30 Day Shred - Starting March 8

Options

Replies

• madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    WOW level 2 really pushes you a real step up from level 1 much more work :)

still loved it though :)
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is definitely kicking my butt! There's a few things I have to modify because of knee pain. Grr
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Day 8 Level 1 done.. weird.. I'm super sore today. Like, the front of my right thigh is KILLING (not the quad, more to the outside of my leg).. and it's odd because I didn't feel sore until today. huh.
    I'm going to try level 1 again tomorrow.. and then perhaps move to level 2..
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    hey ladies, I thought I would jump in with some motivation. I just finished a shred thread and we lost between 2 and 5 cm off the waist and a couple of cm's here and there. Lots of people noticed big increases is fitness and endurance. Myself, I havdn't done it for about a week now and just did Level 1 and flew through it!! I didnt eat particularly clean and lost 5 cm off my natural waist and 2 cm off my umbilical waist so imagine if you eat well how well you could do. Good luck all :bigsmile:
  • mrskoolnu
    mrskoolnu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to start level 2 day 1 tonight!!!!
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    going on last day 9 of level 1 will start level 2 tomorrow ! :)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Nice job everyone! I'm on level one still, but I'm not doing it everyday so I'm not sure what day I'm on. I just plan on doing level one until I can do the entire routine without breaks, and then moving on to level two. I love Jillian Michaels! And I love that I only have to work out for 20 minutes and I still feel like I got an awesome workout. I also have days where it's really hard suddenly, and up until that point it has been easy...not entirely sure why, but I do have several theories. If the temperature in the room is really cold, I don't sweat as much and I feel like the workout is easier. It also depends on the time of day I'm working out. In the morning I have a lot more energy than I do in the evening around 5pm.
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I skipped last night I was so sore :grumble: back at it again tonight...thanks for poking me along, ladies.
  • monicanicoletta
    Options
    I also take 1 day off a week, sundays- your body truly changes when you're sleeping & resting so 1 day of rest a week is actually vital for change. but everyone is different thats just what works for me and what was recommended!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    soooooo Im on day 2 level 2 and I can finally do a REAL pushup :) Im getting stronger if anything :):)
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 1 Day 1 yesterday. I am reading through this thread and it looks like I am not the only one who struggles with knee pain.

I think that I will just modify those sections and do the other stuff. I will quit if I find an excuse to. :sad:

I believe my weight has a lot to do with the problems. Hopefully when I slim down it wont be so bad.
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's really tough to keep up my running and the shred! My butt is so sore I'm running slower! Hopefully that'll go away as my body adapts...
  • monicanicoletta
    Options
    today will be my last day at level 1! level 2 see ya tomorrow!
  • tramar
    tramar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was struggling with knee pain after the first few workouts on level one. I just kept going until I reached day 6. I took 4 days off to try to heal but I am still having issues. I bought a brace which feels really good. Yesterday I decided to just press on so I switched to workout 2 and that is a little less painful on my knees. So for those who are struggling with knee pain on level 1, try level 2 instead. I am doin the modified version. The planks are tough!!! Good luck!
  • monicanicoletta
    Options
    well after working out for 2 hours saturday morning doing kickboxing/strength training i went home to do day 11 and first day of level 2 but after the first part i gave up!! first of all i was EXHAUSTED from my workout already and when Jillian STARTS with "walk to plank/push up then walk back up" i knew i didnt have the energy for it.

Sundays are my rest day so today I'm back on to "day 11 with level 2" after some cardio @ the gym- wish me luck!! :)
  • mrskoolnu
    Options
    I start level 2, day 1 tonight. I took 4 days off. Back to the grind!!!
  • monicanicoletta
    Options
    I completed my first day of level 2 last night- HOLY CRAP. a lot harder than i thought!! the walking to plank/push ups, the mountain climbers, they are quite hard but day 2 of level 2 night!!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i have Jillian Micheals "ripped in 30" is this the same w/o? does anyone know, if not what are the differences if any.
    Thanks

I will start level 1 today, although I am trying to figure out how to incorporate it in with my weight training and running. My husband and I are on the last nine days of our 8 week fitness challenge. So far lost 12 lbs and not sure how many inches. My husband is down 22 lbs!

Can't wait for weigh in. We have also been following Tosca Reno's "Eat Clean" diet. Love it!
  • mrskoolnu
    Options
    I ran 3 miles last night so I'm doing level 2, day 1 tonight.
  • ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow. I wanted to start it today but I'm downloading it from ITunes and it is taking 3 hours and I have to be somewhere soon so...I don't think i will be able to start today. But I just got my mat and weights today so I'm excited!