30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels Challenge

Options
Hey there,
I have been wanting to do the 30 Day Shred for a while now and everytime I pop it in I always seem to be doing at half my level. So I thought to myself...What can I do for myself that will make me do this video at full strength and do the whole thing? My answer was this: CHALLENGE PEOPLE TO DO IT WITH ME!!!! so here is what I purpose:

30 Day Shred Challenge:
Everyone starts today (3/24/11) and we do it for a consecutive 30 days (so the challenge would end on 4/24/11)
We take down our inital measurments (Calves, Thighs, Arms, Waist, and Hips- I would also advise to keep it somewhere else other than MFP just to see the number change easier but that is up to you)
We all start at Level 1
For 10 Days we do Level 1 and after the 10 days we take our measurments again.
Then for the next 10 days we will all do Level 2
Take our measurments after those days
Then the final 10 days we all do Level 3
After our final measurments we can celebrate how much better we all look :):)
Now, we would have to check in with each other each week. Apart from friending each other (so we can all stay updated) I will also post a thread here in the fitness and exercise topics to check in with measurments (at the end of the 10 days of course).

I also think we should get to know each other a bit: so here is my introduction.
My name is Ashley :) HI! I am finishing up my last month or so of my senior year in high school. I want to get healthy because I have had enough. University is on its way and its approach won't slow down. Also I am going to England and Scotland for a graduation trip and since I have been blessed with this chance I don't want to look back and regret I didn't do something because I was embarrassed by my weight.
So anyone up for a challenge?

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I will do this! Hopefully joining the challenge will keep me accountable and have me doing it every day! I've been wanting to start but maybe this will be the push I need to get me going tonight.

I might have a few days I can't get to it, but will try to fit it in everyday. I know I'll be out of town for a wedding on the 9th of April but other than that I think I'll be around to be able to do it everyday - hopefully.

I'll take measurements before I get to the workout tonight.

Thanks for starting this!!
  • pooksMS
    pooksMS Posts: 25
    Options
    I am definitely in for this but am waiting for my dvd's to arrive in the mail. When they get here, it should be any day now, I'm in.
    Sounds like her dvd's are challenging, I can't wait.
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    Doing it at half your level is still better then not doing it at all. I use the beginners moves on each of the levels and still see results.
  • vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail yesterday and did the level one workout. I will start it with you!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea!! I just ordered my DVD yesterday so I won’t be able to start it until Saturday when I get it…but I am definitely on board with you!

My name is Christina. Going to college really did it for me….I went from dancing 5-6 days a week and never gaining a pound to sitting in my dorm, still eating the way I used to, and doing no exercise whatsoever lol. That helped my put on 60+ pounds. I’m ready for this! I'm ready to be healthy and back to my old self :)

I can still take measurements tonight and continue with my other workouts until I get my DVD Saturday. Good luck!
  • admiremybeauty
    Options
    Im in! I have been hoping to find a group to do this with, and I never find one in time! Lol. Sooo, tonight, ITS ON! Im so excited.
    My name is Christina. Im 24. Mother of two of the coolest girls in the world. I decided that I wanted to get in shape for me. I did great for a few months. AND THENNNN, I got married. Lol. Fell off the wagon, and im looking forward to hoping on full force.
  • ttjamaican
    Options
    Will order my dvd today...will attempt the challenge...my measurements are already up from when I started using the tool...sounds like a great idea.
  • HeyBulldog2011
    HeyBulldog2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow! I am so happy there are so many people on board :):)
    There should be friend requests in your box now :)
    Here are my beginning Measurements all in inches:
    Waist: 38.5
    Hips:48
    Thighs: 28
    Arms: 14.5
    Calves: 18.0
  • cmg4721
    Options
    Whoo hoo!! My DVD came in today so I am able to start right on time with you :) Here are my measurements (in inches):

Waist: 38.5
    Hips: 47.5
    Thighs: 29.5
    Arms: 13.5
    Calves: 18.5
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm in. I started a few weeks ago and stopped so I'm starting on a clean slate.

My name is Tara I'm a housewife with a one and a half year old.

I will take measurements when I get home
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I did level 1, day 1 last night. I took measurements beforehand and here they are:

R bicept: 12"
    L bicept: 11 5/8"
    chest: 38 1/4"
    waist: 35"
    hips: 39 3/4"
    thighs: 23"

My weigh in for this week was 144.8 lbs. It was the same on Wednesday so I'll go with that as a starting weight.

Let's do this!!
  • vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    measurements are as follows (measured yesterday): day one level one!

Calves: 16.5
    thighs: 24
    arms" 13
    waist 39.9
    hips 45.5
    neck 13.9
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Phew, just finished level 1, day 3. It was awesome!! I was very tired but made myself and am glad I did. Now to shower and relax for bed.

Oh, and I walked a 5K this morning - that was great as well.
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    I did level 2 yesterday and I'm sore! I actually woke up wanting to do the workout
  • yazminetw
    yazminetw Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 4 at Level 1 with 5lb weights for me. I think I will up to Level 2 by Wednesday. I will post measurement at my 10-day interval.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I did do level 1, day 4 yesterday but forgot to post it here. Day 5 will be tonight.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Did Day 5 of level 1 last night. I will do 10 days of the level but I'm ready to be done with this level. I am going to try normal push ups tonight though...I've been doing girlie ones. I am trying to make sure to get through all the moves for the whole time. I've been getting better and am almost there. The arms are just hard to do.
  • yazminetw
    yazminetw Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did Day 5 of level 1 last night. I will do 10 days of the level but I'm ready to be done with this level. I am going to try normal push ups tonight though...I've been doing girlie ones. I am trying to make sure to get through all the moves for the whole time. I've been getting better and am almost there. The arms are just hard to do.

Today is Day 5 at Level 1. I have been doing the girlie push-ups too and I think I am going to try the regular ones. My shoulders and arms really burn doing the bicep curls and arms raises (with side planks). However, my left knee has been bothering me. I think I am going to modify the lunges with chair steps (put a chair in front of me and step up and down as opposed to doing a lunge). I read online that it still targets the quad muscle so I should still get a good burn from it.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    My left knee always bothers me with the lunges. I recently had an MRI that showed nothing wrong, so I figure if I can deal with the pain I am ok. I don't usually go too far into the lunges - probably follow Anita. I just do what I can. I hadn't heard about the chair thing. Sounds like a good alternative.
  • cmg4721
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 6 this morning before work….the push-ups are still the toughest for me. Hopefully by day 10 I can do both sets fully. Keep up the great job girls!!!