PART 2 January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 from

Options

Replies

• LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much drcarrier! They are great suggestions for protein, I look forward to trying some of them out this week! :flowerforyou:
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    My Mini-Challenge this week:
    1. Burn 350 calories daily
    2. Minimum Fat Burn of 20 min daily (zone measured on HRM)
    3. Minimum Fitness of 20 min daily (also from HRM)
    4. Always make good chioces, and listen to my body when I've had the 'magic bite'

Mini Challenge Results:
    1. Burned 150 Calories (rest day, but ended up getting a quick w/o in)
    2. FB: 24 min
    3. Fitness: 3 min (weights today)
    4. Made tuna and oats patties for dinner...yum!

2 for 4 today... :bigsmile:
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hows everyone been going so far on the FINAL week? I just got back from spinning, and it is an exercise that i love. The feeling after is amazing, and i measured my thighs yesterday to find out that i've finally begun losing some inches there :)
    I've been looking to up my protein too so those suggestions are great. I'm getting a bit sick of my usual wrap/sandwhich that i take into uni. It's a bit hard though, because i don't have access to a microwave/oven/fridge during the day, so i'm feeling really limited and bored with my options :( I'm not much of a salad person either, but i'm sure there are some more options out there, just need to do a bit of research.
    Hope everyones been keeping at it, weigh in in 2 days!? wow (well over here in oz at least)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hows everyone been going so far on the FINAL week? I just got back from spinning, and it is an exercise that i love. The feeling after is amazing, and i measured my thighs yesterday to find out that i've finally begun losing some inches there :)
    I've been looking to up my protein too so those suggestions are great. I'm getting a bit sick of my usual wrap/sandwhich that i take into uni. It's a bit hard though, because i don't have access to a microwave/oven/fridge during the day, so i'm feeling really limited and bored with my options :( I'm not much of a salad person either, but i'm sure there are some more options out there, just need to do a bit of research.
    Hope everyones been keeping at it, weigh in in 2 days!? wow (well over here in oz at least)

This week started out BAD but I am back on track and hoping to finish strong. I don't know how much damage I did over the weekend and Monday so I am hoping to at least maintain (if not lose). I just don't want to finish the challenge on a gain.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have been doing fairly well with exercise but not so hot with the food! I think i went overboard with "carbing up" for the run on Sunday and I didn't work out because everyone told me to rest up before the run. So Fri and Sat I ate BAD stuff but lots of carbs and same on race day, afterwards (and still) I am craving carbs like no one's business! I hope the scale is kind to me. My intentions were good :smooched:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Kerri- Even if the scale isn't kind you have had an amazing accomplishment this week. You ran a half marathon! That is a gigantic victory in itself. Not only did you complete it, you had a great time! In my opinion, that accomplishment is worth a less than great week on the scale.
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    BE PROUD Kerri! Carb's cannot take away the success you've already had this week! xx

And while Im here.....Mini Challenge results:

1) Burned 110 cals (2043/3000 cals Mon-Fri)....kind of a rest day today methinks...
    2) Drank 102oz/100oz water!!! YAY! :)
    3) 81g protein :)
    4) Under 1900mg Sodium by 222mg :)

so pretty happy with today. I will say I got 4/4 because Im not too worried about my low burn since I'll be making up for it tomorrow and friday in the gym :)

So great day today. Im soooo looking forward to weigh in on friday! I think it might just be a good one!!!! :noway:
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My mini challenge for the week (per a person challenge from Diana):

1) 100 oz of water
    2) Burn 1300 calories by Friday morning
    3) Log EVERYTHING
    4) Under 1300 calories NET

Yesterday was great, I hit all 4 and burned 415 calories doing C25k and circuit training. Today not so much. Only go 56 oz of water, no calories because I crashed when I got home from work, I did log everything and was under 1300 calories though. I just want to get under 163 on the last weigh-in.

Side note: Why is it when you go through a break up, EVERYONE around you decides to get MARRIED!!! UGH!!!!! (ok I feel better now, thanks :wink: )
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Week 1 (1/7) - 181
    Week 2 (1/14) - 179.4
    Week 3 (1/21) - 178.8
    Week 4 (1/28) - 178.0
    Week 5 (2/4) - 177.0
    Week 6 (2/11) - 176.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 175.6
    Week 8 (2/25) - 174.6
    Week 9 (3/4) - 173.4
    Week 10 (3/11 )- 172.4
    Week 11 (3/18) - 171
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) 173

Weighing in a day early since I have to travel tomorrow and I am not sure I will have access to a computer. I am not suprised but I am dissappointed to end the challenge on a gained. I didn't have the best week with exercise or food. I thought yesterday was going to be a good day but my friend that cooked dinner forgot to mention that he also cooked garlic bread and baked cookies. I think a lot of the gain is water weight since I was 1500 mg OVER on sodium yesterday and I am still really sore from class on Tuesday.

No big deal, I always expect to have gains and losses on this journey and thisis the first gain I have had since the holidays so I really can't complain. I hope I can not gain more over the weekend while I am visiting my friend. I know I won't be eating great but I expect that I will be doing a lot of walking and moving and my friend is 24 weeks pregnant so I probably won't be drinking much unless I drink with her hubby. I think the hardest part of this upcoming weekend is going to be the 2 days in the airport. Not going to be easy to find healthy choices :-/

Bring on the next challenge!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody! We're so close to the end of our first challenge...and...welcome TOM! SERIOUSLY!!! Oh well...life goes on!

On another note...I know i'm not "friends" with everybody in our challenge so if you're seeing this for a second time I apologize but I wanted to share with everybody:

I recently signed up to be a distributor for It Works products. If you've never heard of the products check out my website at www.aschneider.itworks.net The products are ones that will make you look good and feel great. There are body slimming products, skin care products, and supplements.

If you have any questions about anything please let me know...I just don't want to bore those who aren't interested with a ton of information they don't want to hear about :)

Have a great day everybody :))
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    My Mini-Challenge this week:
    1. Burn 350 calories daily
    2. Minimum Fat Burn of 20 min daily (zone measured on HRM)
    3. Minimum Fitness of 20 min daily (also from HRM)
    4. Always make good chioces, and listen to my body when I've had the 'magic bite'

Mini Challenge Results:
    1. Burned 481 Calories
    2. FB: 12 min
    3. Fitness: 41 min
    4. Great Choices today!

3 for 4 today... :bigsmile:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I hear ya Andrea! TOM came for me too =( I only get them a few times a year so I have never actually had a MFP weigh-in while TOM is here so we will see how tomorow goes! I am going to check out your site in a bit, sounds fun! =)

We are at 34 women for the next challenge! I have one more slot open on the spreadsheet for one more member if anyone knows anyone! I am so ready to get this going!!!!!! I am bummed though because I tried to send myself a video last night via email that I wanted to pass along as one of our challlenges but it wouldn't attach =( I'll have to try another way I guess.

For tonight's last chance workout I am going to do spinning and the elliptical at the gym then sit in the hot sauna for a while =)

Have a great day everyone!
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Oh Kerri...the mention of the Last Chance Workout...EEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!! I can't believe it's our VERY LAST one! (well...until we start up our next challenge ;))

I've been doing JM's RIpped in 30 this week and I'm only burning just under 400 calories a workout which is not good considering I was burning 600-700 calories a workout with Insanity! SOOOO...tonight...as a larger challenge I"m going to do JM's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism...I haven't done that workout in a while and I like to see how difficult/easy it is for me to do now that I'm in better shape than when I did it before! I also might add Jackie Warner's Extreme Abs (standing abs) at the end of the workout for a little more burn and toning. And...end the night with a tummy or leg wrap ;)

"See" you all tomorrow at our weigh-in :)

Have a great Thursday everybody!!!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Oh my God all this talk of 'last chance workout' is scaring me!!! eeek! Although I am really excited about my weigh in tomorrow morning. Ive had a great week so I hope it shows on the scale :)
    Im off out for my run and the gym in half an hour and I'll try my best to get a good sweat going! Hope I can say goodbye to the 160's tomorrow!! Ive known you for wayyyyyy too long!!!

Have a great Thursday everyone. WORK IT!!!!:smokin:
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    My mini challenge for this week ......

1) Burn 3000 cals Mon-Fri
    2) Drink 100oz water Mon-Fri
    3) Increase my protein intake
    4) Stay under 1900mg sodium daily

Ok its me again!

Mini challenge results today...

1) Burned 964cals (3007/3000cals Mon-Fri) :)
    2) Drank 102oz/100oz water :)
    3) 71g protein (could have done better) :(
    4) Under 1900mg sodium by 212mg :)

So Im gonna say 3/4 today because I could have done better with my protein intake. But Im happy with everything else :)

WEIGH IN TOMORROW! Hope everyone's ready! :glasses:

Best of luck! x
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weighing in this final week, and reporting no loss. I'm okay with that though, because it is that totm for me, and i just started the birth control pill. So i have a feeling, nxt week will be a good one!
    Off to zumba, i'm a zumba virgin so i'm a bit nervous!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Wow ... how's this going to work now? I don't want to get on the scale until May? I guess you should mark me the same then? I won't participate in the next challenge ... but I'll be keeping an I on you. Good luck all.
  • DreeDub
    Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! What a crappy way to end the challenge! Had a low of 127.4 a few weeks ago and I'm ending the challenge with yet another small increase this week.

Final weight for this challenge: 129.4 which is +.6 from last week :((( (TOM wasn't invited to this party...but it showed up anyway...nice timing TOM!)

I guess I can be satisified with the fact that I'm still out of the 130s!!! Time to work HARD to get down to 125 by the end of the next challenge. I see this being a HUGE challenge for me since 125 hasn't existed in my life since my first year of college...11 years ago!!! EEEEKKKKKKKKKKK...I'm old!

Here's to proving I CAN DO IT!!!!

So now what? We start our next challenge next Friday...so we just weigh in and do our measurements, body fat % that day and RUN WITH IT?! Can't wait :))

It's been a great challenge everybody...if you're not continuing on with the next challenge...good luck to you :) if you'll be joining us in the next challenge...I'll see YOU next Friday :)
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well I lost 0.2 lbs, not very impressive. I definitely missed my first goal of 155 and even my second goal of 160. I cannot get below 163! :grumble: But I have lost 13 lbs since the week I signed up for the challenge so that's a positive. I'll just have to keep at it and hope I do better next challenge. I've enjoyed this challenge so much and am inspired by the motivation of all the ladies here, I hope to see all of you at the new challenge next Friday! :flowerforyou:

Three Month goal: 160 lbs
    Week 1 (1/07) - 170.8
    Week 2 (1/14) - 169.2
    Week 3 (1/21) - 171.0
    Week 4 (1/28) - 169.4
    Week 5 (2/04) - 168.2
    Week 6 (2/11) - 165.0
    Week 7 (2/18) - 165.4
    Week 8 (2/25) - 164.8
    Week 9 (3/04) - 163.6
    Week 10 (3/11 )- 163.0
    Week 11 (3/18) - 163.6
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) - 163.4

SW: 176.5
    CW: 163.6
    GW: 160
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Sooooo ... last weekend was full of birthday celebrations for my honey. He was happy and apparently I was a bit too happy because I gained exactly 2 lbs by the time I weighed in on Monday. Also, I felt bloated and uncomfortable for a couple of days. It wasn't fun. I dedicated myself to working out a bit harder than my norm and watching my intake. Well, the good news is that I lost what I gained over the weekend and that I am feeling FANTABULOUS.
    Note to self though ... why do I keep on sabotaging myself on the weekends? I cannot keep spending my week losing my weekend gains. It's ridiculous.
    With that said, the weekend is soon upon us and I am about to face my biggest challenge. Not to lose my mind with food this weekend. I could've lost so much more had it not been for this yo yoing taking place. I have, however, gained your support which continues to carry me through each difficult moment and for that I thank you. You guys are FANTABULOUS! I am so looking forward to the next challenge :)
    So I end the challenge with a 'maintenance' ... I believe I was at 180.2 last week and what do you know, that's where I am today. I am impressed that I was able to lose 2 lbs while overcoming a foot injury. Must repeat the same effort next week. :0)