Womens point of view please.....ABS, What do you think?

Options

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That photo of little Asian-ish guy is NOT what I would strive for. For me, I'd rather have a guy with a gut than a guy that's that freaking skinny! But then again, I have a hard time drawin the line at what's "too much" muscle...

And this just proves the point that we all have different tastes. You're not going to get one definite answer for a question like this. Also, what in the hell is "Asain-ish" ...lol
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I love toned...the V is HOT but I don't like the veins...so I would say somewhere in between.

I don't want to lay on your chest and it's like laying on a rock.

Great big arms are awesome, but I HATE the built up shoulders (up to your ears).
  • Franticantics
    Options
    vascualarity...i love thse veins that run along side the 'v's'...actually drool..
    Arms and chest are bigguns too!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Chiseled abs and vascularity. :) V-taper,all of that then again I like the lean look aswell,I'm not fussed. xD
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Im just trying to be what women saw was "attractive". That way I will be the whole package when the time comes for a search of a potential life partner

To me, your perfect! Period. :embarassed: I hope that boosts your confidence a little (not that my opinion means much given that I'm far from pretty) But when it comes to looking for a life partner, I hope you look for a girl that will love you no matter your stomach or arm size. I met my husband when I was in H.S and a size 0-2. Life has given us 2 wonderful children and me a body that I very much dislike (and I'm far from my H.S size), but he still loves me, still tells me I'm beautiful.

A life partner is someone who should love you, no matter what your body is like. I hope for you, that you find that person when you start looking.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Moderate definition = *drool*
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    i was talking to a friend of mine one time about abs and she said "girls like boys with abs. women like men with shoulders"

my goal is 220 lbs and keep my shoulders and arms the way they are. i'd never want to be 180 lbs and narrow with abs.

hahaha, I love it! I'm def a shoulder/arms/chest girl. :heart:

...errr... woman. haha
  • SuzanneBall
    SuzanneBall Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like poochy stomachs and strength I can feel. Strong arms and a nice back! My hubby is the perfect example :) lucky me! My kids (teenage boys) have muscley arms and abs that are cut, and they look like they obviously care about their fitness and physique, and all the lil girlies seem to dig it.

Feel great about how you look, regardless, and all the ladies will find your sense of self SexY. prrrr.
  • JGCowboy
    JGCowboy Posts: 58
    Options
    ABS .....sorry I thought this was about Anti-lock Braking Systems...wrong thread :laugh: :laugh:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    defined, but not bodybuilder type, although i dont hate that look either, its just not my favourite
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i prefer flat with mild definition. i LOVE me some defined shoulders/back too
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    Mild definition
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Im just trying to be what women saw was "attractive". That way I will be the whole package when the time comes for a search of a potential life partner

F all that noise. I totally get what you are saying and have the same mindset but I have come to realize you are who you are and if a girl digs you great, if not, their is another one somewhere. Always is and the more you look the harder it is....or at least I think.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    So I need to stop where I'm at, or what?

You look fab in your picture, but you need to do it for yourself, not what you think others will like.
    if you want to go bigger, go for it, but you look fab as you are too x
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get bigger and bigger in the arms and shoulder/back and getting veiny which I like personally. I have come to the conclusion the bigger my biceps get and the more fat I lose the more my veins show.

I can see them in my neck, forearms, bi's and tri's and my jawline is getting very obvious. None the less I am just going to get veinier and veiner as the BF% drops so........I guess what I am saying is be who you are and as long as you are happy with the progress!

I want a full 6 pack and V but I dont know if it's in me or not. I can feel the abs and V under the flab and I can feel the flab getting thinner and thinner but I dont want to end up with that bodybuilder bloated muscular stomach look......EWWWWW
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    And now I’m going to throw the curve. Because I like ‘em skinny. Emaciated. No bulk anywhere. Just defined muscles because there is no body fat to cover. My husband is 6 foot and weight 130 pounds. For me, it’s perfect.

But this, is VERY nice, too :-)
    Generally I'm not really attracted to beefy guys and veins popping out aren't really my thing either;P I'm not super picky but I suppose I've always preferred lean and cut. This is pretty much perfection imho:

6glkw0.jpg
    ..just sayin.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    i think that guy just looks like a boy. Does nothing for me
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I think low body fat % and definition are more for the individual than their partner. Aside from girls who are very active and work on their physique to an similar extreme, the general female population is probably okay with their male partner being around 12% - 16% body fat.

As for a guy's preference on their partner, I think it varies to a greater extent, but I am betting somewhere between 20% - 26%.

This is excluding people who prefer skinny/chubby/overweight SO's of course.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i think that guy just looks like a boy. Does nothing for me

Yeah, he totally looks like he's 15 from the neck up. Too much photoshop.

but from the neck down....meow.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering what women find more attractive.

A man with a flat stomach with mild definition in the ABS or someone with chiseled abs, and vascularity(veins showing on the stomach and about the twig and berries) and the V?

Yes