The start of the Two-a-Day workout challenge

Options

Replies

• aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I managed to get up this morning! I did 45 minutes of Turbo Jam and plan to do 35 minutes of strength training this afternoon!
  • rperez5524
    Options
    Got my bench work in last night and shoulders and arms this morning. Whew! I'm looking at Ab Ripper X tonight and maybe a little additioinal cardio.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 23rd – 8:30 AM C25k Week 1 (DONE) + Mid Jari Love 30 mins (DONE) + 3 – 4 PM 46 mins walk/jog intervals (DONE)

I would have successfully jogged/walked/sprinted 15 miles today,I don't think I've ever done this consistently so I'm really feeling it,especially on strength training/circuit days,hmm contemplating on whether to cut it down to 3-4 times a week instead of this 6,but will see,next week I'm hitting the weights a little harder,by adding weighted squats,I wonder if this will strenghen my legs to continue running or make them so jelly I have to run less,waiting to see...lol
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 23rd – 8:30 AM C25k Week 1 (DONE) + Mid Jari Love 30 mins (DONE) + 3 – 4 PM 46 mins walk/jog intervals (DONE)

I would have successfully jogged/walked/sprinted 15 miles today,I don't think I've ever done this consistently so I'm really feeling it,especially on strength training/circuit days,hmm contemplating on whether to cut it down to 3-4 times a week instead of this 6,but will see,next week I'm hitting the weights a little harder,by adding weighted squats,I wonder if this will strenghen my legs to continue running or make them so jelly I have to run less,waiting to see...lol

I think in the long run it will strengthen your legs but if you are planning on running after you do the weighted squats its hard. Like when I do my interval training/squats/lunges. I always run before I do all the lunges and squats becaue if I had to run after doing the lunges/squats there is no way. my legs are most def jello...but i think if you just ran before doing the squats it will most def work :o) and just do what you can and feel like doing. doing two a days 3-4 times a week is still a challenge :o)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Got my bench work in last night and shoulders and arms this morning. Whew! I'm looking at Ab Ripper X tonight and maybe a little additioinal cardio.

i love ab ripper...its works so stinking good. I wish P90x would come out with a better leg workout though (upper leg) ;o)
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    Alright,I'll cut off my morning C25K run in the morning and limit it to 3 times a week,from next week onwards like I should be doing,I have been hitting it everyday since Monday but its only week 1 so its not too bad,its when the runs get longer I know it will get hard,and I already run on an incline aswell,thanks for the advice,yeah cardio before weights does make sense! :D

Oh and yeah if I feel,I will cut it to 3-4 times,it just depends on how much rest I get tonight,my neighbours are not the quietest lol,late night comedy show watching,although I love to hear laughter,I don't enjoy it when I'm tucked into bed soundly and its blasting away on the other side of the wall....[minirant] /;
  • johnmcfarm
    Options
    I am in! I don't really like to schedule cause my schedule changes on me too much...but, I am doing two workouts per day five to six days per week starting today!

I swam half mile this morning and walked 2 miles this afternoon.

Do we enter our workouts on this board every day???
  • Peyton115
    Peyton115 Posts: 75
    Options
    Tuesday:
    AM Workout -30 Day Shred: Level 2 & 30 minutes of Pilates DONE
    PM Workout- 60 minutes of Zumba & Ab DVD (15 minutes) DONE

Wednesday: (I'm in class from 9am-8pm on Wednesdays, plus homework time so these typically are my 1-a-day days)
    AM Workout- 30 Min Pilates DONE
    60 minutes of Zumba DONE

Really excited I met my goals for today and yesterday! Now i just need to kick it up a notch!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wed: 45 min bike trainer. 30 min run
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: AM Walk/jog 31 minutes; Lunchtime Walk 40 minutes, PM Cardio Challenge 37 minutes. Having a ball!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody
    Checking in with 3 miles this morning 420am...ugh. And finished off just now w/ turbo jam20 min calorie burn 426 for the day and I still have calories left for a snack. I was. So tired tonight I really could have rested but I thought of all of you just killing it out there and that pushed me to go for it Guess what.? I feel amazing. Nit sure about the weight loss yet. Weigh in day is Saturday.
    Keep on moving everyone. We can do this!!!!!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wednesday done!

(X) Monday AM: Weight training: Chest and Back
    (X) Tuesdsay AM: Weight training: Legs and Glutes
    (X) Tuesday PM: Intervals (Treadmill)
    (X) Wednesday AM: WT: Chest & Shoulders
    (X) Wednesday PM: TTapp Total workout video
    ( ) Thursday AM: WT: Legs and Abs
    ( ) Thursday PM: TTapp Total workout video
    ( ) Friday AM: Chest and Back
    ( ) Friday PM: Intervals (treadmill)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    I am in! I don't really like to schedule cause my schedule changes on me too much...but, I am doing two workouts per day five to six days per week starting today!

I swam half mile this morning and walked 2 miles this afternoon.

Do we enter our workouts on this board every day???

Everyone does just to kind of keep track of their workouts and also to show other people that they are still doing it. :o) Do what you can and awesome workout today :o)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Alright,I'll cut off my morning C25K run in the morning and limit it to 3 times a week,from next week onwards like I should be doing,I have been hitting it everyday since Monday but its only week 1 so its not too bad,its when the runs get longer I know it will get hard,and I already run on an incline aswell,thanks for the advice,yeah cardio before weights does make sense! :D

Oh and yeah if I feel,I will cut it to 3-4 times,it just depends on how much rest I get tonight,my neighbours are not the quietest lol,late night comedy show watching,although I love to hear laughter,I don't enjoy it when I'm tucked into bed soundly and its blasting away on the other side of the wall....[minirant] /;

Ah yeah I gotcha. yeah well you did really good this week. :o)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Had a rough day today and was really not looking forward to my workouts at all. But I pushed through and did both of them and I feel completely like myself again...LOVE IT!! haha So wed had a big check mark on it :o)

1st - 60min on elliptical
    2nd - Ran a mile and then did sprint intervals for another mile

Keep it up you guys :o) Summer is going to be amazing at this rate
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone! :D

Pushing through 4 and a half days of this weeks schedule,just have one more jogging session and I'll be done for today. :D

Thursday 24th – 8:30 AM C25k Week 1 (DONE) + 3-4PM 45 minutes walk/jog intervals
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. We are all doing a great job!

I just didn't want to get up this morning - So I'll be doing back to back this afternoon

1st: 25 minutes of elliptical
    2nd: C25K W2D2

Have a great day!
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Hey All!

So I REALLY didn't want to get up today.... but I pushed myself out of bed. I walked out of my buliding at 5:59 to get the 6:00 am bus and realised I didn't have my purse, had to run back inside to grab it, came running out the door just as the bus was pulling up, then my backpack exploded, spilling my stuff in the middle of the road LOL. Thankfully the bus driver waited for me to grab my stuff, but I guess he had to since I was on the street blocking his way!

Then I got to the gym, opened up my backpack and realised I didn't bring my running shoes!!! We had a stupid snowstorm here in Toronto yesterday and so I was wearing my massive artic-style snow boots- no way I could exercise in them. I sat down and actually considered going to the office and sleeping at my desk for an hour. I ended up going to the front desk to see if there was any shoes in the lost and found that would fit me.... so I wore someone's lost shoes and had a decent workout!

LOL- I feel like it's been a long day already!

(X) Thursday AM: WT: Legs and Abs
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Hey All!

So I REALLY didn't want to get up today.... but I pushed myself out of bed. I walked out of my buliding at 5:59 to get the 6:00 am bus and realised I didn't have my purse, had to run back inside to grab it, came running out the door just as the bus was pulling up, then my backpack exploded, spilling my stuff in the middle of the road LOL. Thankfully the bus driver waited for me to grab my stuff, but I guess he had to since I was on the street blocking his way!

Then I got to the gym, opened up my backpack and realised I didn't bring my running shoes!!! We had a stupid snowstorm here in Toronto yesterday and so I was wearing my massive artic-style snow boots- no way I could exercise in them. I sat down and actually considered going to the office and sleeping at my desk for an hour. I ended up going to the front desk to see if there was any shoes in the lost and found that would fit me.... so I wore someone's lost shoes and had a decent workout!

LOL- I feel like it's been a long day already!

(X) Thursday AM: WT: Legs and Abs

Oh thats an awful start to the morning. Especially when you forget something its like nothing is ever on time the whole day. hope the day gets better. but I do have to say that borrowing someone elses shoes (stranger) is true dedication KUDOS to you :o)
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh thats an awful start to the morning. Especially when you forget something its like nothing is ever on time the whole day. hope the day gets better. but I do have to say that borrowing someone elses shoes (stranger) is true dedication KUDOS to you :o)
    [/quote]

LOL thanks! Yeah it took a bit of courage to ask the girl at the desk but thankfully she is super-friendly and she said said ppl do that all the time :) Still tho... not the most sanitary experience lmao.

I've been trying to get an overnight locker at the gym, but they only allow a certain number of them since there is limited space :( Altho I'm number two on the waiting list yahoo!