T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Replies

• vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Howdy Gals,

Another Monday off, and it was tough as I was sitting around doing computer work. The munchies got me BAD. I could have made better choices, but under the circumstances, I think I did pretty well!

Friday was DH's B-day and tomorrow is mine, so we had our BD dinner with some of the Omaha Steaks and stuffed backed potatoes that my parents got us tonight. Yum yum! I feel a day of fruits and veggies tomorrow!I

I Toja, MzBeez! The scale is NOT your enemy! Keep up the momentum.

Looking forward to getting to know you, Flower. Come back often and tell us your story!

Kelly, climb back on the horse and start riding!!!!! Forget the past, look to your skinny future! Ignoring us is NOT good for you. We aren't here to judge...we are here to encourage. PLEASE let us do our job!

Happy Birthday to YOR parents, Renae! We turned 66 and 59,,,so we a bit behind your folks, and still growing up! Celebrations are great, but always remember it's their party and it doesn't ALWAYS give you permission to "pig out". Sounds like you did it right!

So Shawna....hows the new home? Feeling comfortable? Find EVEYTING you packed? Find something you packed last time and thought you lost (that's happened to me...twice). I'm so happy that chapter is over and you can get on with "normal" living. Hugs to you both!

I'm watching Dancing with the Stars. Haven't watched for several seasons! Whoo...the judges are tough! See ya tomorrow!

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Yaaa - I'm amongst the living again! The cold/fever knocked me for a loop over the weekend. What is it they say - Starve a cold, Feed a fever? I have to say that I fed this cold yesterday afternoon! I'm hoping it was just due to not having an appetitie for 24hours. The good thing is that I reluctantly logged everything I ate and found that I was only over by 400 calories and still at less than 1700 for the day. And when I finally dared to get on the scales this morning I'd lost 2lbs for the week! Yee Tah!!

Shawnlee - so glad you are settled in your new place. So exciting - I remember those days!
    Vicki - your advice about not feeling like WE need to celebrate everybody else's milestones with over eating is very good advice indeed! I'll remember that when the next BD cake is served at work.

Which reminds me. I made the angelfood and crushed pineapple cake and it's very good!. Only 70 calories a piece. Just mix one box of Angelfood cake mix with a lg can of crushed pineapple. Don't add the other ingredients. Bake @ 325 for 25 minutes. Great with fruit and FF whipped topping.

I have been motivated by another MFP friend to start doing push ups and stomach crunches. My stomach hurt yesterday and I was blaming it on the fever until I remembered the crunches I'd done on Friday night - LOL. I'm thinking about closing my office door and doing some at work today..

This weeks goal is to not blow it at dinner. It is definitely the weakest part of my day. I ready in the Dr. Oz book over the weekend that if you eat 10-12 almonds (or about 70 cals worth of walnuts, sunflower seeds or any nut) 20minutes before a meal that the good fat would give you a full feeling which will allow you to eat for enjoyment and not just out of plain hunger. So that's the plan. I'm gonna go NUTS in the car on my way home tonight!

Happy Losing! Take it one day, one goal and one sucess at a time!

ReNae
  • utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Hi all. Sorry I haven't logged on for a bit -- work's been crazy. This past weekend I had pizza -- first time in amonth. Fortunately that litle splurge didn't send me reeling on a "have blown it so why not make the best of it and eat everything in the fridge" binge. I'm shopping for cars today, so hopefully it will be fun. It's a gorgeous, sunny day which makes up for yesterday's snow, hail, and thunderstorm all in the same day insanity.

I picked up Jillian's Ripped in 30 DVD and plan to give it a try later today. Some folks on the 30 Day Shred thread recommended it.

I just got the official word that my sister has her dissertation submitted to the dean and will be getting her doctoral degree in May. 1st in our family :) Super proud of her, and thrilled that I get to spend some time in the beautiful, lush, green, humidity of South Carolina and leave this desert behind for a bit. Thinking about walking on the beach in Charleston certainly gives me a little extra motivation -- maybe next weekend I'll be able to say no to pizza!

Have a great week. Here's to SPRING.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hey all... Just stopping by... Logged my food and exercise.. Still trucking along.. No movement on the scale.. Trainer thinks it could be water weight.. I though gas from the broccoli i've been assigned to eat. We shall see. Menu changed this week which I'm happy about...

Take care....

Anita
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Hey all... Just stopping by... Logged my food and exercise.. Still trucking along.. No movement on the scale.. Trainer thinks it could be water weight.. I though gas from the broccoli i've been assigned to eat. We shall see. Menu changed this week which I'm happy about...

Take care....

Anita
    broccoli is a really GREAT fibrous carb! SOOO good for you ;-D
  • vikalyn
    Howdy Gals,

OMG...if I get through this week without a gain it'll be a miracle! I had totally prepared for a cleansing day, then my new Chief took me out for a Birthday lunch. I had a salad...which was good, but did some grocery shopping and came home to fix hot dogs, beans and coleslaw (from the deli). Tomorrow we're having a Pot Luck at Town Hall. Something we do every March as pretty close to half the employees have birthdays in March. Janie is making a Taco Pie and I'm making a peach/watermelon salsa. I was thrilled to find watermelon at the store. Often it's difficult to find IN SEASON fruits here in the mountains of Eastern Washington. Jackie will be hoping to the Deli and getting their roasted chicken (the guys really go for that) and the rest of the crew are men...they usually bring chips, and my officer will bring plates and flatware (if he remembers).

Hey Sis, good job reducing the binge to a little ol' pizza! Contrast to your sister and her PhD. Quite an accomplishment. This is a good lesson for us all. She had a goal, albert at long term goal, and got there with I'm sure some pretty serious set backs! Although we may not think of our weight loss goals akin to a PhD...they are still viable goals, for quality of life, self esteem, health, and...OMG clothes shopping!

Well, I have lots more to say, but I'm tired of fighting this mouse pat on my lap top. The darn thing is smarter than me and it beginning to p!ss me off! Time for bed!

• pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Hey everyone. Hope everyone is doing good. I just got home from the gym. First time in a long time.... Feels good. I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm starting to eat better again. Cutting out the pop and for a change I'm not getting the headaches. I'm drinking lots of water. I'm also getting in fruits. So, it's a start.

I'm trying to catch up with the older posts here, and I want to welcome new members. It's been a few months I think since I've posted and there are a few names I don't know. I used to be a religious poster until my computer started messing up. But I'm trying to get back on here more often. I haven't totally fallen off the horse. I'm still eating pretty good. The only thing that has changed is that I'm not nearly as active as I was last summer/fall. But I'm back. I'm tired of how I've slowed down with my progress. I hate it. Everyone keeps telling me my butt is getting bigger....I know they are playing around but it really is getting bigger.

Good luck everyone on the losing. To those who aren't losing what they want, keep up the hard work.
  • vikalyn
    Howdy Gals,

Kelly, it IS so good to have you back! Sounds like you've been pretty much on track, except for a hic-up or two.

I'm just hoping to get through this week without a gain...or too much of one. Though some of it is not totally my fault, much if it is...like the "E" word. Haven't done it for a week.

• PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Hi I would like to join this group if it's not too late. I signed up with MFP on Mar 8 at 303 and so far right now I'm at 292.2, I weigh in on Friday evenings so I'm hoping to see a drop tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Good morning all!!

Welcome PolyTeine. Never too late to join. Congrats on your 11lbs loss!! That is a great start. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

I'm in a slump. I've been eating out too much. So that makes it hard for me to log my food so I've barely done that for a week. I keep walking even though the weather is crappy. Hey Vicki I'm not walking a dog then. That was the one I found for a 3mph walk LOL. On the weekends when I walk I take my son's dog. BUt week days I am at work on a break and I don't have a dog with me..I have a co-worker with me. I hate the E word too Vicki, but maybe you should just walk more during the day, go on your break or at lunch time. I love that 15 minutes away from work. It breaks up my day and gets me away from the phone.

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit I've been a little down in the dumps. I've not lost any weight in 3 or 4 weeks. My emotions have been up and down. I've been here everyday reading but not posting. I'll try to do better.

Shawna how is the new apartment? DO you like it better than where you were before? I dread the thought of moving. I know I will probably have to move in the next couple of years or so and I am not looking forward to it. I will probably go from this house to an apartment and I dread apartment living.

I made an easy yummy broccoli cheese soup for dinner last night. But didn't know how to log the calories. I'm sure it was awful because of the cheese. But it had a veggie!!!!

Well I need to get ready for work. Have a nice day all...Tomorrow is Friday, we are getting sooo close to the weekend. I can't wait.

Deb
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    I'm ready for the weekend also. One hurdle to get past first . . .we are expecting 8-15" of SNOW tomorrow here in mid-maine. Bad April Fools joke mother nature is pulling over on us!

We are having a B-Day celebration at work next week for one of my staff. I've talked everyone into doing fruit salad, FF Whipped Topping and Yogurt. Fun, different and healthy.

Saving up 6-700 cals for dinner tonight since I'm pretty sure we'll be eating out. My daughter is in a debate competition and we'll be 40 miles from home so we'll probably stop to eat. I like a good challenge so I'm going to see how well I can do. I have only eaten out once since I started 40 days ago.

Gotta go get my shovel out! Take care and make it a great day.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Reanaejae...really that much snow? Seems the weather is wonky all over the place lately. I hope you manage to stay warm.

Deb...sorry your still feeling so down. I guess you just need to do whatever it takes to get through it right now and get back on track when your head is in the right place.

Polyteine...welcome to the thread :) That's a good weightloss in a few weeks.

I had my very first "you've lost weight" comment today...finally someone saw a difference...it made me feel happy.

Good luck with weigh-in's tomorrow all.
  • PolyTeine
    Thank you girls, I'm hoping it's another loss tomorrow .. if not pounds then maybe inches :-)
  • pawprint061
    Hey everyone. I did really good yesterday. I'm taking my lunch to work. I sat down and did some numbers and I can't believe how much money I have wasted in fast food. Over 500 bucks since the first of the year. I couldn't believe it. So, back to taking my lunch. It's better anyways. I can control how much, and I can make it healthy. Plus, I've been drinking lots of water. I measured myself last night and I'm pretty dissatisfied. But, I know I can get it back to where it was and even better. But that's it for right now. Just checking in.
  • vikalyn
    Howdy Gals,

Checking in...very tire...see ya'll tomorrow...Happy losing...
    Vicki...*Ü*
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Weighing in

SW 301 LW 284 CW 281 = 3lbs loss this week
  • PolyTeine
    Wow .. 3 lbs is awesome .. good job Vicki
  • vikalyn
    Howdy Gals,

My weigh in:

SW=232; GW=150; LW=221; CW=222½--up 1½ pounds

Thanks to all my friends and family for all the meals out during our Birthday Week. It's over, we're older and I can't wait to eat better and move more. I feel like a slug!

:brokenheart:
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    I dropped 3 pounds this week, but am heading to Reno for my birthday weekend. I will do my best to watch what I eat, but I won't get much exercise sitting in front of the slot machines. Unless I hit a jackpot, then I'll be jumping up & down.:laugh:
  • pawprint061
    Painten-SW 301 LW 284 CW 281 = 3lbs loss this week
    vikalyn-SW=232; GW=150; LW=221; CW=222½--up 1½ pounds
    HawaiianDreamer-dropped 3 pounds this week
    Pawprint-SW -168 GW-115 CW-139- :Loss of 1 pound.

Way to go losers. Keep it up. I have been drinking nothing but water lately. I'm feeling good. Finally started the non stop peeing lol. It took a few days for it to kick in but it's here. I went to the gym this morning and I'm feeling great. Cutting out the pop is doing wonders. And no headaches so far.... strange. Normally by now I would have already been sucking down the Excedrin. Ok, not literally but you know what I mean. I'm back to taking my lunch to work so that will help me out also with the fat and the sugars. Feeling good people. Check back in later.