NO FAST FOOD CHALLENGE - MARCH

Options
123457»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I've had cravings for cheeseburgers and fries for about a week now. I have been good and not gone to a fast food place. I actually found a recipe for healthy baked onion rings so I am making those and homemade hamburgers for dinner tomorrow night. It is so hard some days to resist the urges but I keep getting lucky and finding recipes to replace the unhealthy fatening recipes I used to use. Thanks to you all and this challenge it has been easier to say no. I figure if you guys can do it so can I.

Good job Sarah!!!
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    Way to go JoEllen and Sarah for resisting your cravings!

I have continued to stay away from fast food completely. I'm also working out regularly mix of cardio and weights, eating balanced carbs/protein/fat, drinking water, meditating, and doing some soul work to find out why I eat and keep the weight on like I do.

And I'm already frustrated that I've stayed at 171 for a week. Sunday's my "official weigh in day" so we'll see if I see 170, but for now I don't understand why I'm not losing even half a pound. MFP tells me every day that if I keep it up I'll lose something like 8-12 pounds in 5 weeks depending on the day, but that's not going to happen if I can't even lose one! :mad:

Sigh. Oh well. The old me would say "all this effort isn't paying off so why not just get a burger and fries cuz I really want that anyway. What difference does it make anyhow?" But the new me will continue on with faith that my efforts will pay off eventually! I'm just so impatient!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Jenny,
    Yes, patience is the key. The scale is not the only measure of success for sure. If it were I would have given up a long time ago. Like yesterday the scale went up 4 pounds on me. I talked to myself and said as long as I know I am not doing anything to warrent a 4 pound gain, keep on trucking on. It could be TOM is on its way or anything. TOM is very irregular for me nowadays. So that is very frustrating. This morning the 4 pounds was gone and no pounds lost this week for me either. I am eating a lot of sodium so I atributed that to the 4 pound weight gain for the day.

I am doing good on fast foods this week and so far only one day slip. It gets easier to resist. I am still getting McD salads and mixing with my baby spinach and mushrooms. This weekend I have a brunch and a plan for the branch also.

Keep up the good work on workouts and eating cleanly, your body will adjust sooner or later for sure.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello all!!

Are you ready for the weekend? Do you have a plan? Hope so!

Have a good weekend all!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Again, no fast food this weekend! I actually tried a new recipe for a spicy peanut sauce. It is so yummy. I love the peanut saute at Noodles and Company but it so many calories, but now I have found a way to have it at home for fewer (maybe even half) calories. I didn't even crave it the entire weekend. I am starting to not like the smell when I drive past a Wendy's so this is good....I think :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Again, no fast food this weekend! I actually tried a new recipe for a spicy peanut sauce. It is so yummy. I love the peanut saute at Noodles and Company but it so many calories, but now I have found a way to have it at home for fewer (maybe even half) calories. I didn't even crave it the entire weekend. I am starting to not like the smell when I drive past a Wendy's so this is good....I think :smile:

Awesome Sarah!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I also did not have any fast foods over the weekend! I was very good at the Brunch I went to Sunday. They had plenty of healthy choices for me. I loved the turkey meatballs they had and the talapia was delicious. I also had a few small squares of deserts that were small but very tasty!

We would love to hear from more of you, even if you did not stick to it. No one is perfect. Consistency not perfection is key. I have did 19 days so far not counting today. So I had fast foods one day and for me this is AWESOME!!

Have a good week all! :flowerforyou:
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I just ate McDonalds for the first time in forever. I feel so gross now. But I felt like I needed it. I'm starting my new program tomorrow (joined a weight loss clinic) and I have all my groceries, supplements, etc to start right and get my detox week begun tomorrow morning.

I now understand some men's "need" to have a bachelor party before they get married. I am happy and excited to start this new commitment, but at the same time I'm a little freaked out and I guess I just wanted that "last taste" before I give it up forever.

I just want to crawl into my bed now though. Man, I am glad I got that binge overwith. I will not miss this feeling in my gut!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I just ate McDonalds for the first time in forever. I feel so gross now. But I felt like I needed it. I'm starting my new program tomorrow (joined a weight loss clinic) and I have all my groceries, supplements, etc to start right and get my detox week begun tomorrow morning.

I now understand some men's "need" to have a bachelor party before they get married. I am happy and excited to start this new commitment, but at the same time I'm a little freaked out and I guess I just wanted that "last taste" before I give it up forever.

I just want to crawl into my bed now though. Man, I am glad I got that binge overwith. I will not miss this feeling in my gut!

One day is just that Jenny one day! Much success to you on your new program!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello all,

I am doing good. I have had no Popeyes all month on Tuesday!! Whooohoo!!

Yesterday I did not even think about it.

Have a good week all!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well last week I feel off the wagen twice with the deadly pizza. But all in all I will take it. That is only the 3rd time this month I did not have any fast food. How is it going with you all? Everyone is very queit. Not sure if this is good or bad?

Only a few more days.

Have a good week and check in!
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I have updated my ticker, but with my new program and the liver cleanse I did last week, I certainly did not eat any fast food! I feel fantastic!

I lost a total of 4 lbs last week and 6 inches (getting measured again tomorrow so may be more already since Friday)!

I'm super excited and feel like this will work for me! Hope everyone is well! xo
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just came across this challenge and hope to see it continue on to April! I gave up fast food for Lent, and a group challenge like this will really help me see it through! You all are awesome and inspiring!
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty freaking proud of myself. Since I started the challenge (a few days in) I only had fast food once. Success!:bigsmile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty freaking proud of myself. Since I started the challenge (a few days in) I only had fast food once. Success!:bigsmile:

Good job Jenny!!! I am counting mines as success also!! 3 days for me out of 31 ain't bad at all!:bigsmile:

Do you want to go for it again in April? I am just going to use this same thread since not that many participating and checking in anyways.....:-) Let me know.