The start of the Two-a-Day workout challenge

Options

Replies

• AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Need to do my second workout, but my 1 year is inconsolable. :( Poor kid. Teething sucks. Guess it will have to wait until after he goes to sleep.
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Finished both back to back this afternoon. Ripped in 30 level 1 day 2 and 3 miles around the lake. My run turned into a walk and struggle half way through. My coon hound usually does really well with other dogs. She'll speed up to want to catch up to them but this time she saw three little fluffy dogs that quite honestly looked like baby bouncing sheep with jackets on. I don't know what my dogs deal was but she really want to see them and pulled, tugged, cried the rest of the way. Of course the owner of the other dogs couldn't walk in a straight line OR the same pace. I would almost pass them and then the owner would take off running with them. I would try going on another path so that we wouldn't be so close to them and the owner would weave around. UGH! I actually had four letter swear words but I'll leave them out here. Plus I really wanted to run but every time we would start up again my 60+ lb dog decided that meant a running sprint to these fluff balls and to add to it the weather was raining and 35 degrees.

Here's to a better run tomorrow (and no bunny sized dogs).
  • rperez5524
    Options
    Just finished my bench work for the day's second workout after Cardio X this morning. I'm impressed and psyched by the number of folks joining in. Good luck to everyone. All we have to lose is . . . weight.
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Got mine in back to back. Not ideal, but I felt AMAZING at the end. I couldn't believe that I still had so much energy!

My week so far:
    Mon: (AM) Turbo Jam (PM) Strength
    Tue: 25 minutes elliptical/C25K W2D1 + 10 minutes of walking

I could have kept going on the treadmill, but I'm still breaking in my Vibram Five Fingers and I was starting to feel some blisters :(
  • Stormywinter
    Stormywinter Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too, if that's ok?

This is my plan for the week
    Monday-AM-Dancing 60min PM-Dancing 60min DONE!
    Tuesday-AM-Dancing 30min PM- stationary bike 20min -not feeling the greatest today so I went light
    Wednesday- AM Dancing 60min PM-Weight training 20min
    Thursday-AM-Cardio max video 30min PM-Stationary bike 20min
    Friday- AM-Dancing 60min PM-Weight training 20min
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Tuesday in the books: AM=30DS, 25 min, 137 cal. Lunch time= Walk 40 min, 169 cal. PM=Core Dynamics & 10 Minute Solutions Belly, Butt & Thighs total of 57 min, 268 cal. Can't wait until tomorrow!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Tuesday done!

(X) Monday AM: Weight training: Chest and Back
    (X) Tuesdsay AM: Weight training: Legs and Glutes
    (X) Tuesday PM: Intervals (Treadmill)
    ( ) Wednesday AM: WT: Chest & Shoulders
    ( ) Wednesday PM: TTapp Total workout video
    ( ) Thursday AM: WT: Legs and Abs
    ( ) Thursday PM: TTapp Total workout video
    ( ) Friday AM: Chest and Back
    ( ) Friday PM: Intervals (treadmill)
    ( ) Saturday AM: Legs, Glutes, Abs
    ( ) Saturday PM: Cardio Kickboxing video
    ( ) Sunday AM: Chest, Back, Shoulders
    ( ) Sunday PM: Cardio kick boxing video
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've actually been doing two-a-days for the past 3 weeks, but had no idea there'd be a challenge involved. In any event, I accept.

Here's the program I've been working on recently- my AM workouts are short-duration HIIT sessions, with short and equally-intense Ab workouts mixed in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My PM workouts are based on the Push/Pull/Legs routine, and I'm lifting 6 days a week, alternating strength-focused days (heavy weight, low reps, longer rest) with hypertropy-based days (lighter weight, higher reps, shorter rest). I've been on some form of this type of program for the past 4 months or so and I've seen great results.

Monday AM: 15 minutes HIIT
    Monday PM: Heavy Push
    Tues AM: 15 minutes Abs, 10 minutes HIIT
    Tues PM: Light Pull
    Wed AM: 15 minutes HIIT
    Wed PM: Heavy Legs
    Thu AM: 15 minutes Abs, 10 minutes HIIT
    Thu PM: Light Push
    Fri AM: 15 minutes HIIT
    Fri PM: Heavy Pull
    Sat AM: Light Legs
    Sun AM (Optional): 15 minutes Abs, 10 minutes HIIT
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Sunday (3.20) DONE!!
    Monday (3.21) AM-DONE!! PM-DONE!!
    Tuesday (3.22) AM-DONE!! PM-DONE!! (did 3 miles BL Power Walk because OnDemand wouldn't let me have Shred with Weights)
    Wednesday (3.23) AM-?? PM-??
    Thursday (3.24) AM-?? PM-??
    Friday (3.25) AM-?? PM-??
    Saturday (3.26) AM-?? PM-??
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey 2 a Days
    Checking in after my pm w/o ended up doing Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 for an amazing 464 calorie burn per the polar, just awesome. I have 't done this one since I was much more fit. It was great and just wore me out. I never used to burn this many calories doing this so I've got a long way to go. That's okay' grateful to be getting started!!!!
    Hope everyone kept their promise to themselves - you're so worth it :flowerforyou:

See you tomorrow
    Janet
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey 2 a Days
    Checking in after my pm w/o ended up doing Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 for an amazing 464 calorie burn per the polar, just awesome. I have 't done this one since I was much more fit. It was great and just wore me out. I never used to burn this many calories doing this so I've got a long way to go. That's okay' grateful to be getting started!!!!
    Hope everyone kept their promise to themselves - you're so worth it :flowerforyou:

See you tomorrow
    Janet
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I'm up very very early for my AM workout !

I tried to add everybody from this thread as friends but MFP cut me off after adding five people :(

So if I missed you, feel free to add me :)

Have a great day everyone!

Sarah
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Getting my two in today will be difficult. My son has a neurologist evaluation that will take several hours. Going to try to do my two back to back this morning. Maybe 30 Day Shred twice, or maybe once and then a couple miles of the BL Power Walk.
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - I must say I'm starting to push myself a little more, I tried the 10minute solution best belly blaster and the shape up. Sometimes I feel as if I don't work my sides enough so I like the Bikini belly, and doing that for 10min makes me feel like I'm doing something. on the shape up I just did the kickboxing since I didn't go to class today, It was ok since it was my first time doing this DVD, I did these two after doing JM shred, so I was tired. but after a decent dinner I'm starting to feel human again.

Question, how do you handle weight gain dong that special time of month? I feel more hungry now then ever! I have been drinkning water,

i always make sure that I do not eat anything high in sodium. That will make you retain water and I know for me I retain more water during that time of the month then I do any other time. Hope that helps :o)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    I would like to join too, if that's ok?

This is my plan for the week
    Monday-AM-Dancing 60min PM-Dancing 60min DONE!
    Tuesday-AM-Dancing 30min PM- stationary bike 20min -not feeling the greatest today so I went light
    Wednesday- AM Dancing 60min PM-Weight training 20min
    Thursday-AM-Cardio max video 30min PM-Stationary bike 20min
    Friday- AM-Dancing 60min PM-Weight training 20min

yes most def!! :o)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Everyone is doing an awesome job keeping up with their workouts. I cant beleive how much this challenge has blown up it makes me so super duper excited. Some things have come up in my life and so its looking like I am going to have to do my two a days sometimes back to back or 2-3 hours apart...But I will most def get my two workouts in a day :o) Promise to you all :o) Heres my plan today

1st workout - 20 min eliptical, upper body weight training 40 min
    2nd workout - run 400 yards, 100m squats, 100 m lunges, calf raises, ab ripper x (this is inbetween classes and so its not too much but trust me i am super duper sore after this workout. Its nice :o). good luck to all today
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I had to do today's AM and PM in the AM back to back. My two dogs knew it was trail run day and got me up at 4:00 AM eager to go. Since it was still early when I got done and there is a chance of rain this afternoon I went ahead and did my bike ride. I'm feeling tired but good!
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    I had to do today's AM and PM in the AM back to back. My two dogs knew it was trail run day and got me up at 4:00 AM eager to go. Since it was still early when I got done and there is a chance of rain this afternoon I went ahead and did my bike ride. I'm feeling tired but good!

One good thing about doing them back to back is you dont have to worry about getting another workout in that day hehe.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Well I got my AM work out in. Thinking little man's DR appt will keep me from the PM one. Oh well, it's more important and I got my 30 Day Shred in this morning for 227 calories per HRM.
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Well I got my AM work out in. Thinking little man's DR appt will keep me from the PM one. Oh well, it's more important and I got my 30 Day Shred in this morning for 227 calories per HRM.

Stuff comes up. Like on a normal Tuesday I can only workout 1x a day. So things just happen. The important thing is you got one in :o) good for you!!