Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :smile:

Well done to everyone who lost this week, or maintained!

I had no loss this week, but I wasn't expecting one anyway! I was naughty at the weekend :devil: ... again, although I managed to stay within my cals! I only have 8lbs left to get to goal, so I've decided that I'm going to exercise rather than worry about losing weight!

I'm blaming my boyfriend for my being naughty :tongue: as of today he's on a diet too (I've finally made him realise that he needs to change his eating habits and get fit), so he wanted to have a few 'nice' things before the diet started! Of course, he's a fantastic boyfriend who took me away yesterday to get some of my birthday present (I turn 30 next Sunday) and he bought me a FABULOUS pair of Irregular Choice shoes, so I couldn't not allow him the icecream after dinner last night :laugh:

On another note, as mentioned, I'm less than a week away from being 30..... I got asked for ID in tesco yesterday while buying my bf cigarettes :happy: and the guy who ID'd me was only about 20!! My friends told me last night that as I've lost weight, I look much younger... and some people have been shocked to learn that I'm older than my bf (he's 22)!! Talk about making my day!
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :smile:

Well done to everyone who lost this week, or maintained!

I had no loss this week, but I wasn't expecting one anyway! I was naughty at the weekend :devil: ... again, although I managed to stay within my cals! I only have 8lbs left to get to goal, so I've decided that I'm going to exercise rather than worry about losing weight!

I'm blaming my boyfriend for my being naughty :tongue: as of today he's on a diet too (I've finally made him realise that he needs to change his eating habits and get fit), so he wanted to have a few 'nice' things before the diet started! Of course, he's a fantastic boyfriend who took me away yesterday to get some of my birthday present (I turn 30 next Sunday) and he bought me a FABULOUS pair of Irregular Choice shoes, so I couldn't not allow him the icecream after dinner last night :laugh:

On another note, as mentioned, I'm less than a week away from being 30..... I got asked for ID in tesco yesterday while buying my bf cigarettes :happy: and the guy who ID'd me was only about 20!! My friends told me last night that as I've lost weight, I look much younger... and some people have been shocked to learn that I'm older than my bf (he's 22)!! Talk about making my day!

Yay you looking foxy and younger!! Love irregular choice shoes !! Well done for bagging yourself a toyboy too lol!!
  • nikkionamission
    Options

I'm 29 next month, think that's why I've finally decided to do something about my weight I want to look good when I'm 30!

I get ID'd at supermarkets regularly, especially when I lose a bit of weight I love it! :laugh:

Good work on the toyboy, I went the other way and bagged an older man :wink:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My other half and I also have an age difference.

I'm 40 and he's 35. Everyone thinks we're the same age...

... but that's probably because he's bald... :ohwell:
  • lesley1981
    Options
    Mine's going bald, in fact, he's turning into his dad (only a taller version) and his dad looks like chuck norris!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Mine is a spitting image of his father as well. :laugh:
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Enjoying reading the posts :happy: My hubby is only 2 years older but he's a lovely fireman phwoar :wink:

Well I'm hoping to get out my 4 week plateau this week. I've purchased the ebook Burn the Fat Feed The Muscle, and have done as I'm told and increased my calories. I definately feel like I've lost some fat, and I'm hoping the scales say I've gained some nice lean muscle too. Shall let you know on thursday.

Also finding its helping having 6 smaller meals a day during the week (weekends that goes out the window a bit more as I'm not getting up early just to have an early breakfast!).

Am I the only one on here who is elderly i.e. mid forties onwards :ohwell:
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    snacks never really work for me at the weekend either I don't seem to be as hungry when I'm not sat bored at my desk! :wink:

do you do lots of triathlons backinthenines? I did a sprint tri many years ago and would love to get back into it one day, I just really struggle with the running part :grumble:
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    HI all,

Not been around much this last couple of weeks, just started a new job so all my time has been spent trying to get around the systems, and the intense training course, plus I lost my password and only just got round to getting a new one.

I'm starting from scratch this week, new gym starts on Friday so will be going a lot more often as I'm on countdown now till my holiday so need to do something!

Hope you are all okay! :-D

Lee.
  • lesley1981
    Options
    I'm almost into the last hour of work for a WHOLE WEEK! Wooooooo!

I do promise I will be good, at least until I go to Wolfes on Saturday evening for my birthday meal :laugh: it's all good though, I'm going to be running around like a mad eejit for two and a half hours playing laser quest before we eat :tongue:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oh Team UK I need to confess..... just got back from the gym, 1 hour PT session followed by 30 min swim...well I felt like I could eat a scabby horse, (in hindsight a entire scabby horse would've contained less calories).. so I made the decision to treat myself with a bacon and egg sandwich. However I noticed there were 6 slices of bacon left in the pack and I decided I ought to use it up. Soooo I've just eaten 2 bacon and egg sandwiches, on WHITE bread (I ignored the wholemeal bread sitting in the cupboard) with lashings of HP sauce and a big mug of tea. You wouldn't believe how good they tasted, but over 850 calories, wow!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    850 cals ouch!! That used to be a normal lunch at the weekend!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Cool - a thread for us Brits!

Feel free to add me anyone!

Reasons I'm loving March 2011:
    1) Its my 35th birthday
    2) I hit my first target - 1/2 stone lost (one and a half to go)
    3) Got comfortably into some trousers which I couldn't do up before!
    4) The sun keeps coming out - even if it is only teasing
    5) The flowers are starting to come out in the garden

Reasons I'm hating March 2011:
    1) I'm having new central heating put in. Its too cold to be without heat - last two days have been horrid getting out from under the duvet!
    2) Japanese Earthquake.
    3) Giving the cat antibiotics because he got bitten in a scrap.
    4) The French. (Do I need a reason?)
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Enjoying reading the posts :happy: My hubby is only 2 years older but he's a lovely fireman phwoar :wink:

Well I'm hoping to get out my 4 week plateau this week. I've purchased the ebook Burn the Fat Feed The Muscle, and have done as I'm told and increased my calories. I definately feel like I've lost some fat, and I'm hoping the scales say I've gained some nice lean muscle too. Shall let you know on thursday.

Also finding its helping having 6 smaller meals a day during the week (weekends that goes out the window a bit more as I'm not getting up early just to have an early breakfast!).

Am I the only one on here who is elderly i.e. mid forties onwards :ohwell:

Ha Ha, elderly mid 40's onwards.....I'm not elderly and I'm 58 LOL...I look after 'elderly people' and they are 80-100
  • backinthenines
    Options
    I'm 41 in May. Don't you dare call me "elderly"... :noway: :grumble: :huh:
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh Team UK I need to confess..... just got back from the gym, 1 hour PT session followed by 30 min swim...well I felt like I could eat a scabby horse, (in hindsight a entire scabby horse would've contained less calories).. so I made the decision to treat myself with a bacon and egg sandwich. However I noticed there were 6 slices of bacon left in the pack and I decided I ought to use it up. Soooo I've just eaten 2 bacon and egg sandwiches, on WHITE bread (I ignored the wholemeal bread sitting in the cupboard) with lashings of HP sauce and a big mug of tea. You wouldn't believe how good they tasted, but over 850 calories, wow!
    Hey ..forget about it and just get right back on the healthy train toot toot in fact you can sit with the driver as youve done so very well lol x
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Hurrah! Found the March 2011 thread at last! :embarassed:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hurrah! Found the March 2011 thread at last! :embarassed:

LOL, and welcome back, it always used to be me who only found it halfway through the month.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 in May. Don't you dare call me "elderly"... :noway: :grumble: :huh:

lol! elderly i usually think of 70 onwards! so another 30 years for you before you get there!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    my reason for getting in shape was because i hit the big 30 in sept! so wanted to be in shape for my old age! lol! my hubby is younger too, only by about 2 years! he's quite proud that he has bagged himself an older woman!lol! men!!!!!!!