New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the thread! Thanks Bob for letting me in on this! Look at all these Xers!! Awesome....it's like a tribe up in here. I'm on Week 4 in the morning and looking forward to the extra Yoga X I'm going to get this week!

Kick this week in the shorts Xers!!

No problem, my friend. I overestimated my Yoga-X burn this morning and recalculated. It is lower than it has been the prior three weeks. I don't know if it is because I am getting better at the poses and vinyasas and therefore exerting less or if I just subconsciously was dogging it. 635 calories burned as opposed to 750-850 previous weeks.

You still on the West Coast this week?
  • reepobob
    Options
    Okay - I'm back on the program! Just finished Shoulders and Arms and loved it. Then on to Ab-Ripper-X - YOWZAH!!!! That was wicked! Can't seem to lift my back up - roll it up like they do - so when I couldn't do a certain move I just did crunches. Will my lower back get stronger so I can do those????

On Ab Ripper-X days, I skip to ARX and do it first then the other main workout (legs and back, arms/shoulders, etc.). I am weak in that area as well and figured I would do my weakest area when my body is strongest. Also, I pause the DVD frequently and try to do all 25 reps at my snail's pace. I had trouble getting up on some of the moves (especially the V-ups) but I am improving. Do your best and the ability will come with time.

Good luck!
  • reepobob
    Options
    I am on my first recovery week and did Yoga-X today with Core Syn tomorrow. I am glad I am on the recovery week because I am on the road all this week and I SUCK at doing weight work with the bands (never can get the tension right...always feels like it is too easy or too hard or I am working one side harder than the other) and it is a bear hauling weights all over creation. I am in Youngstown, OH on business until Wednesda and then fly out to Phoenix on Thursday to enjoy a long weekend watching MLB Spring Training. I plan to do P90X everyday. After a long plane ride, X-Stretch or Yoga-X will be heaven.

Keep BRINGING IT! everybody...
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    This morning was a little bumpy, but finally got my Core Syn in today. The burn was a little disappointing, even though I know I did more than usual. I was feeling pooped throughout, but I brought it the best I could. I've been exhausted lately.

Anyway, first day down of week 6. About half way through. I'm proud of myself making it this far. I'm still chunky (and probably will be for a while), and maybe I'm imagining it, but even with the fat, I think I'm starting to see a little definition in my stomach.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    We just did an awesome Chest & Back session. Killed those dive bombers. You guys can get better and better with this program if you are willing to progress. Have a great day.

So true. Week 1 I was only doing 5 reg pushups and the rest on my knees. Week 2 was 10 reg and the rest on knee. This week, who knows? But I'm going to shoot for at least 12 reg first.
  • lizard9800
    Options
    I start my Week 4 recovery today. Im still shocked that I've made it this far. I've gotten so much stronger in the last few weeks especially in my legs. Im loving it. Looking forward to the next few weeks. Im suppose to have surgery in the next month or 2. So I'll really tyring to get fit and lose as much weight as I can since Im not gonna be able to work out for a while afterwards.

Keep it up! After I tore my ACL I postponed surgery for 3 months and did a lot of physical therapy to get my leg strength back first. Today was my 4.5 month post-op and the doctor said I'm doing better than 90% of most people at this stage. It does make a difference!
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Well, I don't think I have the energy for Chest & Back today. My physical therapy session was intense! I burned 400 cals in one hour doing a lot of sprints, agility and hamstring work. And since I assume my legs will be tired tomorrow for Plyo I'm just going to push everything back a day. I will do Kenpo on Yoga day instead to even it out by the weekend. Only one more week until recovery!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Week 8 recovery - Yoga day. I'm having a hard time getting myself in the mind set to do the yoga workout. Not sure why I battle myself so hard to do the yoga DVD. With all the rest I can't wait to get home and push play... but yoga day I find myself putting it off longer and longer.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think with yoga you have to be in a more meditative state, concentrate on yourself and your body. I know that with the western philosophy we are always in a hurry and want to get to the next step or next phase fast. But yoga is not that. Yoga is slow and zen. I think that is why a lot of people have trouble with yoga. Just my 2 cents.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks Soccermum! I couldn't agree more :-)
    Just need to find it in me to slow down take care of me and take care of yoga business.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good evening my fellow X’ers! How’s everyone doing? Just got done with dinner and it was much needed fuel after a grueling Chest & Back & ARX! WOW! I mean that in a good way though. I upped pretty much all of my push and pull up reps! Woo hoo! And oh does that recovery drink taste like heaven when you’re done!

Blueviolet: Wow, on week 3 already! Time flies! Don’t get too focused on your results, they will come! If you’re following the program and eating clean, you will see the results. Are you eating enough calories or protein? Keep pushing play, the results are there!

Jata: Good job girl! Love to hear how you’ve gotten stronger! Love it! You are going to be amazed at 90 days, just wait! Hope all goes well with your surgery; we’ll still be here if you want to pop in and say hi! We’ll certainly miss ya though! Keep up the good work!

Dyiaane: Oh, I love pilates. I haven’t taken a class in a long time but it’s such a good workout, nice swap for yoga x.

Bob: Nice job! I bet you feel great by now, now that you’ve made it to your recovery week! Say hi to my old home while you’re in Phoenix! The weather this time of year is amazing! I’d gladly move back after all the rain and wind we’re having here in Seattle! Keep up the good work!

Crowhorse: Wow! You’re on week 6! Kudos to you!!! I don’t doubt at all that you’re probably seeing definition in your stomach! That’s awesome! Keep on rockin’ it!

Lizard: Wow! That’s an intense therapy session! I can understand why you’d want to move everything back a day.

Mak: Well, as much as some of us don’t like yoga, it is much needed and you’d be surprised at how it will help with your results. I know it’s rough because the first 45 min you’re doing nothing but sun salutations and vinyasas but after that, it’s not that bad. Dig deep girl, you can do it!

Soccermum: How are your workouts going? Good I hope!

Well, have a great evening all! I’m headed to the shower and then to bed! Remember, proper rest is a huge part of your results!!! Go get em’! See ya tomorrow!

Deb
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Wow Im sore, but I sure brought it tonight. I did the whole video for the first time of Chest and Back ...
    Unfortunately, despite doing it for the third time, I have yet to see any significant progress. I am still on my knees for every single push up ... its frustrating. I did 10-15 knee push ups though for every rep.

Divebombers were totally funny at the end... I literally fell flat on my face.. and couldnt get up! I started practicing those on my knees and they did get a bit easier...
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My legs are still a little sore from Legs/Back on Saturday, so I really had to push myself to make it through Plyo this morning. It felt so good when I was done, so I'm glad I did.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    30 lbs down since November, when I started Power 90. Now, I am into Week 8 of P90X. Recovery week! Substituted Cardio X for Yoga X this morning (not enough time to do Yoga), and have Core Syn coming up tomorrow morning.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Wow Im sore, but I sure brought it tonight. I did the whole video for the first time of Chest and Back ...
    Unfortunately, despite doing it for the third time, I have yet to see any significant progress. I am still on my knees for every single push up ... its frustrating. I did 10-15 knee push ups though for every rep.

Divebombers were totally funny at the end... I literally fell flat on my face.. and couldnt get up! I started practicing those on my knees and they did get a bit easier...

Don't give up, Emma! I have a friend that couldn't even do pushups on her knees at first... had to stand next to the wall and push against that instead. She eventually went on to do at least 2 rounds of P90X and Insanity (she even noted in her blog that she worked up to doing 100 pushups on her toes during Chest and Back in that 2nd round). I'm sure you'll start seeing progress if you keep it up!
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Completed my Ab Ripper last night and did Yoga (One on One version) this morning. Still having mild abdominal pain during plank, pushups, and upward dog. Not enough pain to stop me though.

Keep bringing it everybody!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Ah ha ha ha. Not laughing at you...just laughing because that sounds like something that I'd do. Almost landed on my head doing some of the ones in Tri and Chest workout.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Did my Yoga-X this morning after my 3 mile road walk and before my 2 miles on the beach. This ain't your Momma's yoga workout! Holy Moly! Was happy that I was able to about 80% of it though. Wish I had someone around to check my form as that's so important. Anyway - diggin' it!!!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    So when I first got my P90X program my 11 year old son decided he wanted to try Core Synergistics. Afterward he renamed it "Core Sinister-gistics" (I think it was the Superman/Bananas that put him over the edge.)

Well today was my first time doing that particular workout and I'm kind of in agreement with him! lol I was dripping sweat! He rolled up my yoga mat for me and was pretty impressed with the amount of moisture I left behind! Whoo doggy! Once I'm strong enough to do all of that with good form I'm going to be a rock star!!

There are certain directions I'm very flexible and there are directions I am just not. At least this program hits all of them so I can work on those stiff parts! Yoga pants were a very good investment. ;)

Got to go mop up so I can go to Costco. Have a great day everybody and welcome to the new people on the thread!