6-week challenge: Spring into Fitness

Options

Replies

• LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nikki, great job on controlling your situation!! That's what it's all about...I mean, life is going to throw us curve balls, and how we adjust to hit that curve ball out of the park will prove us to be WINNERS!!

I like the *flowery and upbeat* attitude...keep those endorphins pumping!! lol
    :flowerforyou:
    Leslie
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nikki- I love your positivity! You've come such a long way in your mental journey in the last month. That's going to serve you well and fuel your weightloss long-term. Its all about seeing how our small choices make big changes and you're really getting that!

My hubby's hogging the computer, so I haven't yet posted the challange (don't want to do it on my phone, too annoying). Will be posting soon. Happy last day of 1st week of 6-week challenge!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    WEEK 2 CHALLENGE

Fitness Challenge:
    Accumulate 3500 total calories burned this week; which, we all know, equals 1 lb. I don't expect you to save those and not eat them, but let's all step it up and shoot for the moon in our exercise. If you're looking to burn the 3500 cals over 7 days (Monday through Sunday; this is what I'm pushing for), you'll need to burn 500 calories each day. If you are going for 8 days (Sunday through Sunday) 437.5 calories/day. If you're going for 9 days (Sunday through Monday) 389 calories/day. Big goals, but I know we can do it!

Food challenge:
    Try to incorporate items of at least 5 different colors in each of your meals. Fruits and vegetables of different colors provide different kinds of nutrients, all of which are vital for weightloss and health. My friend Roberto, does this with his kids at dinner every night and I think it's brilliant. It's fun to challenge yourself to get all the colors in. For example, for dinner tomorrow I'm having steamed red chard (green leaves with red stocks), teriyaki chicken tenders, side salad with carrots, walnuts, feta, and orange peppers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Good luck everyone and I can't wait to see all of your numbers tomorrow!
  • stefv86
    stefv86 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hellloo.
    Haven't weighed myself all week. I'm a little bit afraid. It was that time... and I had cheesecake yesterday....
    Oh well.
    So the week went as follows
    No eating out: 5/7
    Walking extra 15 mins: 7/7

I like the exercise challenge for next week!!! I've found this really awesome route near my house that is about 3 miles, and I burn 300 cals walking it. As soon as my husband kicks the cold he has, I'm going to have him go walking with me! :-D

The food challenge is going to be a little difficult for me, especially if we're talking every meal.... but I'm going to give it a shot!

Also, I have a personal challenge this week. My momma gave up bread and potatoes (and other sweets) for lent, and has already lost 10 pounds!!! She challenged me to try it out, so I'm going to. It's going to be difficult though... I love bread.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Olivia, I've been doing the colors thing for my dinner ever since I got on the whole foods kick. I try to get at least 5, and usually 8 different vegetables in my dinner salad or raw veggie container, plus a couple of colorful fruits during the day. In addition to knowing there are good vitamins in them, it just makes me happy to see all the pretty colors on my plate.

Stefv, you will be pleased with the results if you can avoid the potatoes and bread. Go for the bright colored veggies and fruits instead.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge Olivia!! Love it! It will be a struggle on some days to burn 500 calories everyday but we can all do it. Just a little bit more of doing something.The food challenge is great too. I almost used that on our last challenge. We should all be eating colors like the rainbow on our plates. I love to see the color variations and love vegetables so going to enjoy this one. If we can all burn 500 calories a day , we are guaranteed to lose at least one pound; not counting the dieting too. Let's step things up a notch and do this:) Good luck to everyone on weigh in tomorrow. This is exciting!:)))
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Week 1 final check in -
    Exercise - walked an extra 15 minutes at the mall
    Eating out - no eating out for an entire week - it feels awesome!!!

Great challenges for Week 2 Olivia! The 5 colors/meal will be quite a challenge - I'm looking forward to it

I'm excited for tomorrow's weigh in postings. Good luck, everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    WOW Olivia...way to make us work for it this week!!! LOL
    Ohhh....this is going to be a real challenge for me. My exercise tends to be more intense on the weekend, because that's when I have more time (like most everyone else, I'm sure) So this is going to force me to really step up my game, and make exercise a priority, and not just a 'try to fit it in'!!

I shall do my best with the colors...I'm having a little doubts as to if I can do it for EVERY meal, but I shall do my best!!

Stef, I think I'll join you with the bread and potatoes this week :happy:

Good luck tomorrow at weigh in, everyone!!

Leslie
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love the challenges this week! They'll really force me to step up my game :).

As for tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. This week was very weird, and I had WAY too much sodium today. I hope the scale is still nice to me, though...
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee2010 checking in for today
    1. Don't eat out/grab a meal on the go - prepare all your meals at home this week. 6/7
    2. Walk an extra 15 minutes each day on top of your regular exercise. 2/7

I only ate out once this week, and I was trying to rest my right foot this week, so I defiantely didn't walk much. But I did get two days in. Hoping I can get more done this week, though.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    This week's challenge sounds awesome! I've had no time today to look things over with all my challenges I'm doing, so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with everything. One of my other challenges is "only look at the scale twice this week" and I still haven't gotten down what all days I have to weigh-in for my four challenges. It's going to take some time to get used to, hopefully just a week, and then I'll have everything equally sorted and can work on each and every challenge I have. Please, bear with me. I'm a little frazzled right now. :noway:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    fantastic challenges Olivia looking forward to meeting them :)

Just to re-cap I lost nothing this week :( so still 138lbs
    Thanks again for all your hard work keeping us motivated
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    NO nO nO No

i love the the this weeks challenge, however i did set my self the 3500 cals burn in a week 3 weeks ago, i did it but was bloody glad when it was over and told myself not again for a while. on the other hand i did it last week without thinking about it.
    probs because i also added my walking on. when i challenged my self i was only counting workout burn, so really was a hell of a week. i take it this time i can add my walking and other exercise to.

i think im going to have probs with the food one but will do my best great challenges WOOP WOOP WE CAN DO THIS x
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    sw 14/03/11 188.6lb
    cw 21/03/11 186.6lb
    total lost 2lb

tWoop Woop im happy with that
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Weigh in 3/21/11
    192.9. This was not a great week eating wise so I'm glad I lost any! :)

Btw, I do like the challenges.. This is my spring break too so in addition to outlining, I am going to try to get more exercise in and cook dinner more often.. :)

4831886.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.5 pounds this week down to 210!
  • SEStack
    SEStack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...only lost 0.8 pounds this week. I know exactly what to "blame," so that will change this week. But on the upside, at least I lost some! And my body fat % went down. Looking forward to this week's challenge!

CW: 137
    SW: 137.8
  • c100700
    c100700 Posts: 22
    Options
    SW:199.8
    CW:197.0
    Lossof 2.8 lbs :) I'll take it! I worked hard to get back into this , this week and think I did pretty well, without too many bad choices.

That 3500 of exercise will be an interesting challenge! We eat a ton of colored veggies/fruits at meals so I'm looking forward to continuing that.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    6-week challenge:
    3/14 SW: 228
    3/21 CW: 223
    Lost 5lbs

4/25 GW: 216
    SiF Challenge = 12 lbs

I definitely need to go grocery shopping to hit the 5-color food challenge. Breakfast will be the toughest meal to do this; I don't normally eat 5 different things in the morning. I hope everyone will be posting what they ate; I'll be looking for breakfast suggestions!
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    6-week challenge:
    3/14 SW: 259
    3/21 CW: 254
    Lost 5lbs

4/25 GW: 240

Was so happy to see those numbers on the scale!!! Hoping to kick up my exercise this week!!!