PART 2 January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 from

Options

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Happy Day Everyone ... the sun is shining ... I have the day off ... I have an interview this afternoon for a part time 2nd job (my fun job if I get it) ... I'm meeting some old girlfriends for dinner ... my life is good today. Hope you're all doing well.

Happy-tuesday-sunny.gif
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well I fell off the wagon over the weekend for sure, actually I think I fell off the face of the earth lol. I've been struggling with a lot of stuff lately but it's time to let go and get back on track. Spring break this week which means the only thing I have to worry about is work and doing a spring cleaning on my mess of an apartment. I haven't logged food in a few days because I sat on the couch all weekend grazing on junk food and candy, which explains my 2 lb gain over the weekend :frown: But I'm going to exercise this week so I'm hoping I'll be back down to my original weight by the weigh-in. Little late but mini challenge for this week:

1) Exercise Tuesday - Friday (burn 400+ cal each day)
    2) Drink AT LEAST 80 oz of water each day
    3) Under 1500 mg sodium daily
    4) Log all my food for this week, NO EXCUSES
    5) No buying frozen lunches this week, I want to prepare all my meals
    6) Wake up at 6am daily (personal struggle for me to get up on time so this will be a hugh accomplishment)

I'm SO EXCITED about the sound of a follow up challenge. I've been in several challenges since I joined at the beginning of the year and this is the only one that has kept me accountable because no one is really committed in all the other ones. I love all of you ladies so much, you are such an inspiration to me!!!
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    Vacation is over and I'm ready to rock out the last few weeks of this challenge...and I hope there is another one coming after this one...!!!

I lost an entire 0.4 lbs last week (sorry I didn't post earlier, I was in FL and away from a computer)...had a blast!
    Rocked the bikini on South Beach and got myself a great tan :blushing:

I will post some new photos shortly...a run on the beach at 6 am when everyone else is sleeping is so rewarding!

Three Month goal: 140
    Week 1 (1/7) - 153.8
    Week 2 (1/14) - 153.8
    Week 3 (1/21) - 151.6
    Week 4 (1/28) - 151.6
    Week 5 (2/4) - 150.2
    Week 6 (2/11) - 149.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 149.2
    Week 8 (2/25) - 147.6
    Week 9 (3/4) - 145.6
    Week 10 (3/11)- 145.2
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -

SW: 158
    CW: 145.2
    GW: 135

Happy Tuesday to everyone!!!
    Keep working hard to reach your goals...cheers!:drinker:
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd love to continue with the group after the challenge is over. I'm not doing really well, but I like the Friday weigh in. At least it gets me thinking to NOT eat the 'whatever' that I'd like to at that moment.

Goals:
    1. 500 chair marches per day
    2. 100 oz. of water daily
    3. bike ride (even if it's short since I still can't breathe) 4x per week
    4. keep sugars low (heard that on the belly fat diet keeping sugars 15-20g helps specifically with belly fat)

Good luck everyone!!!
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options

TOP LOSERS FOR THE WEEK ARE:

1. JRIV60
    2. HeartsTurtle
    3. Shamrock40

Awesome job ladies!! =) HUGE losses this week for some people. I thought it might be a good idea for the "losers" to tell us what they did the last week that made them so successful!! If not, that's fine too, lol.. Just an idea!

Just saw this... woah! Here's to hoping I can have another great week!
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    Also.. I thought I'd post why I was able to lose 4+ lbs last week for anyone who is interested:

First - I am pretty sure some of that was just water weight. The week before I was menstruating and the week before that I was extremely stressed about a big exam I had, so I think I was retaining some water. I had gained the past 2 weeks and was due for a big weight loss.

Second - I have been focusing on keeping under my recommended sodium intake. I have a medical condition called a Vascular Malformation in my brain. Basically it's a cluster of blood cells that just randomly bleeds. I get extreme migraines (and I mean EXTREME). Medicine doesn't seem to work for me, so I mostly just control it by diet, exercise, sleep, etc. Sodium is one of the biggest triggers of my migraines, so I've really been focusing on it for that. But, I also think it has helped shed a lot of the water weight and some of the weight around the belly. My husband looked at me the other day and commented on how flat my stomach has become. I'm focusing on sodium again this week, and once again I am really starting to see some nice weight loss!

Third - I have been trying to build lean muscle mass. When I first started I was just focusing on cardio, trying to build up my stamina. Now that I've been at this for a few weeks, I've decided to start some light weight lifting exercises and do things like lunges/squats. I'm really noticing a difference in my arms, after only a few weeks of weight lifting I'm already starting to see some nice muscle definition and they don't look as flabby.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who is looking for a boost in their weight loss!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Mini goal challenge results: 1) 618 cals burned (1005/2000 for the week) 2) over on sodium (by 250) 3) Under on overall calories 4) 64 oz of water

I started a new exercise class today and it kicked my butt! Then this evening I had swim lessons with my son. Holding a 20 pound baby and moving him around a pool for 45 minutes is much more of a work out than I expected it would be. My arms and shoulders are fried! Hopefully it will give me the boost I need to have a good week.
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Today's mini challenge result:
    1) under calories
    2) under carbs
    3) No chocolate candy - actually walked towards a candy jar AND backed away from it ... WUZA!

Took Zumba today, but it was quite challenging because I'm still hurting from yesterday's resistance training ... this too shall pass.
  • lucybp
    Options
    Also.. I thought I'd post why I was able to lose 4+ lbs last week for anyone who is interested:

First - I am pretty sure some of that was just water weight. The week before I was menstruating and the week before that I was extremely stressed about a big exam I had, so I think I was retaining some water. I had gained the past 2 weeks and was due for a big weight loss.

Second - I have been focusing on keeping under my recommended sodium intake. I have a medical condition called a Vascular Malformation in my brain. Basically it's a cluster of blood cells that just randomly bleeds. I get extreme migraines (and I mean EXTREME). Medicine doesn't seem to work for me, so I mostly just control it by diet, exercise, sleep, etc. Sodium is one of the biggest triggers of my migraines, so I've really been focusing on it for that. But, I also think it has helped shed a lot of the water weight and some of the weight around the belly. My husband looked at me the other day and commented on how flat my stomach has become. I'm focusing on sodium again this week, and once again I am really starting to see some nice weight loss!

Third - I have been trying to build lean muscle mass. When I first started I was just focusing on cardio, trying to build up my stamina. Now that I've been at this for a few weeks, I've decided to start some light weight lifting exercises and do things like lunges/squats. I'm really noticing a difference in my arms, after only a few weeks of weight lifting I'm already starting to see some nice muscle definition and they don't look as flabby.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who is looking for a boost in their weight loss!

Great job! Way to keep your symptoms under control :)
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This weeks goals:

1) Drink 100 oz. of water a day (I have TON to make up for)
    2) Workout Monday-Saturday
    3) Eat healthy and get between 1000-1200 Net calories a day
    4) get back to 127.6 by Friday's weigh in!!!!!

March 15 results:
    1) drank 128 oz.
    2) Did not workout :( Opted to spend time with the beau before he leaves for NYC until Monday!!
    3) Ended with 999 Net calories
    4) Doubting I'm going to make it back to 127.6 on Friday :((
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    6) Wake up at 6am daily (personal struggle for me to get up on time so this will be a hugh accomplishment)

SO yesterday was a fail, I came home and crashed after work and slept the rest of the night, BUT I did go to the grocery store and didn't buy any frozen dinners. Now I just have to figure out how to cook or else I'm going to go hungry the rest of the week....

1) No exercise :frown: (I only at 700 calories so I figured trying to work out wouldn't be good for my body on that)
    2) Only drank 45 oz of water
    3) Under sodium (obviuosly since I didn't eat anything)
    4) Logged everything I ate
    5) No frozen dinners :happy:
    6) Definitely did NOT wake up at 6
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This weeks goals:

1) Drink 100 oz. of water a day (I have TON to make up for)
    2) Workout Monday-Saturday
    3) Eat healthy and get between 1000-1200 Net calories a day
    4) get back to 127.6 by Friday's weigh in!!!!!

March 16 results:

1) drank 128 oz water
    2) did insanity cardio core and balance in a.m. And played one game of vball (not high intensity tho :( )
    3) only took in about 731 net calories :/
    4) Still doubting I'm going to make it back to 127.6 on Friday :((
    [/quote]
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge: 1. 100 ounces of water 2. Under calories, 3. No treadmill but I got a decent burn on the bike and elliptical. Knee is not 100% yet!!

What's everyone doing to kick their own butt for Thursday's last chance workout?!?! :)
  • lucybp
    Options
    Today's mini challenge result:
    1) under calories
    2) under carbs
    3) No chocolate candy - actually walked towards a candy jar AND backed away from it ... WUZA!

Took Zumba today, but it was quite challenging because I'm still hurting from yesterday's resistance training ... this too shall pass.

Wednesday's mini challenge result:
    1) Stayed under calories
    2) DID NOT stay under carbs
    3) No chocolate candy

Wednesday was a challenging day food wise. I was prepared to take the hubby out on his bday and had already decided to what to order from the menus. Plans changed at the last minute though, friends came over and we had vegetarian enchiladas, salad and cake of course. I spent half the day preparing myself psychologically, only to have the plans change on me at the last minute. I did not make a big deal out of it because hubby was so happy. And oh yes, I TOM came over to visit yesterday and I wasn't myself at all. I swear to you, the older you get the worse the 'symptoms' become. Let' see how long 'TOMMY' is staying and how much damge will be done as a result of the visit. I am craving more carbs/sweets than usual and need to continue to control the 'monster inside' me ... stay away TOMMY ... enough writing. Enjoy your day ladies.
  • lucybp
    Options
    Mini challenge: 1. 100 ounces of water 2. Under calories, 3. No treadmill but I got a decent burn on the bike and elliptical. Knee is not 100% yet!!

What's everyone doing to kick their own butt for Thursday's last chance workout?!?! :)

I will be taking 2 aleves and taking my behind to zumba no matter what.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    95a4c30be96e51eb48eaddbf35bed1fc_happy_st_patricks_day-2347.gif
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Mini challenge result for yesterday 3/16/2011
    1) 0 calories burned (1005/2000 for the week) 2) under on sodium by a bunch 3) Under on overall cals 4) As long as I finish this bottle, 64 oz of water.

I woke up yesterday and literally could not move my arms without getting a stabbing pain in my upper back (right between my shoulder blades). So I decided to rest for the day. Today I feel much better and it is going to be almost 60 degrees out so I feel a run in my near future! I have all my food planned out for the day (without accounting for exercise). Tommorrow is weigh in day. If I follow my plan today I should have a good week!
  • USAFwifey12
    Options

Yesterday was a success for me, still haven't gotten around to cleaning my apartment and the family is coming into town tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll get to it but I'm learning to put my workouts and health first and not feel guilty about it :happy:

1) Burned 409 calories doing C25k, rowing, and strength
    2) 88 oz of water
    3) Over 1500mg sodium but still under 2000 so not too bad
    4) Logged EVERYTHING
    5) No prepackaged food (except my Kashi granola bar which I don't really count)
    6) Woke up at 6:10 (this is what I'm most proud of, now if only I could say the same about today :indifferent: )

So I need opinions.

I'm trying to start incorporating strength training when I go to the gym. I still don't have a set workout schedule but I figure that the times I can get there I should go ahead and do both cardio and strength. Here's where I need help...I've just been using the machines for strength instead of free weights. Does it matter which I use? I've heard that free weight training works more muscles at once but since I'm still trying to get used to working out I kind of figure that something is better than nothing, even if i'm using the machines. What does everyone think???
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Mini challenge results 1) 681 calories burned (1686/2000 for the week) 2) way over on sodium (only after adding some food to my plan to bring my net calories up from 500) 3) way under on cals 4) 72 + oz of water.

It was a beautiful day here and I took advantage. I went for a run in the afternoon and then hubby came home and wanted to walk. After logging in my exercise for the day I was net 500 cals, so I changed around my food and was able to get it up to over net 900. Tomorrow is weigh day, Good luck everyone!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone and good luck this week!! Was sick most of the week just with a cold but still managed a loss. YAY!!:happy:

Three Month goal: 125-130lbs
    Week 1 (1/7) - 144.1
    Week 2 (1/14) -140.5
    Week 3 (1/21) - 139.7
    Week 4 (1/28) - 141.1
    Week 5 (2/4) - 138.8
    Week 6 (2/11) -138.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 138.8
    Week 8 (2/25) - 138.1
    Week 9 (3/4) - 138.1
    Week 10 (3/11 )- 138.8
    Week 11 (3/18) - 136.4
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) (MEXICO TODAY!!)

ONLY 7 MORE SLEEPS TILL MEXICO!!