Turbo Fire Challenge!!! Join Me

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I bit the bullet and decided to use my new Polar T7 HRM during today's Turbo Fire workouts. I did Greatest HIITs and Fire 45. HRM said I burned 616 calories. That's higher than my Bodybugg and the HRM I was previously using. The chest strap will definitely take some getting used to but it wasn't terrible. It fit really snugly under my sports bra. Since I don't eat back all of my exercise calories, I'm not too concerned about how these results compare to the other devices I've previously used.

Hope you all have a great day!
    Sharon
  • TinaBina313
    TinaBina313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! Almost done with my first week of TurboFire!! I love it. I almost gave up yesterday doing the Fire 55 but I was able to push myself to that next level. Getting up at 5am to do P90x and the doing turbo fire after work 6:30 is a little much but I know it will be worth it. My husband is doing p90x with me every morning and my daugthers (11 and 7) have been doing turbo fire with me at night. Exercise is bringing our family closer.
  • daisyr21
    daisyr21 Posts: 3
    Options
    Happy Monday!! Almost done with my first week of TurboFire!! I love it. I almost gave up yesterday doing the Fire 55 but I was able to push myself to that next level. Getting up at 5am to do P90x and the doing turbo fire after work 6:30 is a little much but I know it will be worth it. My husband is doing p90x with me every morning and my daugthers (11 and 7) have been doing turbo fire with me at night. Exercise is bringing our family closer.

Yeah that Fire 55 was hard the first time I did it. I kept taking breaks to drink water and by the end I think the mix of all the water and the jumping around made me feel like I was gonna throw up. Keep up the good work!
  • daisyr21
    daisyr21 Posts: 3
    Options
    i have been having some knee pain..is this normal?..Im am on week three of turbo fire and felt good up till now..I dont know if my eyes are just overworked or what, but today I actually went and bought new shoes maybe they will help. Tomorrow I do a HIT work out and Im really looking forward to doing it
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a question and I was hoping someone could help me out. I just got a new HRM New Balance N4, it does have a chest strap. I just started TurboFire this week and it said that for the 30 min new to class that I burned 150 calories and that when I did the HIIT 15 I burned 120. I know that most of the time my heart rate was in the 170s sometimes I even got it in the 180s. I was busting my butt on those workouts and worked up a sweat. I feel like I burned more than what my HRM said or am I wrong. So I was curious on what other people were able to burn on these workouts.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I have a question and I was hoping someone could help me out. I just got a new HRM New Balance N4, it does have a chest strap. I just started TurboFire this week and it said that for the 30 min new to class that I burned 150 calories and that when I did the HIIT 15 I burned 120. I know that most of the time my heart rate was in the 170s sometimes I even got it in the 180s. I was busting my butt on those workouts and worked up a sweat. I feel like I burned more than what my HRM said or am I wrong. So I was curious on what other people were able to burn on these workouts.

With my new Polar HRM I've been logging almost 10 calories per minute during Turbo Fire workouts but when I used a different HRM I was only showing 7 calories per minute for the same workouts. My advice, and I'm no doctor or nutritionist, use the calories burned information anecdotally but don't eat 100% of those calories back until you know how many your body can consume without gaining weight. I use the HRM results more as a benchmark and I try to beat that number each time I do a particular workout. It's more of a motivation for me than a mechanism to eat more...but that's just me! :wink:

Sharon
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Hi I have the Sportline Duo 1025 HRM from Sports Authority and my Fire 30 today was 315 aclorie burned and my HIIT 15 from yesterday was 151 just thought you would like to see how your #'s compare.
  • TinaBina313
    Options
    i have been having some knee pain..is this normal?..Im am on week three of turbo fire and felt good up till now..I dont know if my eyes are just overworked or what, but today I actually went and bought new shoes maybe they will help. Tomorrow I do a HIT work out and Im really looking forward to doing it

It could just be how you're landing. I have carpet so I hate working out with shoes on. If its a HIT I will wear them everything else I'm barefoot(lol)
  • SoldyerGyrl
    Options
    You will truly love Turbo Fire. I have had them videos since January and can't get enough. I am in the Army, and staying in a part of my life. Turbo Fire is challenging, fun and trust me, you will burn mega calories. I am 5'2, weigh 145lbs, about 19% bodyfat, and when I do then the 60 Minute fire workout, I burned 676 calories. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Lets keep each other motivated.

Soldyer Gyrl
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Completed my first week and so excited for week two. Also, I have lost a pound last week so I am really pumped!!!!!
  • TinaBina313
    Options
    Completed my first week and so excited for week two. Also, I have lost a pound last week so I am really pumped!!!!!

Way to go!!!
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You will truly love Turbo Fire. I have had them videos since January and can't get enough. I am in the Army, and staying in a part of my life. Turbo Fire is challenging, fun and trust me, you will burn mega calories. I am 5'2, weigh 145lbs, about 19% bodyfat, and when I do then the 60 Minute fire workout, I burned 676 calories. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Lets keep each other motivated.

Soldyer Gyrl

Hi

Ive been thinking of getting TurboFire...I only just started with Turbo Jam about 6 weeks ago and love that but feel that I need more.

Im 4'11" and weigh about 143lbs , I have no idea about my body fat % at the moment. But I am also waiting for my CLX to arrive in the next few days.

I would love to join the group....extra motivation and support goes a long way!....I guess I better hurry up and order my Turbo FIre.
  • Tanya0927
    Tanya0927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thinking of ordering Turbo Fire...I loved Turbo Jam but needing something new. Looking to drop 25-30 pounds...thinking a Turbo Fire group would be great to start me off.
  • Cbyas
    Cbyas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started my turbo fire yesterday. Why isn't there specifics Turbo Fire selections in the exercise chart yet?
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    New to turboFire...Started yesterday! Got the HIIT 15 after work today!
  • leannesellie
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to this its my first workout program. I'm ordering turbo fire on Friday because I need a program that's going to make me work my butt off. I've tried dieting but it never works alone did weight watchers and it didn't work for me the whole point thing was just to hard. I just have a few questions forgive me if they were already posted. 1. Is turbo fire good if you need to lose a lot of weight? 2. What happens after the 20 weeks. Can I still use the program would I use the schedule all over again? I'm very new to this but I want to lose the 140lbs. I'm willing to do anything. I'm only 22 so I guess I'm asking people who have weight loss program experience. Thank you!
  • TinaBina313
    Options
    Just checking in to see how's it going for you ladies with Turbo Fire? Any weight loss or inches loss?
  • telcochik
    Options
    Guess I need to check in to this thread a little more frequently since so many of you have questions! Turbo Fire is an amazing program if you're looking for a high energy, high sweat, high calorie burn fest. I personally lost 18 lbs and 8 inches during my first round. The music will get you energized and keep you wanting to push further. Don't be afraid if you don't get the choreography down right away. Even Chalene will tell you it takes practice to master the routines. You need to stick with it and keep moving, even if what you're doing doesn't quite match eveyrone else. There is a modifier on stage to show you how to do the moves without jumping if you want to start off slower. There is also a "new to class" option where Chalene demos each move and then you practice it several times before it's incorporated into the overall routine. This is a great way for you to again start off slowly so you don't get frustrated.

If anyone has any other questions about Turbo Fire or any other BB program let me know...and definitely friend me so I can keep track of you and your results!

Sharon
  • aliciabozza
    aliciabozza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOVE Turbo fire! Just got mine yesterday and I love it! Thanks so much to all who list their calorie burn!!
  • Terri813
    Terri813 Posts: 21
    Options
    I started the Turbo Fire Prep program and I am on my second week. So far I am loving it. Glad to see there is a group on here.