10lbs by Mother's Day Challenge

Options
Nmama
Nmama Posts: 191 Member
Anyone in? Mothers day falls on Sunday May 8th. I thought we could do weigh ins on mondays and set a goal for ourselves for the next week. Since its a Mothers Days challenge, maybe add what getting healthy would add to you as a mother, or your motivation for the week (related to kids, being a mom etc) if that makes sense. I weigh on Fridays but check ins could be Mondays if that works for everyone

CW 174.4

My goal for the rest of this week: be more active than just my nightly workout. Its been so rainy in CA but today is actually a nice day so Im taking advantage of it!

Mom goal: I want to set a good example for my children and make them proud.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I wish I could say that I can do that.

My body thinks otherwise about losing this weight - but I continue to work at it!!

Enjoy and good luck to all!!
  • Nmama
    Options
    thanks for the bump ;)
  • herbalgirl011
    Options
    Ok, I 'll try my best. Thats more than a pound a week but I will give it my all. I would love to be down 10lbs by then!

Good luck!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Do you need to be a mother for this challenge? I am a mom to 3 - 4 legged kids but no human ones - does that count?
  • Nmama
    Options
    Yes, it is a little more than a lb a wk. if we dont hit it, then atleast we tried :)
  • Nmama
    Options
    no way! Fur mamas are welcome too! you have to be able to keep up with pets as well as kids right? ;)
    Do you need to be a mother for this challenge? I am a mom to 3 - 4 legged kids but no human ones - does that count?
  • kendradl
    Options
    no way! Fur mamas are welcome too! you have to be able to keep up with pets as well as kids right? ;)

Awesome, count me in :smile:

CW 181

Weekly Goal: Now that I have lost my first 10 pounds my daily calorie intake has also dropped so I need to work harder at the gym to gain more calories back as well as adjust my food a bit to maximize all of my calories.

Mom Goal: I need more energy to keep up with my brand new 4 yr old that is sure he is 1 :happy:
  • Nmama
    Options

CW 181

Weekly Goal: Now that I have lost my first 10 pounds my daily calorie intake has also dropped so I need to work harder at the gym to gain more calories back as well as adjust my food a bit to maximize all of my calories.

Mom Goal: I need more energy to keep up with my brand new 4 yr old that is sure he is 1 :happy:
    My dog is 5 and still thinks he is a puppy. lol he takes me on walks!
  • kendradl
    Options

CW 181

My dog is 5 and still thinks he is a puppy. lol he takes me on walks!

I have not tired the leash and collar with him yet but I know that is exactly how it would go :smile:
  • Brittany689
    Options
    Count me in to
  • tray235
    tray235 Posts: 4
    Options
    Count me in! I've been a member of this sight for a long time but I have never taken it seriously until now. I can not spend another Summer miserable in my on skin!! This sounds like just the motivation I need! Btw, this is my first post/challenge on this sight so be patient with me :) If someone could just explain exactly how this works I'd apreciate it greatly.
  • Nmama
    Options
    Count me in! I've been a member of this sight for a long time but I have never taken it seriously until now. I can not spend another Summer miserable in my on skin!! This sounds like just the motivation I need! Btw, this is my first post/challenge on this sight so be patient with me :) If someone could just explain exactly how this works I'd apreciate it greatly.

Well welcome back! :) DId you need help with the site or the challenge?

On Mondays we weigh in and post it here. Along with any goals we have for the week (more water, up the exercise, etc) then add a reason, motivation etc pertaining to being a mommy if you want to (since It is a mothers day post) Post your starting weight for this week. We're trying to get as close as we can to a 10lb loss by May 8th. Then throughout the week, we chat, and moivate one another. :)
  • Nmama
    Options
    I have question..what is everyones favorite activity for exercise? I really like the WATP videos. Mostly the walk and jog and walk strong. Ive done the 30 day shred but I get joint pain and that makes it worse so I do not do it often. I love to take the dog on walks and enjoy the fresh air.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great challenge. I'm the mother of one active little girl who definitely keeps me on my toes. She's going to be 3 in June and I want to be able to keep up with her this summer. Her father and I are not together but he has a lot more energy and stamina than I do which makes for her wanting to hang out with him more because I get too tired too quickly and Daddy can keep up better than Mommy can. I know its not a competition of any kind, but I want her to have a Mommy that's just as fun as Daddy. That is my realy goal... To be the best Mom possible to my little one.

I gladly accept this challenge :) Only problem I have is that I weigh in on Wednesdays so I'm a little off. I can use my weight from the Wednesday of the previous week for this challenge if that works. I just don't want to weigh in on two different days and throw off my mental tracking (if you know what I mean, smile).

SW: 212
    CW: 209 (as of 3/16)
    GW: 199 (by 5/8)
  • Nmama
    Options
    i weigh on fridays. I plan on just logging it the following monday. Would you rather do the following monday or just weigh in 2 days later? its up to you. Just post it when you do it and we'll track it. :)
  • Jillian2128
    Jillian2128 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'll give this a go, I'm only a mother to a crazy cat tough! I havent lost any thing in three weeks, so hopefully this will help me mix it up and get those pounds off.

My favorite exercise is tae bo! I love it

my goal for the week will be no diet soda

CW 176
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    Count me in! I am the proud mamma of a soon to be 5 year old girl. Like many here with young kids, I want to be able to keep up with her. I also know she looks to me as an example of what a woman should look like. Last fall she said "Look mommy I'm getting as big as you!" smiling and trying to stick out her little tummy as far as she could. Talk about a wake up call! That on top of seeing a friend have great success losing weight, and getting my iPod touch and using this app really helped me get started.

I'm currently doing 30 day shred every other day with "bonus" cardio on the "other" days. My goal is to try to workout every day and not be as lazy about those cardio days (which I sometimes skip.)

CW: 150.6

Feel free to friend me! We can all use the support! :flowerforyou:
  • Nmama
    Options
    I bake brownies in mini cupcake tins..i just ate 3 of them. Grr im def adding major time to my nightly workout
  • kendradl
    Options
    My fav workout is kickboxing, unfortunately at my gym there is not a class at a time that works for me. I do have DVD's at home but much prefer going to they gym. I guess my second fav would be doing C25K on the elliptical I just started that tonight for something different and I really enjoy the burn and the workout.
  • Nmama
    Options
    My fav workout is kickboxing, unfortunately at my gym there is not a class at a time that works for me. I do have DVD's at home but much prefer going to they gym. I guess my second fav would be doing C25K on the elliptical I just started that tonight for something different and I really enjoy the burn and the workout.

Im so uncoordinated I cant do kickboxing. I do everyting backwards. lol I do like the c25k. I need to restart it. I did a 10k a few weeks ago and im excited to try to improve my time