6-week challenge: Spring into Fitness

Options

Replies

• oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I keep touching my abs and can't believe how flat and toned they are becoming. I could totally see a six pack in my future if I keep it up...

Me too, but I'm carrying a bit more belly fat than you are. Special challenge for Jessica: let's race to 6-pack abs. Photos will prove winner :happy:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Olivia, I don't know about getting a 6 pack but turning this flab to fab would be a great challenge for maybe our next challenge:) I know I'm older than you and Jess but I know I can do it!:) I wish I'd gotten before pics of my stomach area. I have lost a lot in my waist, hips and abdomen area. Getting there slowly but surely:)
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Olivia, I don't know about getting a 6 pack but turning this flab to fab would be a great challenge for maybe our next challenge:) I know I'm older than you and Jess but I know I can do it!:) I wish I'd gotten before pics of my stomach area. I have lost a lot in my waist, hips and abdomen area. Getting there slowly but surely:)
    Alright, Angela, let's do this. Racing from "flab to fab" - let's see who can get flat tummy/6-pack abs first. Jess, you in? Anyone else stepping up? (this is great motivation to get back into bikini for july trip back home)
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Sounds great Olivia!! I really would love to get into a bikini this summer instead of a one piece. That would be soooo awesome:) Who doesn't want a rockin body by summer? That is my goal before my birthday which is June 17th but I do believe I can do this before then. Who else wants to do this??
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I keep touching my abs and can't believe how flat and toned they are becoming. I could totally see a six pack in my future if I keep it up...

Me too, but I'm carrying a bit more belly fat than you are. Special challenge for Jessica: let's race to 6-pack abs. Photos will prove winner :happy:

I don't know Olivia, I've got quite a bit of belly fat down below, that is my major problem area! That and my inner thighs, ugh!! I should take photos, I should have when I started MFP...but I didn't wanna see all that, lol.
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Ok, I'm in but geez I don't know if I was serious about 6 pack, lol. I feel the first top two parts of the six pack poking through a little, the other 4 are still in hiding! And bikini? I've never worn a bikini!! To think of that would be amazing. If I get under 160 I'll be the lowest I've ever been in my adult life.
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Woohoo you CAN do this Jessica;) Sounds like this challenge just might be what we need to get this done!
  • TotallyTrish
    Options
    :happy: feeling good aboutmyself today, been slow starting but I feel the fever now...
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    im in guys, if thats ok, ive had a real bad day today cals 2004 DOH! and this is just what i need to help me step it up again tomorrow. i also have alot of belly fat but was noticing the differance the other night and even said to my other half ill have abs before him lol. i took my belly measurements for the 1st time on the 14 feb and today my lower belly had lost a total of 9cm.
  • oliviawink
    Options
    bring it gals! In case you haven't noticed (but I'm sure you have), I'm pretty competitive - you ain't beatin' me! Bring on the ab challenge! This will keep me striving for 3500 cals/week for a while
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    I also am very competitive as you can see since I overdid it this week and could barely move for 2 days. I'm feeling more like myself now and been dancing up a storm at work. I say bring it on!! Challenges keep me motivated and love to have a goal so I know where I'm headed. This is going to be fun girls:)
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    I can be competitive too so let's bring it! I haven't owned a bikini since I was a little kid!
    I wanna be a fly on the wall when you're dancing at work Angela, LOL! Fun way to burn cals!
    I did 6 miles today with Leslie...longest walk to date for me! Wow, I'm so motivated now...I couldn't even imagine that back in January when I was starting out.
    Thank you for the friend request Trish! :flowerforyou:
    Great color variety in my salad today: green lettuce, orange carrots, purple lettuce, yellow cheddar, white chicken breast, green olives, and green grapes afterwards!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Ha ha well didn't say I was the best dancer but I dance my butt off when I get the chance. I've already come a long way in the short 41 days I've been on mfp. I've gone from doing nothing but housework to working my butt off and I'm going to continue to push myself. It feels great!
    So far I've done ok with my colors.
    For breakfast - fage yogurt with strawberries Red and white
    For lunch-turkey on wheat thin wheat bun, grapes, spinach, and carrots White, brown, purple, green and orange
    Not sure yet what I'm having for dinner.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Alright, Angela, let's do this. Racing from "flab to fab" - let's see who can get flat tummy/6-pack abs first. Jess, you in? Anyone else stepping up? (this is great motivation to get back into bikini for july trip back home)

I am in!!! I am in!!!

That sounds wonderful! i am going to Spain in August, and i would love nothing more than to wear a bikini on the beach and marry a beautiful, independently wealthy Spanish man!!!

haha!!

Sorry i haven't been around a lot this week, work has been super busy! I am keeping up eith everyone though! I am doing well on the challenges also - food and exercise! I am very proud of myself!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, talk soon!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all on losing the belly, but I don't care about bikinis--I want to look good in my form-fitting riding pants someday soon!

The weatherman has predicted rain nearly every day this week, but today is another good one--sunny, but cool enough to make outdoor exercise very pleasant. I did my walk today in 43.5 minutes at 4.0 mph by incorporating 6 jog sprints. I haven't been able to jog more than a couple of steps in over two years due to my knees and excess weight, so this is a major boost to my motivation!

I'm at 3137 calories burned for 6 days.

Continuing with the colors in my food.
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Go for those abs! I'll being cheering you on. I've still got a bit to go before I'm there but I've started noticing muscles in my arms again. When I took a kickboxing class for a semester my arms looked fantastic. I'm trying to get back to that.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends!
    Just wanted to pop in and say "Way to Go" to everyone!!! My work week is finally over (thank God!) and I'm looking forward to two days of feeling 'normal'...which means working my butt off for the next two days! But that's GOOD work! Thanks Olivia for the words of encouragement...it helped me stay on track :flowerforyou:
    I've been doing pretty well with colors, especially at dinner time...will be much better now that I'm home more, and in control of my time!!
    BONUS ALERT: I didn't let the stress get to me, didn't eat badly and tried to fit some exercise in...and tonight, I'm down 2 lbs since weigh in!! Wooo Hooo!!!

Happy Weekend, Everyone!!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee2010 checking in for today
    1. Accumulate 500-ish calories burned daily 2/7
    2. Food colors 0/7

Calorie burned total: 1389/3500
    14 calories today. I have a toothache and I am really hoping it's nothing to worry about. Go away toothache, please!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I weighed in a day early and have lost 1lb :)

Not quite reaching the 500calories burned per day and I am trying to get in as many colours throughout my meals as possible - fun too as my son likes seeing all the colours on his plate :)

Hope you are all doing well with the challenges and feeling good :)
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    oh this is going to be fun i am also far to competive, that why i worked my butt of to smash the 3500 in 4 days (wanted to be the first to reach it, but dont think i was) i still have lots of flab mainly on my lower tummy so im going to have to really push if im to stand a chance.