Starting the 30DS over again who is with me....day 1

Options

Replies

• JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just incase I can't watch the 30 day shred or I get annoyed of hearing Jillian's voice I've written it all down on paper which will be useful when I go to the caravan with my boyfriend this week as I can't watch it there.
    Though since I have the workout all written down I shall be able to do it,I just hope I can keep up the intensity of it as well as Jillian does but I will be timing myself so as long as I do it in the same time frame it should be alright.

I'm 1/6 of the way through it now whaeey only 10 more days and i'll be 1/2 way ,I have to do day 6 today so I shall do that now. I've nearly lost an inch off my hips to a few days ago I was 34 Inches and now I'm 33.1 inches ,my waist has gotten a tiny bit smaller but not drastically like maybe 0.3 inches down but hopefully that'll improve a bit and i'm not sure about everything else but the fact it works that quick is amazing.
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just done day 6 whilst watching 10 0'clock live on 4od
    it took me about 30 minutes so 3 minutes more than it would of with Jillian but I sweated the same and I added a few more on to some exercises to make the numbers even with each other so I wasn't doing more on one side so that might of been why I took a bit longer.
    Still sweating buckets though and I can't do manly pushups yet,my arms refuse to work they won't bend and then when they do I fall flat on my face so I'm going to try and improve on that.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Still sweating buckets though and I can't do manly pushups yet,my arms refuse to work they won't bend and then when they do I fall flat on my face so I'm going to try and improve on that.

My upper body strength sucks so I'm finding out ughhhhh! Just done with day 6 on level 2 .... oh why so many plank moves lol

But you know what this means?????

We're 1/5th of the way there woohooooo x
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Boy those planks kick my butt. My core is so weak! Completed day 6, yes!! Level 2 is going to take quite some getting used to.

I read that it is more beneficial to your core and entire body to attempt 'manly' pushups instead of 'girlie' ones. If you cannot at all do it on the floor, try with your hands at a higher level. I try mine on a coffee table, and I can get down better than on the floor. So if this is hard to imagine, feet together on the floor, legs straight, butt in a line with spine, not up or sinking down, your hands on the side of a table, chair, or anything higher up than the floor, then do the 'push up' like that.

That way you can still feel the tightness in your core, and really work it out, instead of just working on your arm strength like you do in a 'girly'. At least, it only feels like arms for me.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Boy those planks kick my butt. My core is so weak! Completed day 6, yes!! Level 2 is going to take quite some getting used to.

I read that it is more beneficial to your core and entire body to attempt 'manly' pushups instead of 'girlie' ones. If you cannot at all do it on the floor, try with your hands at a higher level. I try mine on a coffee table, and I can get down better than on the floor. So if this is hard to imagine, feet together on the floor, legs straight, butt in a line with spine, not up or sinking down, your hands on the side of a table, chair, or anything higher up than the floor, then do the 'push up' like that.

That way you can still feel the tightness in your core, and really work it out, instead of just working on your arm strength like you do in a 'girly'. At least, it only feels like arms for me.

Thanks for the tip.

Day 3 Level 1 down. I also did 45 minutes on the treadmill at the gym - then a nap. lol
  • samerene
    samerene Posts: 86
    Options
    day 5...n i did try some of level 2 as well..man its hard:)
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i have been doing level 1 on and off for a while now. started on level 2 for the first time yesterday! definitely aching today. i am gonna do level 2 again today. i might do 6 week 6 pack level 1 as a warm up before doing level 2! inspired by some of you people here.
  • devbabexo
    devbabexo Posts: 16
    Options
    I know most of you started a week ago but I really wanted to join in so I did tried it for the first time today and omg, i felt like i was going to die. ive been going to the gym 5 days a week for the part two months and not even my PT has given my such a hard workout. I feel pathetic. lol. i hope it gets easier like a lot of you said.
    ps. does anyone ever get scared they're not in the right form. like i'm afraid im doing the lunges wrong or something but i didnt want to stop and figure it out and waste valuable workout time. :)
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Great job starting it up! Yes, definitely gets easier, but it does take a while. It is very important to do the work in good form. If you have time, maybe try your form and hit pause, comparing yourself to each move. This will burn less calories because of the breaks you are taking, but it is so worth it to avoid injury and really ramp up your work by doing perfect form!

Zuzana from bodyrock.tv (one of my many idols!) stresses so much that quality is far better than quantity. If you can only do 3 lunges in perfect form, that is a MUCH better workout than 15 lunges in sloppy form.

If you have a roommate/significant other/neighbor, anyone that can watch you, that makes it easier on you. You can go at 'full speed' without pauses and just have your helper correct you as you do each move. I hope you can find someone to help out because it really is a boon.

Can't wait for math class to be finished so I can go home and work off this stress! RAWR! :happy:
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Just finished Day 7. Feeling really good about myself! :happy: Still on level 2. Didn't take as many breaks this round, tried really hard and burned 30 more calories than yesterday. I think I will spend 2 or 3 days at max effort (meaning I don't need any breaks anymore) then switch up to level 3. I dunno how long it will take me to reach that point, but considering I have over 3 weeks to get there, I'm not worried :happy:

Heck, even if I did this on lvl 1 for 30 days it would still be amazing!
  • deeharley
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 down. I also did Insanity Pure Cardio right before that. My butt is officially kicked for today.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone's sticking with it, I had to take a day off yesterday :( I have a 'thing' with my left lower leg, I call it a thing as the dr says it could be this or this or this etc basically I hurt it working out too heavy in January lol I also ate terribly and felt total guilt.

Anyways I am back on form today, workout done followed by a banana on a slice of whole toast mmmmmm
  • deeharley
    Options
    So, I skipped day five today :sad: I know it sounds wimpy, but I am beat. I'm not used to doing that much workout.

I did do my treadmill work today. Back to 30 Day Shred tomorrow, I promise.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    everyone, please don't feel down on yourself if you skip a day! just make sure to get right back to it!

I finished day 8, pushed right on thru. I am taking less breaks each day... phew!
  • samerene
    Options
    done with day 6..looking fwd to day 7:)
  • Marli13
    Marli13 Posts: 23
    Options
    same, have no idea what it is....
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    today Im going to do Day 2 of the 30 day shred! Still on level 1
  • sarah44254
    Options
    same, have no idea what it is....

Did you read the first page of comments? :smile:
    30 Day Shred (usually shortened to 30DS) A 10 dollar fitness DVD that you can buy at wal-mart or other major stores. It is suggested you do the 20 min workout each day for 30 days, 10 days at level 1, 10 days at 2, 10 days at 3. All 3 levels (different workouts) are included for the 10 dollars. Jillian Micheals stars.
  • samerene
    Options
    done with day 7..phew
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Finished day 9 earlier today. Really feeling fantastic :)