Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Megan – Welcome back! Good to know that you had a nice and refreshing vacation, and that you managed to maintain :)

Melissa – Great job at maintaining!! I’m so excited to know that you are prepared for your ½ yayyy… And, it’s awesome that you & your daughter are dedicating the race to your Dad :)

Rachellynch – Hope your kids are doing fine now. Day at the spa is a good motivation. I’m looking forward to wear a bikini for the first time if I meet my goals :D

Emmarie – We all have our days…at least you are back on track now. Also, you’ve found a new activity, which is always good to keep one motivated.

Aly – Good luck for your race in Hawaii. Have lots of fun!!!

Cait – One day at a time is the way to go! But take care of your knee girl!!

NicNac – Congrats on your loss!!

TARAAAA – I’m sure you’ll reach your March goals. You are so good and so motivating!! Thank you for checking in on me time & again :)

Meag – Since I missed out on a lot of posts while I was away, I don’t know what happened but from what I understand, you hurt your foot real bad. I think you need to avoid being stressed about things out of your control and handle things one day at a time. It’s just a phase and all will be well soon. Hugs!!

AFM – Got back to the gym and tracking calories yesterday. My longest run before my vacation (in Feb) was 3.25 miles and I was hoping to be able to run at least 2 miles yesterday. But I stopped at 1.75 :( Anyway, I’m glad that I got back to running and that I was able to do that also makes me happy :) I’m taking it a bit slow this week, so didn’t do the elliptical like I usually would after my run. Will start weight training too this week. I plan on starting the 100 pushups too but this week I’ll just get my body used to doing pushups since I’ve never done those before.

My sister has also started using MFP and is doing C25K too. We both fit into the same size clothes now and both have never worn a bikini. So, we’re now motivating each other to get in shape for the bikini. We’ve decided to shop for it and wear it together for the first time this summer. She’s highly motivated and I don’t want her to wear it if I’m not able to. So, I HAVE TO ANYHOW lose some weight & get in shape!!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Megan-mind over matter girly...you WILL get those 3 miles!! I know you can, and you should know it too!!!

Spell-no prob!! glad to see that you are back, and ready to roll for April!!

AFM-final WI tomorrow...I will post my goals and how I did (no matter how good or bad) and start thinking about my April goals tonight!!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in very much lately! Today was my best day I've had in over a week. I shaved over 2 minutes off my best mile. My weight didn't change this week (but I was bad all week and I also didn't workout) so I am not surprised. I had a super healthy dinner and I think I might have a frozen fruit bar for some dessert.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i've been reading everyone's posts (and lack thereof) even though i haven't really been posting. i gained 2.2lbs so definitely not anywhere close my march goal. i am excited for april to start and i've got my goals thought out.

i am leaving for vegas on friday morning so i won't be able to join the april group till apri 3/4 (depending on how dead i will be). i am making sweet potato chips AND jello shots for the road trip hahaha. even though this trip was one of my milestones (i wanted to be at least 135lbs!) but all my binges and lack of exercise really got in the way.

how do you guys stay motivated to exercise? i used to be an "athlete" (played netball for my school) but i still really hate moving. in college i would go to the gym maybe 5 times the whole semester.
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm confused! After not having worked out at all & with no control over food for 6 weeks, I lost 1 lb. And, now after another similar week, I lost 2lbs. I use the scale at the gym and am wondering if something's wrong with the scale or is it something else? I feel my thighs a slightly fatter though. :huh:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Erica-great job on shaving your time on your run!!

Lola-I don't think that many people will be reaching their March goals unfortunately...just be ready to kick it in April..I know that I will be :) Also, I hope you have fun on your vaca...the weather is beautiful here right now! As for the staying motivated to workout...I don't think that there is really any way to do this, besides finding something that you really love doing (for me it's hiking) and getting out there and doing it!

Spell-take the losses as a blessing, but also don't be surprised or get discouraged if a little bit of it comes back!! I know that you will do great next month!

AFM-nervous as hell for my WI this afternoon when I get up (what a surprise there) LOL And I have been thinking of some really great goals for April so I am super stoked about that!!

good luck for the last 2 days of the month everyone!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    TJ- Don't be nervous I'm sure you'll kill it!

I don't have much time to update, but I just want to say that I did it! I ran for 3 miles!!! I did however stop at 2 miles for 15 secs to catch my breath and then again at 2.25 for 30 seconds to catch my breath and get a drink of water and then I just made myself power through. It feels good! And my coworker who works out with me said "It won't ever get harder then it was just now." SO TRUE!! So I can do it and that's all I need to know. YEAH!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... It's already Mar 30th! And for the first month in a while, we haven't quite made it to a second thread. I guess things have really petered off here. Ah well.

April's a fresh start, and hopefully some of us (ahem ME ahem) can get back on track and regain some motivation and dedication. I continue to log and am still wildly addicted to MFP, but for the most part just stick to my news feed, profile, and food/exercise logs. The forums are just bustling with nonsense and bad advice so for the most part I steer clear. It's been tough keeping up with this thread, especially since things seem pretty uneventful as of late, but I am committed to livening it up again in April so I hope you guys join me :bigsmile:

As for me... The foot is really giving me a hard time lately. It's been extremely sore and resisting any form of exercise or even just normal physical activity. Working on my feet is definitely not helping matters. Unfortunately, quitting my job presently is not a viable option (although boy do I wish it was...). I am trying to do as little as possible on my foot and to treat is kindly, but it's very tough. Lately I've been struggling a lot with snacking on terrible foods, eating too much ice cream, and generally just not being as "clean" as I would like food-wise, which generally would be manageable but it is leaving me very concerned about the state of my body composition and in fear that while my weight may stay constant I am in the process of losing muscle and regaining fat... Not sure how much truth there is to this, and maybe it's in my head, but I feel like I can notice my body already getting a little flabbier and losing some tone and definition. It worries me. I worked soooo hard to get to where I am at now (and still have plenty of room for improvement) and I'd hate to see myself regress because of this foot injury. My goal was to feel really good about my body by the summer so I could don a swimsuit without too much of a "EWWWW Gross!!!!" factor in my head - and this regression is really putting a wrench in my plans. Frustrating.

As it stands now, no running, no weights classes (Monday's Body Flex was a terrible idea), no cycling, limited Arc Training (max 15-20 mins), and yoga once a week. Potential for swimming when I can fit it in and get the proper gear. Trying to stick with 1600 calories a day, which I am sure seems like a TON to most people but is actually quite a challenge for me. Still haven't had a SINGLE packet of sweetener in 30 days (!!) which is an epic feat. And maintaining under 130lbs - most likely up a few lbs this Friday on account of my eating this week.

I'll be checking in tomorrow and Friday and posting the new April Challenge Friday morning around 330am EST when I get home from work. A bit late, but it's the best I can do. Either that or I'll post it before work, but I will likely be rushing to get to work on time so I doubt that's going to be possible (I'm always running late...). Please check the forums for the new thread - i'll post a link here as well as in my news feed and it would be great if you guys could do the same, spread the word, and we can regain some momentum lost in March!

Megan - WOW! :drinker: Fantastic effort and accomplishment! 3 miles is incredible girl! Your co-worker was kind to say that... But honestly, some runs will be harder. Much harder. The good thing is knowing now that you CAN do it, so that mental block can be done away with forever. Some runs are just plain harder than others - either because we're fatigued, sore, stressed, distracted, or just because some days are bad running days, for whatever reason. None the less, now you know it can be done and that's all that matters. Next up - 3.1 miles non-stop! That's 5K woman! WOOT!

Tara - Fingers crossed for your weigh-in today! No matter what the scale says, you totally rock this healthy living thing and your progress has been phenomenal. Make sure you keep your eyes on the end goal and the long term. You are doing great!

Spell - Our bodies do crazy things... Last week I didn't run or work out hardly at all, and I lost 3.5lbs :noway: It's just nonsense. I'd say it's likely because our muscles retain water when we're really working out hard and let go of that water retention once we rest for several days in a row. Our bodies are basically in "standby" mode. Things should even out for you soon. Get some strength training done and start feeling strong and powerful again! :bigsmile: You've got this lady!

Lola - Staying motivated is hard work - Try to be your own best coach and motivator, set your goals and post them somewhere, and continually remind yourself of why this is important to you. Could also be helpful to figure out exactly what you stand to gain from exercising, emotionally and physically. I tend to just not consider not working out - I schedule it in and don't allow anything to get in my way. It's a non-issue. There is NO skipping workouts. It's like a job for me. That doesn't work for everything but hey, it gets my *kitten* moving so no complaints! :happy: Don't worry about your March goals too much - As long as you're moving forward, you're doing things right. Keep it up!

Meag :heart:
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I just now found this thread (bummer!), but I would love to get on board in April. Posting here to bump it into my topics so I can catch the April challenge!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Great job finishing out the month everyone. It has definitely been a tough one. I hope that next month is better for us all and we can really kick some *kitten*!!!

Cait
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Megan-great job on your run!! I bet next time you won't even take those second breaks at all!! WTG!

Meag-thanks for your continued support :) I really hope that your foot feels better soon, and that you can get back to your normal healthy living and exercising ASAP!! I can tell that not only is it bumming you out..but it is totally killin you!! My regards girl....just keep your head in the game, even if your body can't quite be there right now! :)

Shannon-welcome to the group!!! keep your eyes posted for when Meag posts the new April thread and we will seeya there!

Cait-i truly hope that you are right! I feel that this group (when focused) is a great support for my own journey, and with this month being a little lax for some (including myself) I felt that we all kinda ended up going down the same path!!

AFM-My final WI was today and I only lost 0.6lbs, here is a recap of what my March goals were, and what I actually accomplished. To drink 80ozs of water/day (check!), to get 3 days arms/week (check!), to burn 5000 cals/month (check-burned 5202 cals), and to lose 6lbs (ACTUAL -3.6lbs). So although I was a little short on my weight goal...overall, I think that I ended the month on a pretty good note :)

I will be posting my April goals when the new thread is up...but I am starting them today!
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Well ladies I finished March off strong with a bootcamp class! And I am ready to be refocused and remotivated in April. I have to run to a meeting but I wanted to say that I am here and ready! Lets kick some major *kitten* next month!!!

Megan
  • tjradd73
    Options
    AGREED Megan!!! I am totally ready to join you(and anyone else who is up for it) in really pushing ourselves in April!! I have come up with some pretty good goals (at least for me) for April, which I will post on the new thread tomorrow!! Can't wait!! Let's do this!!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm down for doing this again in April. These challenges keep me motivated to stay accountable! I am going to finish March strong and come out guns blazing for April!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Yes - I say we just forget about all the March slacking (myself totally included) and get on with April! The weather should be getting much better and we'll all my be more inclined to get outside and get our a$$es in gear! :bigsmile:

Farewell March - April, BRING IT ON!

New thread will be posted within the next 24 hours - Stay tuned! :heart:
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So I'm checking in for the final day of March with my goals. First off I'm super excited that I ran 3 and a 1/2miles today without stopping. It went like this 5mph 5 minute warm up, 7.5mph for 2 miles, 6.0mph for half a a mile, and 5mph cool down. The total distance was 3 and a half miles. I hope to be able to run the same speed preferribly 7.5mph for the whole thing, but I'm still pretty proud of myself. :smile:
    I did not make my goal of finishing my 30day shred this month. I'm kind of worried about level 3 and so have been procrastinating on starting it.:grumble:
    I did have to work a lot harder than I thought I would to stay under my calorie goal 29 out of 31 days this month, but I did make this goal. Well, I guess as long as I don't go over tonight!
    I made it a point to not make a scale goal this month after the month of February with the scale not moving. However I weighed in this morning for a final weigh in for the month. I lost a total of 8lbs this month. I stepped on the scale like 5 times and moved it around to verify. Wow! I'm sure there was water weight in there, or maybe the weight I should have lost in the month of February flew off in the beginning of the month???? Either way I'm super excited! I have to think up some new goals for April.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I leave for Hawaii tomorrow morning. So far my only goal for April is enjoy my vacation and have tons of fun! I also want to be at least at 169 for May First. Shouldn't be too hard!! I don't think I will have time to get on the new board since I fly out at 8am tomorrow and head to the airport at 6. Keep me posted ladies and Ill check back in April!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Erica-see ya again in April!!

Meag-can't wait! Let's do this!! :)

Rachel-great job on the 3.5 miles girl!! That was a great pace that you set for yourself :) No worries bout the shred...you can for sure finish it in April! And 8lbs is awesome!! you should be very proud of all of your hard work for the month...you did great!

AFM-i am so ready to get April started..I have already started working on my goals for the month and am planning for a really great month!
  • mkingraham
    Options
    is april hear yet? :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Almost there ladies (and gents)!!! Thought I would post the link to my before and afters if anyone would like to see em. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/206539-my-progress-so-far-with-pics?page=1#posts-2725717