Hello my Vain Friends

Options

Replies

• missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'll own it! Hell yea I want to look better!

Call it vanity. I don't mind. I can live with it!

M
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it as personal pride in my appearance...lol! I feel sexier and more confident when I'm slender & I like that feeling!

I knew you would be here
    :glasses: :smokin:
    guilty as charged
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Vanity...but if the results were just I looked awesome but felt crappy I don't believe I would stick with it.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    I am so VAIN.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I admit it. I will stand up and say I am totally vain... But let me just say this; After years of treating my body like crap and not caring what I put it through, I finally started to care. I have worked so hard to be where I am today, that I am proud to be vain. Proud to care about my looks and my body. I am going to do everything in my power to make the most of the years I have left on this planet, to make up for the times I didn't care! So yes I am vain...but I am still very nice!
  • Gelly_Bean
    Gelly_Bean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am so VAIN.

+1

See you in purgatory!! :D
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This effort is mostly about looking good for me. My BMI is in the healthy range (high side, but in there), I run marathons, my BP is LOOOW--I am probably not going to get significantly healthier if I lose 20 or 25 pounds. But I don't look good now. And I really want to look GOOD, in clothes and out, with lean muscles and no jiggle. Congrats to you if you are losing weight for all the right reasons, but I just want to like pictures of myself and not be thinking "Jesus H.! Why did I think I could wear that?!"
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    I am so VAIN.

+1

See you in purgatory!! :D

Oh yeah :-)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    My my name is TRAV and I am the leader of the Louisiana VAIN Nation hahaha
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

agreed... :wink:
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I want my kids to think I'm pretty and not the "fat" mom as far as hott...I'm am never gonna be "hott" but cute or ok works for me ;)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My youngest daughter told a boy at school that I can bench press more than his dad. :tongue:
    I watched my mom during her last year of life walk around with an oxygen tank.
    I don't want my daughters to see me struggle up one flight of stairs, be ashamed to introduce me to their friends or have to bury me.
    I want to be around to meet my grandkids, which my mom never did.
    I want awesome spring and summer clothes.
    i want to look hot at 40, 50, 60, 70, and even 80.

Vain? Hell yeah and a lot more!!!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

Elyse....WTF...you are the vice president
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My husband is doing this for health reasons.

Me...ummmm....to be hot in a bikini this summer! (but I am getting all the other benefits as well so its all good!)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest and say that's about 90% of my motivation. I want to be hot, not just the girl with the pretty face.

The other 10% is so that I will be healthy when I finally choose to get knocked up! I want to be able to stay active during the pregnancy and continue with healthy eating.

It feels good to be honest =)
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

LOL... I guess I'm a member of that club... I'm in Louisiana and I'm pretty darn vain too. I could say that I do this for my health but that would totally be a lie. I do this because I want to look good and feel good. I also get a weird sense of satisfaction from knowing I can discipline myself to do what I have to to achieve my goals.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged, in it for the vanity! I am medically healthy, low BP, low cholesterol, no issues. The most I've ever been over weight is 30 lbs. not including pregnancy. When I am that big I feel invisible. I don't like to be invisible. My mom looked and dressed like an old lady way before her time, she's just now 65. I am not going to be that mom. I have teenagers and preschoolers so I do intend to be around for a long, long time and I am going to be healthy and fit and able to keep up with all of them all while looking fabulous! :)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Elyse....WTF...you are the vice president

... never said I wasn't =)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Oh I am sooooo VAIN!!! I admit it! My intention was to lose my pregnancy weight and get back to my old size...mission accomplished! Now I can't seem to get enough....so I made a new goal! Next stop...STRING BIKINI!!!! :blushing: Even as a teenager (when I was in the best shape) I was always too self conscious to wear one....well this time I'm pushing myself to look even better than I did then. Of course, there's the added benefit of feeling more energized and being healthier all around. :happy:
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My husband is doing this for health reasons.

Me...ummmm....to be hot in a bikini this summer! (but I am getting all the other benefits as well so its all good!)

Word girl! I'm all about swimsuit season!