Crockpot Pineapple Chicken (80 cal per ck breast)

Options

Replies

• patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Does sound delicious! I'm always looking for chicken recipes...my favorite protein
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm gonna try this!

Thanks
  • jennydehn
    jennydehn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So I tried this with a mango/carribean salsa (from costco) instead of the pineapple since i had it on hand and it was the bomb.com!

:love:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions of what I can substitute the soy sauce with that is low sodium?
  • astepp01
    Options
    Terriyaki is a good substitute!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have made this, is 4 hours on low long enough to cook the chicken? I'm asking because anytime I've made chicken in the crockpot, it's either 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.

I agree with you. Needs to be high for the 3-4 hour directions I think.

Sounds yummy - can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Depends on the size/thickness of the chicken breasts
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • riley711
    Options
    Any suggestions of what I can substitute the soy sauce with that is low sodium?

try teriyaki sauce - I think they make a low sodium variety of this
  • riley711
    Options
    My wife gimped up her back this past weekend so I am the chief cook and bottle washer. I saw this and thought I'd try it. I dumped the soy sauce in the crockpot, added the spices, laid the chicken breasts over them, the covered them with the can of crushed pineapple (after draining it, of course.) A little over two hours later (crockpot on high) I served it with some Rice-a-Roni Rice Pilaf. My wife was impressed and my kid said, "Dad, I didn't know you could cook!"

Great recipe and about as easy as they come! Thanks for sharing!

-Loren

Okay, now I'm really excited to try this. Did you use thawed or frozen chicken breasts, and did you use pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Terriyaki is a good substitute!

Thanks!
  • riley711
    Options
    Going to have to try this one! I am attempting to make my own versions of Lean Cuisine dinners -on the weekends make up meals in plastic containers and freeze them. I like the Lean Cuisine but I think I can do better with my own recipes

I do a similar thing. When I see a prepared meal in the market, I write down the main ingredients and/or what I see in the picture on the package, then make the same/similar meal at home. Mine is much healthier and has less fat and sodium, and tastes yummy!!! This is why I now keep a note pad in my purse at all times
  • Beachbumwannabe
    Options
    bump sounds so good
  • FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tkrepps
    tkrepps Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • Murphy3
    Murphy3 Posts: 32
    Options
    Bump
  • ShaylaBug
    Options
    Sounds really good! What kind of chicken did you use? Boneless or with bones?
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday with boneless chicken breast that were frozen. I also chopped up an onion and put some minced garlic in there and a splash or worsheshire sauce. I cooked it on low for about 7 hours. I put the pineapple in about 2 hours into cooking. It was ok, but not my favorite, and I LOVE chicken too!
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Guys.. I made this and used boneless chicken breast with fresh pineapple. It was amazing.. Highly recommend... Thanks so much for the recipe..
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    bump