This is NOT a dating site!

Options

Replies

• esq2man
    esq2man Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree, but if you watched the last episode of NCIS:Los Angeles, that is called a "humble brag."
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    As I am reading this thread there is an ad for dating. LOL. filipino cupid...
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had to learn this the hard way- men are extremely attracted to the number 18. As in 18 years old. I had no idea until I found out while in a homeless shelter when I was 18. I had to start lying and saying I was 16. Then they would run away. I also lied about my name. I usually don't lie, but in this case it was survival. Luckily I had older women looking out for me. :smile:

Its not the fact that they are hitting on me...that doesnt bother me because I delete them instantly. I just dont understand why they are using the site as a dual purpose.

Ok this set me off a bit....Hot guy approaches you in the grocery store Im assuming you immediately punch him in the nose and say, "Excuse me!! I am here for the zuchinni not your little pickle!" "Outrageous this is agrocery store for grocery shopping not picking up women!!"

The moral of this story is this. There is no right time or place for love or making a match. So grow up a little and eventually you will see that.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree, but if you watched the last episode of NCIS:Los Angeles, that is called a "humble brag."

Oh I love that show...They get Kensy all the time with that...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    But you know what REALLY kills me? When I'm trolling around match.com and some chick PM's me telling me she just burned 543 calories doing 55 minutes of cardio. I mean, who the hell cares, I'm there to get laid, not to hear about your damn calorie burn!

LMAO omg i'll get in trouble for bursting out laughing at work. hahhaha
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    People will flirt everywhere. I'm friends with a married couple who met playing Yahoo Games. An engaged couple who met on a widow support site. Four couples who met on my dating advice site. I see nothing wrong with it if it happens organically... if in the process of reading each others' posts, you realize you have something in common and see if there's sparks offline. I do think it's a little skeevy to troll the site, though.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Also, just to point it out, you're in charge of the interaction you have on this site. You have the option of ignoring and deciding who to be friends with and what kind of attention you will accept. You can't control external factors like who thinks you're pretty and who hits on you-- but you can control how you react and how you respond.

I think that you will find normally shy people, or not necessarily overt people, find their defenses to be down on this site, because there is no stigma attached to being overweight here. Its not like being out in public or on Match.com, being nervous about what you look like or if you'll be "acceptable" in appearance. We're all here for the same reason-- and that takes away some of the hesitancy in paying in compliment or getting your flirt on.

Plus, self improvement IS kinda sexy. It's attractive that someone is doing something for themselves that makes them feel good. I dunno. Just deal with it.

Gotta agree with Melis here. Well put.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: This is NOT a dating site!

Oh, so that's why nobody flirts with me. :tongue:

peace.gif

:bigsmile:
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    This thread really shows one of the great things about this site, so many people with a great sense of humor. I love it!

Thanks Kay!!:flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Ok this set me off a bit....Hot guy approaches you in the grocery store Im assuming you immediately punch him in the nose and say, "Excuse me!! I am here for the zuchinni not your little pickle!" "Outrageous this is agrocery store for grocery shopping not picking up women!!"

The moral of this story is this. There is no right time or place for love or making a match. So grow up a little and eventually you will see that.

Pickle. *snicker*

:laugh:
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    I had to learn this the hard way- men are extremely attracted to the number 18. As in 18 years old. I had no idea until I found out while in a homeless shelter when I was 18. I had to start lying and saying I was 16. Then they would run away. I also lied about my name. I usually don't lie, but in this case it was survival. Luckily I had older women looking out for me. :smile:

Its not the fact that they are hitting on me...that doesnt bother me because I delete them instantly. I just dont understand why they are using the site as a dual purpose.

I appreciate your opinion.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    To be serious for a second,I have had lady friends on here tell of some unsolicited and inappropriate private messages as well as persons sending several even after being ignored.
    Not cool guys...no need for that.

Anyways,this is the "fun" not dedicated to fitness and weight loss section so lets keep having fun! :drinker:
  • KaleighL
    Options
    This thread really shows one of the great things about this site, so many people with a great sense of humor. I love it!

Thanks Kay!!:flowerforyou:

I didnt think it would be so popular haha I like seeing everyone's personality
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    But you know what REALLY kills me? When I'm trolling around match.com and some chick PM's me telling me she just burned 543 calories doing 55 minutes of cardio. I mean, who the hell cares, I'm there to get laid, not to hear about your damn calorie burn!

OMG I actually loled
  • KaleighL
    Options
    To be serious for a second,I have had lady friends on here tell of some unsolicited and inappropriate private messages as well as persons sending several even after being ignored.

Anyways,this is the "fun" not dedicated to fitness and weight loss section so lets keep having fun! :drinker:

:happy:
  • mfergie889
    Options
    Thats why I dont accept guys as "friends"..maybe its a little extreme but I prefer to only add/accept women with similar goals and eating habits.

Ah, so you won't add me?

Unless you are a woman with very short hair, that would be correct!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You can post you aren't here for men or whatever and it still doesn't help sometimes. Heck, I'm almost 40, happily married, and still have been flirted with even though it's posted. Men sometimes find it a challenges (as do women the other way around.) The best thing to do is just ignore them. I make it very clear that if interested in being friends, supporting one another fine, but you won't get any "fun" chat out of me. If you can't respect that, then take a hike. If it's boring enough for them, they leave ya alone most times.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

2.gif
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Thats why I dont accept guys as "friends"..maybe its a little extreme but I prefer to only add/accept women with similar goals and eating habits.

Ah, so you won't add me?

Well I cried during "The Notebook" isn't that close enough?
  • KaleighL
    Options

Ah, so you won't add me?

Well I cried during "The Notebook" isn't that close enough?
    [/quote

LMFAO!
This discussion has been closed.