How much did you lose before you lost a size?

Options

Replies

• cath1503
    cath1503 Posts: 5
    Options
    I've lost 11 lbs and have gone from being very snug in size 12 (probably should of been wearing 14) to most of my clothes being too big on me. I was able to buy a size 10 dress last week but a lot of that was to do with the shape and style of it (i.e very floaty). I reckon I'm going to have to lose another 6 lbs before I can go out and but a size 10 pair of jeans and have them fit comfortably although maybe more as my thighs tend to be a problem area.

I think a lot depends on your bodyshape and the style,shape of clothes you are buying, obviously something loose fitting/floaty is going to be easier to fit into than something tight like skinny jeans
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I started wearing 24W, and I have lost 44.8 lbs as of today. I am still in my 24's, however they are SUPER baggy, and most of my pants I can take on and off without unbuttoning. I am trying to wait until a friend gives me some 18/20s to go down. A friend of mine (on here) posted a blog on how to take in your pants so that you can effectively wear the same ones (COST SAVINGS!), and I am going to work on that.
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    when i lost 20 pounds i went from a 18 to 16. but i was just walking, i wasn't toning. now i am in a 16 working towards a 14. I can't quite fit into large tops yet but working on getting there
    btw the way you look great. love the hair
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    I agree with what a lot of the others have said, it depends on where you lose first and the most. I tend to lose it in my face, boobs, waist first so I may fit into smaller tops but I can't drop a pants size until my thighs and butt catch up! It also depends on where you're shopping and what style of pants you're looking for. Some brands have more stretch to them or roomier fit and you may be able to fit into a smaller size. Keep up the great work though, eventually you'll need a new wardrobe!
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    20 lbs and I really need new pants. Probably lost 1-2 sizes. Dress sizes vary so much for me because I have a very small upper body and huge hips, so I don't think its a good indication.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 and I'm still the same size. :(
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on if you are losing fat and gaining muscle, just losing water weight etc.... I've only lost 11lbs but I've dropped 4 inches in my waist and 3.5 inches in my hips so I am deffinately down a size already although I am NOT buying anything new for quite some time!

Added: Alright this post made me want to try on some pants I bought but didn't fit. It also depends on the cut... I was wearing a size 24 with lane bryant my shape jeans and just put on a juniors size 20 from kohls... and they fit.
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can put my jeans in the dryer now, does that count :)

THIS :) I've lost about 40 altogether and I would say my clothes are looser on me than before...but I haven't had to buy new clothes (yet):tongue:
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    24 pounds and I had to retire some of my 14's, but it depends on the pants.... I mostly wear 12's now... My problem is my hips and thighs... and todays styles....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I suppose it mostly depends on where you lose from. But I'd say about 30 pounds between sizes. It was 30 pounds for me until I dropped my first size. I'm guessing it'll be another 25 - 30 pounds until I go down again. I also think the smaller you are, the less you need to lose between sizes.

This!

My first size drop was almost 25 lbs in, but then the next size was about 15 lbs later, and now I'm going through sizes faster, every 5-8 lbs.
    I started at a tight size 22, and now I'm a 12, soon to try on 10's. But the progression through the sizes was like this: 22........................20...................18............16.....14...12
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 20 and can fit better into the jeans that were "technically" my size. Now I can breathe though.
    5'8" and 4 kids.... does make a difference.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    im 22lbs down and im wearing the same stuff but fits better, my jeans didnt require a belt then about 10lbs they did and now im down 3 more notchs lol
  • boricuaprincesa1
    boricuaprincesa1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 lbs and am still wearing the SAME size. I think looking back I probably should have been wearing a larger size so now it's fitting me the way it should have been. Although the size I'm wearing is pretty loose, hoping to buy a different size soon!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'5 and I have a baby, I was 179 at the end of October and I am now 157 and I am still wearing the same size!! I just dont get it!!! I feel like no matter what I do I am always gonna be the same size!! Its annoying!!
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did however try a large tshirt which I hadnt worn in a good 4years and it fitted pretty good, wouldnt get it on before! lol
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs and I'm still in a size 12. My shirts are all much more baggy, and my bra went from 38 to 36.

Thanks for starting this post, btw. I love how I feel in my clothes now but I'm discouraged that my 12s aren't hanging off of me!! This thread is a much needed reality check :love:
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Before I started dieting, I had gained like 20 + lbs. I could still wear my size 11 in Juniors pants but they were etremely tight on me. I also wore sizes 8 & 10 in Misses/Women, but again, they were very tight fitting.

I refused to buy bigger pants & that's when I started my diet. Now, 21 pounds lighter, I can still wear my 11's but they are falling off of me, even with a belt. I've not yet bought any new clothes but I have tried on a few pairs of pants. And as of now, I can wear a size 9 in Juniors & in Misses/Women I can wear between a 6 and 8.

GOOD LUCK & happy eating! :)
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I have lost 12 lbs and still wear the same size. I have noticed though that my muffin top in my size 12 (old navy sweetheart jeans) is completely gone in front and just a little left on my sides..
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have lost 43 pounds..and have gone from a 16/18 to 10/12....I don't know when the sizes dropped along the way though.
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 18 pounds and I'm still in the same size. :grumble: I am finally down a belt loop, though. :smile: Don't get discouraged!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!