How much did you lose before you lost a size?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 70 pounds and have gone from a 24W to a regular (not women's/plus sized) 16 pants.
    I've gone from a XXL to between a Medium and Large on top.
    Dress size is now between a 12-14, down from 18-20.
  • Poy_Ella
    Poy_Ella Posts: 23
    Options
    Approx 7lbs, dropped from a 12 to a 10.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Last year, it took 30lbs to go from a 16 to a 12. I stopped losing pounds, but kept losing inches. Over the past year, I've lost 6lbs and have gone from a 12 to an 8. Don't give up, keep truckin and you will see those pants get looser!

BTW, if you don't already, add strength training to your workout routine, it will help burn away that fat!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I am down 55 pounds..and went from a very snug size 18 to a 14. :happy:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I've dropped a size by losing 4lbs. I have lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist and 2 from my hips which I guess is a clothes size. I don't see myself dropping another size, though, no matter how much more I lose. Basic skeletal shape comes into play at some point, and I am not built to be a size 8 (UK - size 2 US) without being anorexic.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Lost 35 and went from 12 to 6
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    30 lbs. Size 14 to a 10 and sometimes an 8 depending on brand. And all my workout bottoms are size small but my tops are still XL and sometimes L and rarely M. I think a lot of it has to do with hip bone size when it comes to jeans. I know someone who is 140 wearing a size 12 jeans and I'm 170 wearing a size 10. I think as women we dwell on the size we wear and I think we should start focusing on just being fit and healthy!!! You can't shrink bone structure! and you can't take back mommyhood!
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I first started I could just barely fit into size 14's. At 11 lbs lost, I could just fit into size 12's.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I think it depends how big you are. I had to loose about 35 before I went down in size. But now I have lost 70 and I have gone from a 24 almost 26 to a 18 almost 16 so, it really makes no sense...Also I have the mama's midsection...If my kids weren't amazing, cute and so worth it, I would be upset about it.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've found the responses to this tread really interesting. I can only think that at my heaviest, my pants must have been very tight, because although I've lost over 60 lbs, I'm officially down 2 full sizes.. The three pants that I have left that actually fit without falling off are getting more loose each week; but I'm not going to buy any new clothes until I hit 100 lbs down - so I'll be hanging on to the waistband for a while.
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    I carry all my weight in my hips, butt and legs, so pants size was a big indicator for me! I'm a little girl, 5'3" - started losing weight a year and a half ago I was 137lbs, a size 5, got down to about 123, a size 3, and eventually lost down to 113 - a size one. I've gained since then, but as a general rule it took me 10-15 pounds to lose a size. Probably because all the sizes are really similar on the low end of the scale (which I guess is nice since it becomes harder to lose weight?)

Don't get discouraged! I bet you look even better in the size you're wearing already :)
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can put my jeans in the dryer now, does that count :)

this is saying soooooooo much!!! LOL
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I was a size 18 when I started (and a snugger 18) and for the first time today I tried on a pair of pants my mom bought me a long time ago. They are a size 14...and they fit. WAHOOO!!! I have lost 30 pounds exactly. I am a mommy of three boys and just shy of 6 feet. I have lost 2.5 inches off my hips and 4 inches of my waist. I think it is different for everybody. Keep on going!! Nothing like putting on a pair of pants a size (or two) smaller. It has been an amazing day!!! :bigsmile:
  • Nykki71
    Nykki71 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    what a great post...Glad to see I am not in the only boat
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have had 3 kids. I dropped a pants size after the first 10 lbs. I think everyone is just different, ya know.
  • bumcheeks
    Options
    i was a size 26 jeans a while back, last year, i lost over 50 pounds n just hit a 18 jeans (bit snug) ...... seems like forever dropped sizes... guess it depends on where you lose it at ...i have gone down several bra sizes, seem to be loosing it there first, need to loose more tummy !!

Congrats!
  • luckiarmywife
    Options
    Every body is different! WE all lose differently. I can lose 20 lbs and be lucky if I go down a size....It just depends on where I lose it....which I usually lose from my feet upwards....so my legs get skinny....lol Then I look like a penguin for a while....then my face gets skinny....then my stomach is always the last to go....boooo! lol
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    approx every 10 lbs I lose a size
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am down 22 lbs and down at least one dress size. I think exercise has a lot to do with it. I know a couple of women who didn't lose alot of weight, but lost tons of inches and were down many sizes just from the inches....
  • krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Umm I really believe that in order to drop sizes you have to do weight training because that changes your body. I've lost 12 pounds so far but I'm down close to 2 pant sizes. I say close because im like almooosssst fitting into another size lol But the weight training decreases body fat which is actually the main goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!