Are you kidding me??

Options

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This looks absolutely rediculous!

You can instill good habits by not being crazy about it!

Kids don't need stuff like this... they need to be OUTSIDE... get them a bike for goodness sake!
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    my kids like to imitate me. They wii fit beside me, they zumba with me, they lift little weights with me. If I ran on the treadmill, I would have a hard time keeping them off...this seems the perfect answer to that problem....
    AGREED! My son trots through the living room with me while I run. If I were on a treadmill, there would be no keeping him off of it. I'd be buying something like this as a friggin' safety device - he can't try to climb on behind me and get hurt if he's using his own treadmill, you know?

Do I think it's appropriate as a replacement for playing games in the park, or just being outside? No. Do I think it has a practical application outside that? Yes.
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As the only form of excercise I would have to disagree with this product but its kind of a good idea. My 4 yr old daughter loves to play on treadmills. This would be good for house that have treadmill that kids want to play on. I get it although its kind of weird.
  • onefasternurse
    onefasternurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can actually see the point in getting one of these if my children were younger. Its better for the toddlers to play on this toy one to be like mommy and daddy than to play on the real treadmill that can hurt them. I believe in educating our children on physical fitness before they become obese kids. I encourage my kids to play outside and be active in sports.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    that would be awesome for my corgi! He just won't go out in the rain! :tongue:

but for a human child? Not unless there's been a nuclear bomb and you live in an underground shelter.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    My kids would love that! lol. They always watch me on the treadmill and are dying to get on it!
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    my kids like to imitate me. They wii fit beside me, they zumba with me, they lift little weights with me. If I ran on the treadmill, I would have a hard time keeping them off...this seems the perfect answer to that problem....

This.
    I ended up buying little 1lb dumbbells for my 6 year old so he could work out with me without using dangerously heavy weights - and he insists he's going to do c25k with me when the ground thaws. If I was a home treadmill user, I'd either end up taking turns with him or buying him his own just so we could both run at the same time.

I certainly don't think it's an appropriate or even acceptable REPLACEMENT for playing outside, but as an additional way to stay active, I don't see a problem.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    This seems like lazy parenting to me!

It's what our nation does best, which is why our nation's kids are fat in the first place.

Let's refuse to sell sodas in school, and stop marketing of Cap'n Crunch, and threaten to ban the sales of Happy Meals, but continue to buy them electronic games and gadgets which encourage them to sit upon their behinds. Maddening.

That's all I'll say because I'll start a war for sure with my strong opinions on this.

The hamster on a wheel analogy was right on. This is a disgrace.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Utterly ridiculous. Seriously get a trampoline, climb a tree, go to the park, or kick around a ball...
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LMAO, haha her honey those love handles are getting out of control... better to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem

TOTALLY SARCASITC!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    For people who live in city's, during the winter....This would be ideal. You cant always get children to the playground during a blizzard. :/

Other than that I can find nothing to justify this machine :noway:
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    SOOOOO NOT COOL!!!! you as parents are the ones sitting meals on the table!!! you can keep your kids active , go for a walk ride a bike , swimming ECT.... There are other ways than this!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!!:angry:
  • clarreb
    clarreb Posts: 18
    Options
    I totally agree. My girls love to get on my treadmill after I am done & I allow them 5 mins tops because they are already thin. They do it all for fun plus it gets too cold out sometimes during winter in Michigan. I don't think I'd ever buy them their own treadmill but I can always supervise them on mine! We also discuss healthy food choices & how important it is to exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    ok heres my take on it,I think it goes in line with toy ovens,vacumes,ironing boards,washing machines,my daughter loves to try and copy me exercising when I had a treadmill at home she would run in place next to it.I think its cute and she would have loved to have it next to mine so she could feel like shes doing what mommys doing.
  • barneygoogle
    Options
    I think it's a great idea as long as its in conjunction with other activities e.g. bicycling, sports etc.

- something for the mom and daughter to do together
    - plants the seed for keeping fit later in life
    - way better than playing those all-consuming computer and video games

Why is this so terrible? It's not 'cruel' it's 'cool' :smile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This seems like lazy parenting to me!

It's what our nation does best, which is why our nation's kids are fat in the first place.

Let's refuse to sell sodas in school, and stop marketing of Cap'n Crunch, and threaten to ban the sales of Happy Meals, but continue to buy them electronic games and gadgets which encourage them to sit upon their behinds. Maddening.

That's all I'll say because I'll start a war for sure with my strong opinions on this.

The hamster on a wheel analogy was right on. This is a disgrace.

I think you guys are getting all worked up over nothing.Thats like saying the toy kitchens are brainwashing our daughters to aspire to be nothing more than housewives.I dont think the intention of this toy is to take the place of playing outside.Kids love to copy their parents hence the toy tools,lawn mowers,kitchens,ect.With so many people having home gyms kids just want to do what mommy and daddy do
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like this thing. I think it is a great idea. I don' t think that there is a problem with the machine itself. I think there would be a problem with people buying it and forcing their kids to use it. Inclement weather stops kids from playing outside. Kids like to do what adults do. SO...if a kid can imitate an adult in a healthy way, I don't see a problem with it.

There are all of these people in here saying that kids should be outside playing and granted, that is true, BUT the same goes for all of you adults in here who use treadmills and ellipticals or stationary bikes. You could just as easily be running or riding outside.

If you are an outside exerciser, than I can see you pooping on this thing. But if you go to the gym to lift weights on a machine, or you run on a treadmill indoors, then I think it is a little hypocritical to call foul on something like this.
  • lowpost42
    lowpost42 Posts: 49
    Options

DING DING DING!! We have a winner!

My kids are the same way - when I'm on the Gazelle, they're doing "pushups" and "situps" and jumping jacks and "stretching". While I'm doing pushups, situps, jumping jacks and stretching, they're on the Gazelle.

I think this is a "be like mommy or daddy" device - not a "here fat kid, you need this" device.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    OK...I get it.. daughter wants to be like mommy and workout with Mommy!!

However...that picture that they are using to sell this thing is telling a different story... To me, it looks like Mommy is supervising her slightly chunky daughter to get her in shape!

Agree?

Let kids be kids, PLEASE!!! They are only young once!!
  • sammuzzu1
    Options
    A little too much. They are kids, let them BE kids and play. they will have more fun and learn so much more about themselves and the world by the personal experience.