~ 30 Day Shred ~

Options

Replies

• FierceFeline
    Options
    Completed day 7 lv 1. I have been actually looking forward to my daily workout, to see how I've been improving! My first really big issue was the jumping jacks and getting through the pain in my calves. I can keep up with those now. My next improvement I am working on is being able to make it through all of the jump rope jumping - ouch! other than that, I am pleased with myself. This week I am graduating from soup cans to some 2 or 3lb weights. I will find my 5lbs for when I am ready for them :)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    DaY 8 Level 1 30 day shred - Feeling really good today after work out. I will be ready for level two in three days yeah!!! I may take Sunday off - but if I don't then I can do Level two Monday morning - That may be a great way to start the week!!!

I also did 20 mins on the treadmill ---

Haven't weighted myself this week - tomorrow is my day.... haven't seen a movement is the scale for awhile now - I am maintaining so thats good but I would like to have a little bit of a lower range.

Hope everyone is having a happy healthy day!!!
  • sparrow747
    Options
    Well I took yesterday off to rest my "crunchy" knee... so I'm on Day 7 tonight. My body responded really well the other week when I took a few days off from the gym, so as much as I'm wanting to do this everyday, I think I may have to take a break every 3-5 days! On days I'm not doing 30DS (and on days when I am doing it too!) I'm still doing some low impact cardio and strength training. Looking forward to my Monday weigh in!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I just did it for the first time today!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I just did it for the first time today!

It's never too late! Great job on your first day! Come back and let us know how it goes for you. :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Feline, lobster and sparrow -- great job! I love hearing about your progress each day!! It inspires me to keep going myself.

I did end up doubling up yesterday (once in the morning, D7L1, and once in the evening, D8L1). Then, I woke up sick this morning. I still dragged myself to work, but there's no working out for me today. I'm so drained. I'm going to bed early on a Friday evening, and am willing myself better by tomorrow morning! Provided I'm feeling better tomorrow, and I find the time, I shall double up again... or, on Sunday, since we haven't any plans for Sunday, maybe I could do the last day of Level 1 and the first day of Level 2 all at one time. Hmmm. We'll see!

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone!! :)
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Doing my 2nd day of this is a minute
    :D

I only have 6lb weights which are fine for the most part but I end up just using one (i hold it with both hands)
    for the side lunge and arm raise exercise
    do you lot think that's alright?
    because I physically can not do side lunges whilst lifting 12lbs,my arms refuse to raise after about 4 lunges and you can forget about getting them up to my eye.
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    Tomorrow morning, I'm starting on my second round of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Ten consecutive days per level, with measurements, weight and before/after photos.

Anyone care to join me? Would love the company -- whether you've done it before or this would be your first time -- the mutual support would be great!

Tomorrow I will be on Day 10 Level 1 so I'll post my measurements so far and what not. lol
  • tinalina81
    Options
    I am starting my level 1 day 1 tomorrow.
    I wanted to start today but was to sore from doing two classes two days in a row ( and I think I used too much weight)
    But tomorrow i should be good if I go to bed early and rest.
    So I would love to join you all on the shred journey!
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    Alright. I'm a slacker. I started Level 1 awhile ago - got bored with it after a few days and started Level 2 early. Then I got bored with that...it's not that it's not a good workout. It really is - I just get so bored! I'm going to listen to my music tonite and see if that helps. So - let's just say that I'll start over with D1L2 tonite. I also got addicted to Jillian's 6week 6pack, so I've been doing that every night this week (except last night...TOM came to visit), so I'm going to try to do both. Okay - here we go. It's my exercise time. Check back in in a bit!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I"m starting 30DS tonight. Haven't been feeling all that great so I hope I can keep up! One question, how you guys logging this in your excerise diary? I don't have a heart rate moniter to use and would like a estimate of what to log or what to log it under.
    Thanks!
  • tinalina81
    Options
    I'll join in! I"m starting 30DS tonight. Haven't been feeling all that great so I hope I can keep up! One question, how you guys logging this in your excerise diary? I don't have a heart rate moniter to use and would like a estimate of what to log or what to log it under.
    Thanks!

Good question because when I logged it in today i logged it under aerobics low impact. But i am not sure if that is right.
    If anyone wears a HRM during this let us know so we could better estimate ours.
    ~~~~ Thanks
  • harmonykay
    Options
    you can get it at walmart for 10$
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    JoEllen92 -- Sounds like you're doing just the right thing with the weights situation. I struggle with 5lb weights on those side lunge/arm raise moves. Most times I use 3lb weights to do them, because I believe that getting my form correct on each move is much more important than how much weight I'm using. That's why I have a set of 3s and a set of 5s, so I can switch in and out depending on each move. You're doing great!

chicalatte -- Great! Sounds like you're doing well, good job! I can't wait to see everyone's results at the end of each of our 30 days. :)

tinalina81 -- Welcome!! Come back and let us know how your first day goes..

Vanishing_Gordies -- Using your own music sounds like a good idea. I do get tiresome of the same workout toward day 6 or 7, but I stuck through all 10 days the first time around and intend to do the same this time. I get tired of the same speech every day from Jillian, lol! So, maybe my own music would help here, too. Thanks! And, good luck on level 2! :)

Jami22 -- Welcome! Good luck on your first day, too! I did a little research before I started my first round of the Shred, and the general consensus is to log it as circuit training - general. That's what I've been using (I don't have an HRM either), and seems to be pretty comparable to what others, who do have HRMs, report as their actual calorie burn.

Yesterday, since I was sick, I took a day off. I'm feeling pretty much better today, so I was back at it this afternoon, officially done with Day 9 Level 1 now. I'm going for a walk/run with a friend a little later today, so I've decided to do Day 10 Level 1 tomorrow, and also tackle Day 1 Level 2, so that I'm back on track from where I started, on the 10th. It'll be a good challenge for me, this being my second round of 30 days. I'm definitely looking forward to a different routine, though Level 2 isn't my favorite level. :)

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend! :)
  • Crissy143
    Crissy143 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I started 30 Day Shred last Wednesday. I did 3 days of Level 1. I'm not going to Shred on the weekends because I work from 7am-11pm (16 hours) on Sundays and Saturdays and I think that it would be too much on my body. So I'm going to try my absolute best to workout Monday-Friday. Hopefully I won't miss any days during the week. Do you guys feel like you need to do something extra after the workout because it's only 20 minutes long??
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    Can I join? :)
    I just finished day 9 of level 1 and I can certainly feel the change!
    I didn't take measurements (my mistake), but I don't feel the muscle pain like I did at first and working out is much easier now then on day 1.
  • chicalatte
    Options
    Can I join? :)
    I just finished day 9 of level 1 and I can certainly feel the change!
    I didn't take measurements (my mistake), but I don't feel the muscle pain like I did at first and working out is much easier now then on day 1.

Definitely!

I am bout to finish Day 10 L1 so you're only a day behind! <3
  • chicalatte
    Options
    I want to join! I started 30 Day Shred last Wednesday. I did 3 days of Level 1. I'm not going to Shred on the weekends because I work from 7am-11pm (16 hours) on Sundays and Saturdays and I think that it would be too much on my body. So I'm going to try my absolute best to workout Monday-Friday. Hopefully I won't miss any days during the week. Do you guys feel like you need to do something extra after the workout because it's only 20 minutes long??

Yes I am suppose to hit my goal of 60 mins a day so I usually do 10-20 mins of Pilates and/or Dancing for the remainder.
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    Thought I'd post a progress. I'm trying to hold myself accountable. I've done a real crap job with food and exercise. TOM doesn't help, so I'm not sure I'll do my weigh in and measurements tomorrow (my weigh in day). I'm sure it will only end in depression. Starting anew. Did my second day of level 2 tonight. Here's the thing - I really had no idea how much TOM would affect my exercise. I know how it affects my eating (I'm a grazer and crave sodium), but I really felt like I died. I could get thru the workout no problem before and now I have to take several breaks. Guess I have to work my way back up again, but maybe it will get better after TOM leaves.
  • courtsicle
    Options
    Level 2, Day 2 !