats only 50 calories for a cup (half a can) Its called southwest vegetable I think... Well when I have the soup for dinner I never eat all of it so I save the rest and add it to an egg, mix together, and scramble. Its sooo good. I've tried it with other select harvest soups...
    Not sure if its SUPER healthy but it is low in calories and fairly low in sodium.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I sauté mushrooms, shallots, then add eggs and thyme.... Sooo good!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    2 eggs + mushrooms + green onions + baby spinach + herbes de Provence + 1 pat butter to sauté the veggies + 1 pat butter to cook the eggs.

Sometimes I'll skip the spinach, add a bit of cheese and smoked paprika or chipotle spice.

I :heart: eggs.
  • Kristeng17
    Options
    3 egg whites, diced red, orange, and yellow peppers, spinich and top it with salsa! Sooooo good and low calories!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them with 2 whole eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, a bit of turkey lunch meat & cheese. But I just discovered egg beaters. Now the same breakfast is 250 or less!
    Also, I do not understand why people deprive themselves of egg yolk. Eggs are good for you & do not raise your bad cholesterol
  • anneplus4
    Options
    I just tried something different this morning in my egg white omlet and added shrimp. It was pretty good.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i use the southwestern egg beaters and add some spinach, ground-up turkey sausage or a cheddar veggie slice (and sometimes all three!) and eat it on an arnold select thin. i also only use olivio or i can't believe it's not butter spray - they have 0 calories and really have a buttery taste.
  • almaguera
    Options
    I learned this reciped yesterday. . add 1/2 cup of oats, cinnamon, 6 crushed walnuts, and part of a small box of raisins (splenda if you want it sweeter). . it tastes like french toast!!!!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a delicious simple omelette that I posted on Senior Golden Sneakers. I'll call it

MY GREEK OMELETTE

HEAT on medium low , in medium size fry pan (with cover)
    . wipe or spray of olive oil
    .1/4 cup chopped onion
    .3 oz (1/3 package) fresh spinach leaves
    COVER PAN; while in a small bowl, wisk together:
    .1 whole egg, 2 egg whites
    .1 oz Cabot's 75% fat free cheddar cheese, shredded (I use my own shredder)
    .Greek or other seasoning, to taste
    .couple of drops of water
    REMOVE spinach mixture to a plate when it has collapsed, but not overcooked
    ADD egg mixture to pan swirl and cook on medium, covered, until set.
    PLACE spinach mix into center of eggs, and cover with 1/2 the omelette till set

ENJOY. This is easy to prepare, and quite tasty.

Cindy, thanks for the hint about Olivio spray.
    Buzz
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    dijon mustard spread on top of whole wheat toast w/ egg white on top. if i'm feeling creative, 1/2 tsp no-fat mayonaise + 1 tsp dijon mustard.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just recently found Newmans Own organic salsa, in my grocery store, and to my SUPRISE 1 tablespoon is only 10 calories and 65mg of sodium! AWESOME! So I have been using it on everything, eggs included.