PART 2 January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 from

Options

Replies

• LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Excellent, excellent, excellent :) My (yet to be purchased) bikini wont know what hit it this summer! :tongue:
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Would really like to be part of the next challenge. It sounds great. Haven't been posting much lately, too busy getting ready for our trip to Mexico on Friday. On a good note while packing I always try on everything and have had to buy a few new bathing suits and some shorts. The ones I had are all too big =) After Fridays weigh in I will be silent for a week while I'm enjoying some fun in the sun, but I'll be right back at this as soon as I return. I'm not going to worry about the weight gain I will have while away. Too much good food and drinks. Gotta try to eat moderately. The resort is huge so all the walking should help. Must remember to stay hydrated, that's why I bought a bubba keg for the water NOT for the mango margaritas LOL:laugh:
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Ok everybody...I said I'd share my Insanity results today so here they are:

Fit Test Results

Exercise Fit Test 1 (1/10/11) Fit Test 5 (3/19/11)
    Switch Kicks 52 71
    Power Jacks 53 74
    Power Knees 91 118
    Power Jumps 30 56
    Globe Jumps 7 11
    Suicide Jumps 17 19
    Push-up Jacks 22 38
    Low Plank Oblique 47 84

Weight/Measurement Results

1/10/11 3/20/11 Difference
    Weight 136.4 128.8 -7.6
    Bust 34 32.75 -1.25
    Ribcage 31 29.5 -1.5
    Waist 28.5 26.5 -2
    Hips (high/low) 33/34.25 31/33.25 -2/-1
    L/R Bicep 10.75/11 10.25/10.5 -.5/-.5
    L/R Thigh 23.5/23.75 23/22.75 -.5/-1
    L/R Calf 14/14 13.75/13.75 -.25/-.25

TOTAL inches lost; I know I have a TON of different measurements so that helps but the total is 10.75 inches lost!
    and a 7.6 pound loss. Hoping I can see a little more by next Friday's weigh in :))

Can't wait for the next challenge!!! Need to make sure I stay on top of things....have a goal...gotta meet it!!!!!!!

Sorry the results look like crap but I didn't feel like making a table and trying to figure out how to input it...so again...I apologize for everything being all mushed together....hopefully you can still disect it!

This is amazing. What a great accomplishment ... yay you!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Haven't been doing these weekly like I need to. So I really need to keep track this week!

Daily goals
    1) burn 800 calories
    2) Not getting enough calories so at least 1000-1200 net calories!!
    3) drink 100oz water
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    As for the next challenge, I'm thinking "From Flab to Fab: Summer Hotties 3-Month Challenge"

We will focus on weight, inches, body fat % and overall % of weight lost. Over the three months we will check in WEEKLY with our weight and MONTHLY with our body fat %, and measurements. I will determine the measurements (to be posted later) and you are more than welcome to add additional areas to track as well and I will. So at the end we will have 12 weeks worth of #'s and 3 measurements of body fat % and inches lost. Is it easy for my friends to translate from cm to in? lol I don't know how =)

I think this will be a great way for those that dont have many pounds to lose to still participate and those that do have more it'll help us track getting into a healthy BMI and body fat %. I know for me getting into those healthy ranges is a big time goal! I think I'm something like 32% body fat. Ick!!

Get back to me with any other ideas. I'm open, this upcoming challenge will be OUR challenge ladies =)

Love the name and the ideas. Measurements to me show me results that are much more rewarding than the scale. How do you measure % body fat?
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Love the name and the ideas. Measurements to me show me results that are much more rewarding than the scale. How do you measure % body fat?
    [/quote]

I usually ask my gym to measure me. They use a hand held machine that sends currents through your body. There is also the caliper method which is the best but you need a trained person to do so. The machines you can purchase for pretty cheap online, like Amazon.
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    Is it easy for my friends to translate from cm to in? lol I don't know how =)

Hey Kerri...here is the conversion factor...
    cm x 0.39 = Inches
    in x 2.54 = cm

Fired up for the next challenge, as well as finish out this one. Let me know if you need any spreadsheet help...I work with spreadsheets daily. :yawn:
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Kerri, I think the measurements and body fat % is an awesome idea, I know I def get too hung up on the scale! I haven;t lost much for the last month but I compared some pictures from the start of February to today and guess what? I can see a difference!!

So that will teach me to stop beating myself up about the scale not going down as fast as I want!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Hey guys reporting my mini challenge results for today...

1) Burned 1020 cals (1020/3000 cals Mon-Fri)
    2) Drank 70oz/100oz water
    3) Increased my protein intake by 52g
    4) OVER on daily sodium intake by 700mg (Wanted to keep it below 1500mg)

Soooo 2 out of 4 challenges were met today. Unfortunately my water and sodium challenges didnt hit target. The first day of the week is always a tough one for me!! haha
    Will definitely try to rectify this tomorrow :)

Still, not an overly bad day either. Im happy :)

Hope everyone's doing good today! x :flowerforyou:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    If anyone did not get my long message regarding the next challenge please let me know! I'll send it again :) The MFP rules about sending many messages in a short period of time annoys the ish out of me! Also, if any of you want to copy and paste that message to a friend of yours that you feel would be great in the challenge then that would be awesome. Right now we are at about 20 ladies and I'm thinking 10 more or so would be a good group!
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I swore I would never do bathing suit before/after pics on here, but after this next three month challenge, I might have to! I've lost a lot of inches so far and my abs are peaking out! Come July, I want to WEAR that bikini!

What about you all?
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have to come to you guys for support! Does anybody have any suggestions for shaking a migraine? I know why I have it...PMS and the weather I'm sure brought it on but nothing is helping. It hasn't not gotten to the extreme point of making me vomit yet but this is day 2 of it and I'm a bit concerned. I used to be on migraine medication but went off it b/c i wasn't getting them on a regular basis anymore. I've tried motrin 2 times yesterday (800 mg each time) and it didn't help at all...well I shouldn't say that...it may have helped...just didn't extinguish the pain!

I"m at work today but already i'm having a problem with vision :( and the lights here in an elementary building don't help...i'm hoping it will be light enough today to keep my lights off!

So please...if you have any advice...send it my way!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Mini challenge results for 3/22- 1) 0 cals burned/ 1600 through Thurs 2) Under on sodium 3) Over on cals 4) 36 oz of water

Not a great day. It was snowing which completely bummed me out which led me to decide to read a book instead of exercising. I had my food planned out and then I burned dinner to the point of making it completely inedible so we got take out.

Today is a new day. I have stroller class and swim lessons with my 6 month old so I shuld be able to get back on track.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I have to come to you guys for support! Does anybody have any suggestions for shaking a migraine? I know why I have it...PMS and the weather I'm sure brought it on but nothing is helping. It hasn't not gotten to the extreme point of making me vomit yet but this is day 2 of it and I'm a bit concerned. I used to be on migraine medication but went off it b/c i wasn't getting them on a regular basis anymore. I've tried motrin 2 times yesterday (800 mg each time) and it didn't help at all...well I shouldn't say that...it may have helped...just didn't extinguish the pain!

I"m at work today but already i'm having a problem with vision :( and the lights here in an elementary building don't help...i'm hoping it will be light enough today to keep my lights off!

So please...if you have any advice...send it my way!

Migraines are the worst. I used to get them regularly. Try some caffenated coffee- the caffeine is a vasodiolater which can relieve the pressure and the steam from the coffee can be soothing. Sometimes a warm or cold compress on my face or back of my neck helps (try warm first I have had more success with that). Other than that the only other thing that helps me is being in a completely dark room and laying down. I hope it goes away.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Bad afternoon...let's just say things did not go as planned so I totally FAILED my mini-challenge.

1) very close to 800 cals burned
    2) no where near 1000 net calories, didn't even eat anything after about 2 pm
    3) 60 oz of water

Hope today is better.
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just realized I have been super low on Protein, Calcium, Iron, and Potassium! So those are my goals for the rest of this week. Step it up!

Send any good high protein recipes my way- that don't use red meat- thanks!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Diana Im struggling with my protein too :( Im finding it so hard to try and get a good level of everything without my numbers going in the red in other areas! I have a degree in Mathematics by God its hard work trying to add everything in equal amounts! If I increase my protein my calories might go over...or if I decrease my carbs my calories might go under...or if I increase my calories my sodium might go over! What a nightmare!
    I would love one miracle meal that has the perfect amount of everything in it and I can just eat that, lose weight and that will be it! hahaha

Interested in protein suggestions also :)
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    My Mini-Challenge this week:
    1. Burn 350 calories daily
    2. Minimum Fat Burn of 20 min daily (zone measured on HRM)
    3. Minimum Fitness of 20 minuted daily (also from HRM)
    4. Always make good chioces, and listen to my body when I've had the 'magic bite'

Yesterday's Mini Challenge Results:
    1. Burned 613 Calories
    2. FB: 9 min (cardio day)
    3. Fitness: 50 min
    4. Made great food choices today!

3 out of 4 for me today :bigsmile:
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Mini-Challenge Results:

1) Burned 913 cals (1933/3000 cals Mon-Fri)
    2) Drank 119oz/100oz water!!! YAY!
    3) 82g protein (increase on last weekend)
    4) OVER on daily sodium intake by 178mg (Wanted to keep it below 1500mg) :(:(

3 out of 4 successes today. I really think I set an unrealistic challenge for myself with sodium. I cant seem to keep it below 1500mg without every other category suffering. So Im going to increase it to 1900mg and try to stay under that. Its still a decrease on the MFP minimum of 2500mg so I guess I cant be too hard on myself :)

Very happy with my water intake today! Whoop!

:flowerforyou:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Okay: Today was good. 1) 685 cals burned (685/1600 through thurs) 2) a little over on sodium 3) under on cals 4) 64 oz of water and counting (only 4 pm so I should get in at least 24 more oz)

Feels great to get back on track.

Some suggestions for those looking to add some protein to you diets-
    - Greek yogurt- great as a snack and as a substitution for sour cream in pretty much any recipe
    - Add peanut butter or almond butter on some fruit (apples are great). Just watch the amount, they can be fatty if you don't measure
    - Cheese- Cottage cheese, string cheese are good snacks
    - Add egg whites, grilled chicken, nuts to salads to pack a protein punch
    - frozen shrimp with cocktail sauce makes a nice quick and easy protein rich snack
    - Egg white veggie omelets are one of my favorite lunches, low calorie and high protein

I will dig through my recipe files and see what I can find for high protein meals, also check out the recipe threads, I have found some good idea on there.