Crockpot Pineapple Chicken (80 cal per ck breast)

Options

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Ok what does bump mean? i am new to this site. And if you drain your pineapple juice then how do you prevent your chicken from sticking to your crockpot and staying moist?
    LOL ... Bump is something that people write into a thread they want to keep track of but they aren't really writing a post at that time. If you write something ... or "bump" ... then post it the topic goes into your topics and you can find it when you need it. :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Okay ... I've got this sitting in my crock pot at home waiting for me. Can't wait to try it out. Mmmmmm
  • mbnym74
    mbnym74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    -4 chicken Breast
    _ 1 -20oz can of pineapple's drained
    - 1/4 cup of soy sauce
    - 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)

Cook on low for 3-4 hours or High for 2 hrs

:happy:

What do you serve as a side? Sounds good.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    2 hours left until this is ready. It is swimming in liquid and I drained my pineapple (I used fresh) and only 2 tbsp of soy. Perhaps the chicken was still frozen in the middle. I'm not worried, just stating an observation.

Next time I wouldn't add the pineapple until maybe its 1/2 done since the edges blacked in <2 hours. They don't appear to have burnt further but still....

I'll let you know how mine tastes and post my pic and nutrition tonight. I am serving this over rice and will also serve sautéed spinach since I have A LOT of spinach to use.

EDIT: I should note I was using a published recipe that concurred that the same time should be used like all other meat-cooking recipes, that being about 8 hours on low.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Here’s what my dinner looked like; 166 calories 2g fiber and 2 g fat 3 WW points.

I served this on top of brown rice and a side of sautéed spinach. In total, dinner was only 344 calories 5 g fiber and 8 g fat (I used some olive oil in the spinach to bump up my fat count).

I cooked my chicken for 7.5 hours.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options

EDIT: I should note I was using a published recipe that concurred that the same time should be used like all other meat-cooking recipes, that being about 8 hours on low.

Oh ok! I missed that. I tried this and we had let it go for like 3.5 hours on high and it was still pink in the middle. It did fall apart to look like yours in your picture, but I was nervous about eating it. I added way too much soy sauce, it's not a mistake a recommend making. I wasn't pleased with how it turned out. BUT I will try this recipe again, possibly with teryaki sauce instead and will definitely let it cool on low for 8 hours.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Here’s what my dinner looked like; 166 calories 2g fiber and 2 g fat 3 WW points.

I served this on top of brown rice and a side of sautéed spinach. In total, dinner was only 344 calories 5 g fiber and 8 g fat (I used some olive oil in the spinach to bump up my fat count).

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

that looks wonderful! I'm adding to my weekly menu. Thank you so much for the pics. Yummo!
  • Merodie
    Merodie Posts: 21
    Options
    Sounds right up my alley. Gotta try it. Thanks for sharing!
  • heathersmilez
    Options

that looks wonderful! I'm adding to my weekly menu. Thank you so much for the pics. Yummo!

Anytime! I feel posting recipes just isn't complete until you SEE it. I always take pics of everything I cook. I have 50+ in my wonderful binder now. Best thing I ever did!
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    I think I'm getting a crockpot this week! Definitely one of the first recipes I will try!

Thank you for sharing!
  • lisamaria63
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Putting this in today. Thanks for the recipe :)
  • NykoleMazzola
    Options
    im making this tonight ! :)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    oooh...now I know what I'll cook the next time i crockpot. THANKS!!
  • bustacapps
    Options
    bump!:happy:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I made this while on vacation and the other girls are going out to buy crockpots now.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this one...I love my crockpot!!!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Bump!!