Here is what it looks like when you lose 1/3rd of your body

Options

Replies

• aeryn69
    aeryn69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome, thank you so much for posting your story and your pictures!!
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Options
    Thank you again to everyone.

Some unintended consequences of the diet:

I have 0 clothes that fit me. To a guy, it's an annoyance... I'm sure the ladies here would appreciate the excuse to potentially buy an entire new wardrobe, LOL. ;) I'm holding off on buying a lot of new clothes until I reach my goal, but it does suck that a lot of my shirts like concert shirts, NFL jerseys and soccer jerseys are insanely baggy now.

Another one: I drank more than one or two for the first time in forever over the weekend. Let's just say that losing that much weight has extreme effects on one's tolerance for alcohol! Which is actually nice, because then you need less calories to get to whatever point you're looking for.

Another thing I want to point out that helped me was that days I found myself too busy or tired to walk, I at least did some push ups, took the stairs at work instead of the elevator, parked farther away. MFP helped me realize that this it all kind of boils down to an easy math equation, burn more than you take in, however you can.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! Your journey is very similar to the one I am one right now. I hit 350 and my doctor put me on a cholesterol med that was the 'moment' that I started my journey. I am down to 316 this morning and looking forward to the day I can post pictures like you have. My wife keeps saying "Man, you are shrinking!" :laugh: Oddly enough about the body image thing I do not see the shrinkage like she can. I look in the mirror I still just see manboobs, love handles and a gut. I have been measuring though and have gone down 2 pant sizes. Just will be glad when I start to see the mirror reflect the man I used to be. When I met my wife 18 years ago I was 212.

Again, awesome job, keep up the fabulous work!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! You look amazing.
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You rock dude!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That's amazing man. And I love the Natty Boh screen name since I'm from MD too. Congrats on your success, you're very inspiring!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    So excellent. Great work! You just inspired a whole bunch of people. I will never, ever tire of success stories threads!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Dude... that is absolutely friggin AMAZING! CONGRATS!!! I hope I can post a similar thread at some point!
  • tinytaurus
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You are an inspiration to dieters everywhere!
  • wildsun
    wildsun Posts: 24
    Options
    Amazing, amazing job. And a cute little smirk at the end there too.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible, thank you so much for posting! Congrats, it's always uplifting to see that all the hard work is worth it :flowerforyou:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Great job, man! Congratulations!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will never, ever tire of success stories threads!

Agreed. Keep rocking, everyone!
  • necki696
    necki696 Posts: 30
    Options
    You look great be proud of yourself!
  • gigigirl13
    Options
    Oh my goodness what an inspiration you are! I know your family are so so proud of you! Thank you for sharing and for the good advice.
  • graceybaby2011
    Options
    Very well done to you and you look great.

Give your self a massive pat on the back and keep up doing what you are doing as im sure its just as hard to not let yourself drop back into bad habits :happy:
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    ROAR! You look grrrrreat! Job well done MR!!!
  • Sunshinema
    Options
    absolutely awesome such an inspiration
  • MzStephanieO
    Options
    Absolutely Wonderful..... Now thats what's up! :drinker:
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't know you at all but reading this post made me tear up. I'm so proud of you! Weight is a side effect of your lifestyle and it's obvious that you've made a LIFESTYLE change and that's the most important thing. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!