Crockpot Pineapple Chicken (80 cal per ck breast)

Options

Replies

• msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This sounds so tasty I want to try this out before the week is out and let everyone know how it taste... It sounds delicious though...

What did everyone have with the chicken... (i.e., salad, brown rice, etc)?

Any ideas?
  • stellagreg
    Options
    bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This sound so Delish! I will totally be making it this week. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    bump
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I had it with rice and a big old salad :wink:
  • sandiheart
    sandiheart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rnjennmcc
    Rnjennmcc Posts: 28
    Options
    Yumm I can't wait to try this one :smile:
  • cabbie461
    cabbie461 Posts: 23
    Options
    The only way I could get near 80 cals per serving was to enter the receipe as serving 8 people. That is half of a half of a breast with a salad or vegetables is excellent. Using unsweetened pineapple and low salt soy would cut the sugar and salt content remarkably. I use a similar recipe using half pineapple and half lemon. freezes well. I am a chilli and garlic freak so that also goes in!!!

The good: This food is low in Saturated Fat. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Selenium, and a very good source of Protein and Niacin.

The bad: This food is very high in Sodium, and a large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/recipe/2040682/2#ixzz1GtPfOJm9
  • cabbie461
    cabbie461 Posts: 23
    Options
    Whopps previous post I sound like a food Nazi!! Sorry. I am far from it. I pigged out last night on chilli garlic onion mashed sweet potato and will pay for it later this morning when i try and complete my walk!!!
  • BCXMC
    BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bumping:smile:
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump !!!!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    yummy bump!!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I do a similar thing. When I see a prepared meal in the market, I write down the main ingredients and/or what I see in the picture on the package, then make the same/similar meal at home. Mine is much healthier and has less fat and sodium, and tastes yummy!!! This is why I now keep a note pad in my purse at all times

brilliant!! ive done this with deli salads but never thought to do it with frozen dinners!
  • AQHAShowgirl
    AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BUMP...Going to try this one soon!!!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Made this last night and it was awesome! I used 2 tsp of of crushed red pepper flakes and it definitely had a little kick to it!

I also used enough chicken to get 6 servings out of it. Added strips of onion and red peppers, some sugar snap peas and some broccoli. I will be making this again for sure! Thanks for the recipe!
  • don013
    don013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Got to try this and it looks easy.
  • denimandroses
    Options
    I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! YUM!
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    bump!! thanks!! :flowerforyou: