Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options
Hey fabulous 20-somethings!

Well it's officially March 1st :drinker: Yay! Which means a fresh start to what will hopefully be our healthiest and happiest month YET! I am pumped to get off to a great start and make all 31 days of this glorious first month of spring count. Weather should be taking a warmer turn, days will be getting longer, and I know that we're all going to be re-committing to a healthier lifestyle and a more positive outlook to lead us into the summer of '11.

Let's get our progress stuff out of the way and then set some new goals for this month - but remember, BE REALISTIC! I say this every month but you'll notice that there are a whole bunch of folks that drop out of the challenge every month with goals too lofty to reach. Keep it attainable, ladies :happy: Copy and paste the new list as we go, tag your name and goals to the end, and keep things moving along. Let's get it started! :bigsmile: But first....

Here's out goal list for Feb 2011 - How'd your progress stack up?

February Goals List:
mpresto - scale goal: lose 10lbs by March 1 (150 lbs); non-scale goal: 2 days lifting, 2 days abs, 4 days cardio per week
megteg - Lose 4 lbs, drink 9 glasses of water/day, and get 4 workouts in per week (at least one with strength), make more homemade lunches
jessista: Be under my calorie goal for at least 7 days this month, be under 150 lbs by the end of the month, cut down on unhealthy late-night snacking (sometimes I am just hungry, so a healthy snack would be ok), walk the long way back to my apartment after class, climb the four flights of stairs to my apartment without it ending in heavy breathing.
seripha - 148lbs by the end of the month, work out 5x a week, go to kung fu 3x a week when I'm in town :)
roobean33- Focus on NSV's, take measurements every 2 weeks, focus on healthy quality calories, CF 4X/week, cardio 2X
emmarie1630- lose 3 pounds, track measurements- lose up to 1 inch, drink tons of water, cut out diet soda, 4x/week work out and strength training
lil_vic22: Lose 9 lbs
Meggonkgonk: To reach 143 lbs and cut down eating out to 1x a week
mkingraham: I would like to lose 7 lbs this month but more importantly by the end of Feb I would like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. Its gonna be a hard one but I think I can do it! I also am planning on keeping up the healthy breakfast and exerciese routines! woop!
jbars11- lose 6lbs, continue 30 day shred personal challenge and cut back on soda
meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.
ChelsiBurnett- (Starting weight 139.2) Goals: Lose 5 + pounds, Eat back most of my exercise calories, drink lots of water, do p90x everyday, & don't eat fast food.
Lostalykat- Lose 4 pounds, Weigh 167, Strength train 2-3 days a week, Track all food that goes in my mouth, Do at least one Yoga class! Assess goals weekly, Make a new recipe 4 times this month.
Cheralicia - Scale Goal: 2lbs (116lbs); Non Scale Goal: Cook at least 3x/week, yoga at least 1x/week, Cardio at least 1x/week, TRACK EVERYTHING (even the bad days) - oh yeah and crush my LSAT this month!
LiL_Fizzy-lose 15 Lbs., Cardio 6x's a week, Kettlebell 3x's a week and NO FAST FOOD!
lolahippie - Be below 140lbs, complete food diary everyday and exercising at least 3 times a week!
kbellnurse - Get out of the 150's! Stop mindless snacking/eating off the meal plan. No chocolate bars all month!
jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
Kristin - Exercise EVERYday, stay under my calories at least 20 days out of the month and overcome my sugar addiction!
Aholtz1- Exercise 5x/wk (3x Cardio 2x Strength training) drink 12glasses of water a day...lower the amount of soda to 1 per wk
marymoni- Get to 135lbs and improve endurance to 10km.
Nadine - stop drinking. prepare all my meals at home. 4 strength workouts per week. Lose 6lbs - GW for March 1st is 124lbs.
GuamGrly (Bethany) - no scale goal. My focus will continue to be on the lifestyle rather than the # on the scale. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 120 minutes per week, and attempt to get on track with C25K training...again!!
nesmikelopez (Vanessa) – lose 5lbs and finish 5k in under 40 minutes. Drink water, no soda and track meals.
noltes2 (Sara) - lose 5 pounds, hit under 155 to have a healthy BMI! Eat consistent calories, with only one over day per week.
wardiemelissa-continue my 1/2 training using Hal Higdon Intermediate, maintain weight, continue to try 2-3 new dinner recipes, eat at least 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day
crystal_ice4: Work out atleast 4 times a week, loose 8 lbs, and try new fruits and veggies :)
Rachellynch83-I would like to lose 3 lbs this month. (Slow and steady), take my measurements, keep planning our meals a week ahead, and work out 4 days a week.
Allie7383- lose at least 4.5 pounds to put me into the 140's, get back on track with TurboFire. Continue with 8 cups of water/day, consistently track, even if i have a bad food day.
KanCrav- get to 157, make it to the gym 3times a week, workout at least 5 times a week, learn my limits with strength training and start a regimanet.. NO ALCOHOL!
kvr414- 12+cups water/day, Intense cardio 3x/week, Limit carb consumption post 5PM, Lose 3 lbs.
lizzymaez--lose at least 4 more pounds of the 8 pounds I have left to go. Be healthy and workout 3 times a week. Continue taking vitamins every day.
Stuartme123: JanSW = 155. Check-in with this thread 3-4x/week, 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Conintue with 100 push-up challenge and C25K, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
slindsey137- Be down to 162 by the end of the month to keep my goal weight on track, do 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY, track all of my food everyday!
KatySteele- lose 10 lbs by March 1st!!! Make it to the gym at least five days per week. Drink 6 glasses of water per day.
shelsab: lose 5 lbs. Work out 5x a week. Try new classes at the gym and no more soda. Be more motivating to my friends and family in anything they are trying to achieve.
tjradd73-lose 6lbs, at least 80ozs of water/day, 3X arms/week, 3X abs/week, burn at least 1000 calories per week!
odettelh - walk for 30 minutes without feeling tired, watch my food intake, get into a solid workout routine and make sure my diet is healthy
amgant- My goals for February are to Exercise everyday, even if it is only 30 min on an treadmill and get under 180.
finncmh- See a loss on the scale. 4 days a week lifting. Cardio: by the end of the month be running between 1.5 and 2.0 miles straight. Continue to refine my eating. Really focus on finding a nice daily yoga routine for myself.
spellbinder25 - (1) Workout regularly, as much as I can, (2) Eat healthy. (Mental note: I AM NOT GOING BACK TO WHERE I STARTED!!), (3) Come up with a strength training plan for March onwards.
BFab24-lose 5lbs to get down to 185, non-scale goals: workout 4-5 days per week (at least 2 in the gym), eat healthy snacks at work, and to move into a new place :)
Happybunnysbabe57- My Goals on scale- lose 7lbs (or more) My Goals off scale- Workout 4 to 5 days a week, cook more healthy food options, and drink more water.
SeeCrystal - Lose 15lbs, increase workouts, eat at home more often and take a lunch to work - no cheating!
sweetmelissa22-to get to 33lbs lost total, and to go to the gym at least 3 times per week!
echoicmemories (Jess)-commit to gym workouts 3x/wk with training days in between, down 5lbs and 2" total hips and waist, elliptical resistance to 10, and hold 2 planks for a min each
hilhall822- get to 220 lbs by the end of the month- drink lost of water EVERY day!
NicNac86 - Drink at least 8 cups of water a day, lose at least 1lb a week, try to increase the amount of exercise I'm doing, even if it's only Wii tennis lol
Don't fear if you didn't meet your goals - February is a ROUGH month, and a short one at that. Just keep your goals sensible for March and kick you own *kitten* into over-drive. We can do this!

Good luck my lovelies! MAKE IT COUNT! :heart:
Meag

Replies

• kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great group, can I join?!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    bump
    I missed this last month for some reason, but I'm back! I'll post tomorrow with my weight for the month and stuff.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    This IS a great group!! Welcome! Just post your name and your March goals and we look forward to hearing from you!!

Diamonds-welcome back!

AFM-WI Wednesday...goals met and new goals set, to follow!!

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Of course. A list will start to form in the AM and you'll catch on quickly. Just add your name to the bottom, with some goals you'd like to reach, and keep us updated on your progress. If you want to see what last month's group looked like you can find it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165425-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-february-challenge?
  • JessYas
    JessYas Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    CW (2/28/11): 138lbs
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, too! I would like to lose 7lbs in March. I want to drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oh and I weigh 161.8lbs.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    JessYas-Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy-to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    make sure you copy and paste this list and add your personal goals to the bottom for March!! :) welcome to the group everyone!

JessYas-Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy-to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    JessYas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
  • froggytank3
    froggytank3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I want to lose 10 lbs in March. I would like to also cut down on my sugar intake and also stay under my calories without using any of the extra calories I earn from the workouts!

Height 5’2 CW 174 GW 135
    Mini Goals:

2422753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey all.. wow Feb was a hard month.. as for my goals.. umm, yeah... well i kept up with my water intake and that was prety much it.. my final Wi for the month landed me at 152.5, which I was happy to see since I was blancing around 154-155 for a couple weeks. sunday was such a nice day so i ran 4 miles around the park, and got my TurboFire on today. i missed out on doing my core workout from injuring my tailbone and it def showed today as i wasn't able to do all the reps that i used to. afterwards i did a high intensity interval workout, and was able to do every single jump (which is a LOT!) and by the end i still felt light on my feet instead of feeling like i had bricks around my ankles haha. it was def a proud moment which kept me thinking positive for the day.. on a whim, i decided to buy a couple bikinis as motivation. i think i'm going to hang them on the back of my door the same way i did with my NYE dress and try them on periodically.. will be my first time EVER venturing out in a bikini so i def gotta get back in the game! good luck to everyone, YAAAY for a new month, and hopefully better one for us all.. also welcome to all the newbies!

JessYas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    March, oh how nice it is to see you!~!~! I am so glad to be here in March with all you wonderful women (we did loose our guy right???) I did better that I thought I did with my Feb goal. I thought I said I wanted to do 154, but it was 157. And I made it to 158.5. So I wasnt far off!~!~! And I didnt expect to get anywhere near it with how hard Feb was. I will be in rehab this throughout March. Like I said before its run my the military so I will have 3 meals a day and an hour of manditory PT (physical training) sooo, I am not worried about my weightloss, which is grea cuz I need to concentrate on my sobriety anyway. I am on blackout for my first two weeks in so I wont be able to chime in during some of the month. But AS SOON as I can I will be back..lol.
    (Thats not til the 7th though, I have a week to spend with you guys yet)

I cant wait to get down to work with you all... welcome all who is new!~!~!

P.S. Yesterday was 2 years since my mom passed away. I was so bent out of shape about it all month, and look at me, Im still here today!~! God BLess.

Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    In February, I met the work out 4 days a week besides the last week, continued planning my meals ahead, took my measurements, but didn't lose any weight.

So for March, I will make a new set of goals not involving weight, and hopefully some will come off when I'm not looking. :laugh:

KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi! *waves*
    Since this is my first time joining a challenge group I've made mine attainable - I want to go a distance of 75 miles this month while exercising (mostly running, but I may have to include a bike ride to make sure I get there!) And a goal of getting into the 140s comfortably, since I'm 151 now.

Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    Toshiette - go 120km/75miles this month and get comfortably into the 140s.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    mkingraham- lose 7lbs, run a 5k without stopping, strength train 3 days a week
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning all :drinker: And welcome to March! Happy to see some new faces and equally so to see some wonderful and inspiring ladies returning for another month! I know we can make it happen! :happy:

My Feb goals:
    meagalayne- Maintain under 130lbs, finish 4 more weeks of HH 1/2 Training Program (Intermediate), curb late night snacking and after work binging, and limit sweetener use to ONCE a day.

How'd I do? I weighed-in yesterday at 125.7lbs - so well under 130lbs - and managed to snack every night without binging all that much. Controlled snacking, I like to call it. IE: My 6th meal of the day :laugh: Usually cottage cheese, cinnamon, fruit and maybe some nuts. Did well on the sweetener front too and only caved in 2/28 days to use more than one packet (once was this weekend when I was on a "break" from logging), So I am making serious progress on that front as well! As for training, I finished Weeks 4-7 and then my foot injury prevented me from starting W8, so I didn't meet that goal. Hoping to start up again very soon with running and complete at least Weeks 8/9 in March. Fingers crossed!

As for March...

froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)

I'm going to take some measurements later today and post up those results. Have a great first day of Mar everyone - No time better than the present to kick it into high gear and get your *kitten* moving! :bigsmile:
    Loves :heart:
  • Hizzle85
    Hizzle85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ready to start this month off right! Here's to a month of great progress.

froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I want to join! I want to lose 10 lbs in March. I would like to also cut down on my sugar intake and also stay under my calories without using any of the extra calories I earn from the workouts!
    froggytank - I added your goals to the goal list when I posted my own. Just wanted to add in my own $0.02 on your goals - While I support everyone's individual journey on here there has been a LOT of talk on this group over the last 6 months regarding the importance of fueling and eating your exercise calories. Keep in mind that MFP is already providing you with a substantial calorie deficit in order to lose weight and so further depriving your body of the fuel that it needs to function at 100% could result in fatigue or more serious side effects.

To everyone, but especially those new to the Kickin' *kitten* Crew - Making sure that you are treating your body well and nourishing yourself is the KEY to successful weight management and will help you to maintain your weight once you get to your goals. Learning healthy eating habits and how to properly fuel is a struggle, so starting early and making this a lifestyle change is your best bet if you want to make this stick. It's also just WAY easier to commit in the long term when you don't feel like you're exhausted and starving all the time.

If you want some more information, check out these threads:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories

Good luck! :heart:
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'd love to join this challenge. I'm struggling to lose weight this week, and hope I'm not reaching a plateau. This month i really want to make an effort to eat more vegetables and less chocolate//candy etc.

hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    eleanoreb- Get below 135 pounds, eat more veggies and less chocolate/candy