Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    VERY impressed by sticking to calories on birthday weekend, lets hope I do just as well when my time comes!! Hope you also had a good weekend :D

I have started weighing in twice a week, first thing on Monday so I know what number Im starting the week on and then first thing on Friday so I know what Im ending the week on. Thats the problem with suffering from memory loss I keep forgetting what weight I am so this seems to help now and since starting it 2 weeks ago this way Ive actually DOUBLED the amount Im losing - going from 0.4lbs a week to around 2lbs a week!! woohoo!!

Tried on my incentive top today and for the first time EVER my arms fit perfectly! To think I bought this in January ready for the holiday - its a size 12 I was a size 20 - no wonder my jeans are starting to fall down! Still need to sort out somethin with my chest though cos they are the only thing stopping me from wearing a size 14 top - belly fits perfect in size 14, chest says no thanks I still want my size 18s thanks! grrr Have started doing sit ups as of this morning to help with toning up, have alot of skin needing attention around the belly and kind of praying it will help the other problem too - starting on 60 sit ups a day - ouch!!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Lynz - I have the same problem, these puppies are not fitting into a smaller size!! But my hubby says he doesn't want them getting smaller anyway :wink:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Lynz, have you ever tried pilates? I'm doing this three months or so and I love it! Have to be honest, I don't like exercising and sweating, but this is quite gentle, and you won't believe how much my stomach area has improved.

Lesley you're looking great! And I just can't believe you stayed within the calories, that's dedication for you!

Irns, get well soon!

I'm back on track again after my little bender this weekend in London, not even that hard to get back, MFP really doe suit me.

The only thing here that confuses me sometimes are all the contradictory threads about the minimum amount of calories you should be eating. Guess I just stick to the 1230 that I currently get on here, just hope I won't go in that dreaded "starvation mode" (buzz word of this forum it seems)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello chaps
    hope everyone is ok! im doing well, but im now more hungry than when i first started. maybe my body's telling me to stop being greedy and maintain! i have lowered my goal to 8st 8lbs, so only 4lbs so not loads but not sure how im gonna get there if i keep wanting to eat more! no problems with water though, easily having 6-7 pints a day as its soo warm now.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet bit am having problems with my other half and the stress has totally put me off my food. Seeing him on the weekend to see if we can work things out and it's all very upsetting.
    Anyway, this stress diet beats training and diet hands down as I've lost 2lb since Sunday and I've done zero training! :huh: This wasn't how I wanted to lose it though and I'm really trying to eat but am really having to force myself. :frown:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone from a TeamUK returner :flowerforyou: Hoping I can stay the distance this time!
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Have been a little quiet this month as have been flat out at work. Evenings have been spent on exercise - pilates and exercise bike. The good news is that March has been a much better month than February was.

I've just finished an 8 week pilates course and will be looking to sign up again for the next one as I can already feel a difference in my posture and core muscles - my stomach definitely feels a bit flatter and firmer. That said I am still 'awakening' some muscles that haven't been used in years.

Heres to a successful final week of the month to you all.
  • rachie78sw
    Options
    Morning guys

Well it seems I am having a battle with the scales, I lose 1 1/4 and then put that back on, this has happened the last few weeks :sad:

I really need to make a dent in this weight gain since Xmas and its just not happening, only loosing 3 lbs since middle of Feb is so disheartening. I must invest in a tape measure and try the inches as well as weight!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet bit am having problems with my other half and the stress has totally put me off my food. Seeing him on the weekend to see if we can work things out and it's all very upsetting.
    Anyway, this stress diet beats training and diet hands down as I've lost 2lb since Sunday and I've done zero training! :huh: This wasn't how I wanted to lose it though and I'm really trying to eat but am really having to force myself. :frown:

Poor you :frown: It's always upsetting when something goes wrong in a relationship, but I'm sure whatever happens will be for the best... just look after yourself!
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Drrrrumroll... I've reached a major milestone! Today in the office, I'm wearing trousers size 12. A SIZE 12!! I cannot even remember when i last was that size! And I'm not even suffocating, which is a bonus. Oh and I also wear a smaller cupsize bra, wahay!

Haha, I feel SO self-consious about it, weird hey. It's just that yesterday I took a good look at myself and really, I looked ridiculous in the baggy clothes I had on. They're in the laundry now for the very last time and then it's on to the charity bag. YAY!
    The weight that I had put on over the weekend has gone again as well, for me this is real proof that MFP works for me and this should last as well, I'm determined never to go over this size again. Ever.

Rachie, I know what you mean, I've been going extremely slow as well. The first 9/10 lbs fell off, but my last 3 lbs seem to have taken ages and I keep fluctuating. I definitely know I lost inches though (even though like you I don't actually have a tape measure), or else I wouldn't be able to fit in these trousers.

Backinthenines, sorry to hear about your relationship troubles, hope ye can work it out :flowerforyou:

Fatlass (what a horrible nick!), isn't pilates brilliant! I've done it for a few months now and I really enjoy it and that's coming from me, an exercise hater!
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The weather is wonderful today here in sunny Wales x
  • rachie78sw
    Options
    :smile: Yes Shandy I agree Wales is looking lovely today. What part you from? I am in Newport :smile:

Mairgheal it is a great feeling putting on a smaller size. When I first lost weight after having my son, I was in denial I had dropped a size, until my mum convinced me to put on a 12, the feeling was great.

That then made me throw out all my 14's, I will never go back there was my attitude. Well done. :flowerforyou:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Drrrrumroll... I've reached a major milestone! Today in the office, I'm wearing trousers size 12. A SIZE 12!! I cannot even remember when i last was that size! And I'm not even suffocating, which is a bonus. Oh and I also wear a smaller cupsize bra, wahay!

Haha, I feel SO self-consious about it, weird hey. It's just that yesterday I took a good look at myself and really, I looked ridiculous in the baggy clothes I had on. They're in the laundry now for the very last time and then it's on to the charity bag. YAY!
    The weight that I had put on over the weekend has gone again as well, for me this is real proof that MFP works for me and this should last as well, I'm determined never to go over this size again. Ever.

Rachie, I know what you mean, I've been going extremely slow as well. The first 9/10 lbs fell off, but my last 3 lbs seem to have taken ages and I keep fluctuating. I definitely know I lost inches though (even though like you I don't actually have a tape measure), or else I wouldn't be able to fit in these trousers.

Backinthenines, sorry to hear about your relationship troubles, hope ye can work it out :flowerforyou:

Fatlass (what a horrible nick!), isn't pilates brilliant! I've done it for a few months now and I really enjoy it and that's coming from me, an exercise hater!

Congratulations. Somehow getting into smaller jeans feels like a bigger victory than loosing weight for me... Its like proof we're winning!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    hello lovelies,

Yes South Wales is looking lovely this morning. *waves from Cardiff* :flowerforyou:

Thank you for your kind words of support. Yes the very sudden onset of male cold feet syndrome has literally floored me it was so unexpected. :frown: I'm travelling up on Friday for us to "talk" but part of me fears it'll be a "it's not you, it's me" talk, and I really didn't see this coming at all.

Another 0.4lb down since yesterday, so dropped from 142.6 to 140.2 since Sunday. I'm kind of applying "every cloud has a silver lining" thinking as all this stress has almost pushed me back into the 130s.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options

Congratulations. Somehow getting into smaller jeans feels like a bigger victory than loosing weight for me... Its like proof we're winning!

I agree, I get far happier when I fit into smaller clothes!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Well done to everyone who's been losing weight "the right way". LOL :drinker:

I agree clothes fitting is more imporant than the numbers on the scale !! It's also much more indicative of good body composition, as you can still have too much body fat even when you're in your "normal" weight range.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/197718-new-rachel-cosgrove-article-on-skinny-fat-interesting
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi Team,

Poor you :frown: It's always upsetting when something goes wrong in a relationship, but I'm sure whatever happens will be for the best... just look after yourself!

Good advice!! Just eat when you can and def don't stress about the training!!

Hope this weather stays nice over the weekend!!!
  • JaXXster
    JaXXster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, Team UK !

I'm new to MFP, only been here for two weeks, it's great to see how well you are all doing!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words of support. Yes the very sudden onset of male cold feet syndrome has literally floored me it was so unexpected. :frown: I'm travelling up on Friday for us to "talk" but part of me fears it'll be a "it's not you, it's me" talk, and I really didn't see this coming at all.

Take it from someone who knows.... it's better he gets cold feet now before you spend THOUSANDS! Mine got cold feet a few days AFTER our wedding, and my marriage lastd a whole 2 weeks before we split up!

You seem to be a lovely person, but you have to ask yourself, do I really want to be with someone who could hurt me like this... harsh, I know, but it's one of these things
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Two weeks! OMG Lesley what a horrid time that must have been, you poor thing.
    How does it work up north, same as here in ROI, that you need to be separated for five years before you can get divorced, or is it just UK law?

And yes, the smaller clothes sizes is WAY more of a boost than the numbers on the scales, big time! I'm grinning like an eejit today. :bigsmile:

Such a lovely day again hey. Went out for a walk with my colleague, but she suffered with shin splints (again) so we had to give up after just 15 minutes. Feel sorry for her, but I'm raging too, would have loved to have gone for a good walk, the measly 70 cals that we burned aren't even worth logging here. I think I go again straight after work. I find it hard to stick to my allocated calories on MFP (1230), the few extras from my walks are always needed!
    I'm going to have to say to her that I prefer to walk alone, feel so mean though!