Starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (in 6 weeks)

Options

Replies

• almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Sorry forgot to log tues. was D14 L3 Today did D15 L3....I'm frustrated cause of my ankle. I'm not burning no where near as many calories cause I can't do the jump moves, but something is better than nothing.
  • rigby724
    rigby724 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Finished D7 L2 yesterday (took two days off over the weekend) and it wasn't too shabby. :)
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So I did 4 days on and I am resting today...phew! I did L2D2 last night and it was better in that I knew what the moves/circuits were, but it still kicked my butt! I feel like I am burning way more than 140 calories, but that is what this site tells me. Are most of you using a HRM or just plunging it in here like me?

gjspiller ~ Take a look at L2. There are some modified versions which the girl on the right does (can't remember her name??) and see what you think. I've been trying to stick with the girl on the left and it is much more difficult than what she was doing on L1.

rigby724 ~ Great to hear! You give me motivation that it gets better :laugh: :happy:

Keep it up everyone! I am almost half way there and I know others are ahead/behind that based on their individual schedule. But the important thing is that we stick with it! :flowerforyou:
  • rigby724
    Options
    OK, D8 L3 freakin' killed! That workout was hard but soooooo worth it, my abs still feel like they're contracting!

I'm so proud of everyone, it sounds like you're doing an awesome job!

@ TakeOne - I definitely think my right side is stronger than my left, in when I wear the right side is always slightly tighter on my right side, I think because there's a little more muscle? Crazy weird, I know! And don't worry, the way we're all going we'll have to being seeing six packs soon! :laugh:
  • joystica
    joystica Posts: 9
    Options
    will like to join .... but were can i get the cd
  • rigby724
    Options
    You can get it at Target, Walmart, or you can order it pretty cheap off of Amazon, regardless of where you get it it's under $10. Good luck!:smile:
  • rigby724
    Options
    Soooooo...I've gained a pound, but I know it's muscle because my measurements are going down! Slowly but surely! :laugh:
  • almondbliss
    Options
    D 16 L1 Done!
  • almondbliss
    Options
    D17 L2 Done!
  • rigby724
    Options
    D9 L1 Done! I also jogged 4.5 miles yesterday and boy did it feel good, springtime is almost here! :)
  • TakeOne
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday. I am still having interent issues (which sucks!). I did L2D3 yesterday and it was a bit better. I still felt like I was gonna die at the end, just less than the first couple days : ) I'm logging it while I can; L2D4 will be done tonight! Have a great weekend ladies : )
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    hi ladies!!!!!

i haven't been on MFP for a week! (or so). been very depressed and finding it hard to get out of my slump. i think i can finally say that my body is finally not sore and safe to workout. now i have to get my mind to catch up with my body...hee hee.

so i gained weight!!! UGH!!!

keep on trucking, girls! you are an inspiration!!
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join ?
    I'm only planning on doing it 5 days a week as I usually go up and see my boyfriend at the weekend or if not he comes down her on the days he's not working ,so 5 days is fine for me and I should finish on the day of my friends party.
    If I need to I'll double up workouts to.

Just to let you know I've given up weighing myself for lent because I was getting to obsessed with that number on the scale and in my experinces that is never a good thing so I won't be able to join in the weigh in's so is it alright if I post my measurements every monday instead?
  • rigby724
    Options
    D9 L2 done! Feeling great!

JoEllen92 - That sounds great, good luck!

gjspiller - Don't feel bad, I've gained 2 lbs this last week. Just keep in mind that you're probably gaining muscle and losing inches. You're doing great considering your accident, just keep it up! :smile:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! You guys are awesome!

I will be getting back into my 30DS once I feel better. I've been slacking for about 2 weeks and enough is enough!

Keep it up ladies!!!
  • TakeOne
    Options
    JoEllen ~ Welcome! Don't worry about posting your weight. I am just planning to do before and after measurements and/or pictures (have to see how the after pics. turn out first..lol). Everyone is going at their own pace, so you will be just fine :flowerforyou:

gjspiller ~ Hey lady, I am sorry to hear about the runt. Stay focused on today and don't stress about yesterday. Just remember, we are all hear because of YOU starting this thread. :smile: I wouldn't be here without ya!
  • TakeOne
    Options
    Where is everyone??

So I am over half way done :bigsmile: L2D6 Done!! I am considering staying at L2 for a little while longer than the 4 days I have left though. This level is still pretty intense..so I'll peak at L3 after I technically finish L2...but I might continue with L2 for an extra 3-5 days.

How is it going for everyone else? Anyone have a fav or least fav move? My least fav is the plank jack. They are tough man!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    i'm back! after 2 weeks of absolutely no workouts! it was a struggle to start, but after 10 min. into it, i was already feeling good. i did L2 (D6) and i like this level compare to L1. the only exercise i semi-hate is the plank twists. i thought at first i hated the plank jacks, like TakeOne mentioned, but after i saw the plank twists, i tapped out. my lower back is still stiff from the accident, and i was a little scared to do it, so i did another ab exercise, until i loosen up again.

all in all...pretty darn proud of myself. today was the first time officially back in MFP, also. i also stopped tracking my food. but today, i tracked. feeling good again to be part of the group.

so since this is WEIGH IN MONDAY, this is my progress:

gained 3 lbs. since 2 weeks ago (wah), but that's what you get when you don't exercise, and don't track your food (slap my hands).

how is everyone doing??

@TakeOne: You're awesome! Way to go! and thanks for the pep talk. i needed it!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    Mind if I join ?
    I'm only planning on doing it 5 days a week as I usually go up and see my boyfriend at the weekend or if not he comes down her on the days he's not working ,so 5 days is fine for me and I should finish on the day of my friends party.
    If I need to I'll double up workouts to.

Just to let you know I've given up weighing myself for lent because I was getting to obsessed with that number on the scale and in my experinces that is never a good thing so I won't be able to join in the weigh in's so is it alright if I post my measurements every monday instead?

welcome!!

i'm only doing it 5 days a week...i have ADD...besides i like walking, treadmill, and dancing, so...definitely going to change it up.

that's a good thing to give up for lent. i haven't weighed myself for 2 weeks until recently. hahaha...probably because i wasn't doing so well.

welcome to our group!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i'm back! after 2 weeks of absolutely no workouts! it was a struggle to start, but after 10 min. into it, i was already feeling good. i did L2 (D6) and i like this level compare to L1. the only exercise i semi-hate is the plank twists. i thought at first i hated the plank jacks, like TakeOne mentioned, but after i saw the plank twists, i tapped out. my lower back is still stiff from the accident, and i was a little scared to do it, so i did another ab exercise, until i loosen up again.

all in all...pretty darn proud of myself. today was the first time officially back in MFP, also. i also stopped tracking my food. but today, i tracked. feeling good again to be part of the group.

so since this is WEIGH IN MONDAY, this is my progress:

gained 3 lbs. since 2 weeks ago (wah), but that's what you get when you don't exercise, and don't track your food (slap my hands).

how is everyone doing??

@TakeOne: You're awesome! Way to go! and thanks for the pep talk. i needed it!

It looks as if you and I are getting back into the swing of things at around the same time. However, I'm not released to do 30DS yet. But, I'm ok with it. I'm just glad that I'm released to get back to my daily walks. The weather here is getting so warm and I'm behind on working up stamina for it. I hope we can start a 2nd string of this after this one is finished. :)