Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I'd love to join in!

Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    Toshiette - go 120km/75miles this month and get comfortably into the 140s.
    mkingraham- lose 7lbs, run a 5k without stopping, strength train 3 days a week
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    eleanoreb- Get below 135 pounds, eat more veggies and less chocolate/candy
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    seripha - Down to 149 lbs, do the St. Patty's 5K in 30 min and under :)
    Hroush - lose 3 lbs (make goal weight). Continue being a good boy, at in least working out.
    LiL_Fizzy- Lose 10 pounds and do 24 hours of cardio this month.
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
    Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.
    mamabearr- Lose 7-10 lbs. Try to work out at least 5 days a week (even if it's only for 20 minutes) and eat healthier.
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Happy March everybody!!! Will be back after my 5 miler to catch up with everyone!!!

Melissa :heart:

Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    seripha - Down to 149 lbs, do the St. Patty's 5K in 30 min and under :)
    Hroush - lose 3 lbs (make goal weight). Continue being a good boy, at in least working out.
    LiL_Fizzy- Lose 10 pounds and do 24 hours of cardio this month.
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
    Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.
    mamabearr- Lose 7-10 lbs. Try to work out at least 5 days a week (even if it's only for 20 minutes) and eat healthier.
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125 lbs. ; continue to follow Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training (starting week 9-race is on April 2nd); continue to find and try out new recipes for dinner at least 4 nights a week; make time for my family :o)
  • brittfam
    brittfam Posts: 34
    Options
    Im starting out this month really determined. I feel like I have to right mindframe to accomplish my goal of a 8lb loss. ( I just need to stay away from the Teddygrams at night hahah)
    Good luck everyone :) !!!

brittfam- continue to work out 6x's a week, more stength training, goal weight loss for this month is 8lbs
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Just a little friendly reminder, Keep your goals attainable. Shooting too high(even if you have been able to do it before) can set you up for a bad frame of mind when you are not hitting your goals. Trust me coming from someone who is struggling to lose consistantly less is more. Just my 2 cents!

AFM- I am not even going to think about anything negative in my journey today. It is a fresh start and I am doing great today. Feeling a little under the weather so I am going to go home after work and just relax with some yoga. Maybe run to the veggie store to stock up for the next few days. I will at least some some yoga or stretching including some push-ups this evening. I made a yummy seasoned chicken breast that was huge! Should last me most of the week. This afternoon for lunch I have whole wheat spaghetti, with chicken breast and sauteed bell peppers. Sounds yummy! I still have some leftover Pine nut squash lasagna at home which will most likely be dinner with a salad. I want to hit the ground running with positive feelings and thoughts, that is what matters the most.

Question of the Day-
    What have you done today to make you feel good about yourself?
    I decided to not get down on myself about the previous weekend, I am going to only focus on the good things! Life is too good to waste my thoughts on the bad :)
  • emmarie1630
    emmarie1630 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Ok I was definitely MIA this month on the boards-- sorry, I've missed you all! I've still been keeping up with MFP as far as trying to stick to my goals and track my calories I have just been SLAMMED lately with wedding and school stuff. Ahh I definitely need a break soon! Luckily spring break is in less than 2 weeks.

As far as my goals, my scale goal was to lost 3 pounds and I lost 4-- success! I'm really happy about that and hope to keep that going very consistently. I wanted to make sure I got to the gym at least 4 times a week.. I think I only had one week where that didn't happen. Another goal was to cut out diet soda.. oh boy. I'm still working on that but this month was not that great as far as that goal goes. I know I need to cut it out and I definitely will. Drinking more and more water will help with that also, and that was another one of my goals.

My goals this month are going to be pretty similar to my Feb. goals. This month I want to lose at least 4 pounds, gym with strength training at least 4 times a week, make my gym time a little longer each week, tons of water and also I need to find my wedding dress this month! I spent one day trying on wedding dresses a couple weeks ago and I cried. I really hated the way I looked. I'm just gonna have to keep going strong and hopefully I'll be more comfortable when it's time to walk down the aisle in a few months.

Good luck this month, everyone! I'll try not to disappear too much!

brittfam- continue to work out 6x's a week, more stength training, goal weight loss for this month is 8lbs
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, at least 4x a week workout with strength training, lengthen gym time, tons of water- cut out diet soda, find wedding dress
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    QOTD - decided not to feel toooooooo bad about skipping my workout yesterday to sleep. feel a lot more refreshed today than i usually do at work! ready for world domination!

just saw this article online - "Go Easy on Yourself" - http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/28/go-easy-on-yourself-a-new-wave-of-research-urges/?src=me&ref=general

i am not sure if anyone of you celebrate lent. if you are, what are you giving up? i am still thinking about what i am gonna give up for lent.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Meag I think that we are missing a few of the new peeps (edryer, bethleabob??) maybe another 1 or 2 but I cant catch it up...I have got to get ready for work!!

To all newbies-welcome to the group...you have great goals set so far...check this list and make sure you didn't get lost in the shuffle....if you did, copy and past it and readd your name!!

emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, at least 4x a week workout with strength training, lengthen gym time, tons of water- cut out diet soda, find wedding dress
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump for now!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    TJ - I'll try to catch the list up soon. Unfortunately I've got to get ready for work and spent 2 hours tonight at the clinic on account of my foot...

If someone else can double check for me, that'd be great. Goals look wonderful everyone! Keep at it!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    I really slacked off the last few months :( Sorry girls! no weight change though,
    this month I want to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday :S
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    poping in to say hi....off today so only able to post from fiances phone....will do full post with new goals tomorrow...so glass to see new faces and other regulars back!
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    I hope it's ok for another newcomer to jump in!
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hey all- i got the list update (I tracked the thread through, so I think I have everyone, newbs and vets alike)

Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day
    edryer123 March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
    CaptainJim157to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious)
    My update will be below.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 143 lbs and cut down eating out to 1x a week
    Ok so, I am really glad I set some modest goals because I NEEDED it much more than I could have known when I first set my goals. Feb was a short month but it was also a stressful one. I don’t really need to look back at all of the stressors- some were work related, some personal- and I just never got the momentum I was looking for.

So- I made it to 143 mostly (my night weigh ins are about 143.5 right now, so while not official, my morning weigh ins are usually a little lighter)

Eating out once a week I have totally slacked on- I’m still at 2x per week almost like clockwork. I may try to work this down in March, but I just don’t think this one is worth it. I like going out and I’m pretty good at keeping it within my cals.

So! On to March!

My first and biggest goal for March- I am ABANDONING weight/scale goals. I am going to make Sundays my “check in” day. But I’m putting the scale away from today through April 1 (I guess technically April 2).

Which means my focus on non-scale goals is that much more important. So with no further gilding the lily and with no more ado:
    Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious)

Kandace- good luck with rehab! Focus on your recovery and we’ll be here waiting for you when you get back!
    QOTD: Today, what I’m doing for me is going to bed early instead of trying to “squeeze in” a workout. It’s just too early in the week for me to be this tired.

Welcome newbies (and welcome back old hats)! Guys I know this has been said a few times already but PLEASE consider your expectations- 2 lbs per week is a LOT but is on the high end of realistic. I know magazines and media make it easy to think that if we do everything "right" that 10 or 15 lbs is a realistic goal. It's just NOT. Unless you have a very good reason to do otherwise your weight goals should generally be between 2 and 8lbs a month.

Anywho, I am going to try to be better about checking in this month but life is lifey and such things become unpredictable so we'll see.

Good luck everyone!
    Peace,
    ~Gonks
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my goal for February was-
    jnlynch- Be 124 lbs (lose 4 pounds this month), workout at least 4x a week, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, & pack my lunch more often.
    & i accomplished this. My morning weight is now 123 lbs & i'm drinking water, using it as motivation most days by not allowing myself diet soda till i've drank my daily allotment of water lol ;o) & i've been packing my lunch almost every day for school/clinical. This is going to be a big month for me, :o) i finish nursing school on March 21st!
    for March, i want to drop 5 pounds in the next 31 days, workout at least 4x a week, completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays. My reward for this will be buying a VS bathing suit :oD which i've already been online shopping for.

I went through & added the people i noticed didn't copy this but posted their goals, i hope i got every1! :o)

edryer123 March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
    CaptainJim157to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day.
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious).
    jnlynch- lose 5 pounds (be at 118 lbs), workout at least 4x a week; completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays.
  • TiniTurtle
    Options
    i just read through the goal list & a lot of people are aiming for 2+lbs a week lost, that is going to be hard work! good luck! i was thinking losing my 5 lb loss this month was going to be a lot for me & may not be attainable, but i'm content with not reaching my ideal goal this month, though i'll be trying... you know your own bodies & if you have more to lose then it'll come off faster than the stubborn last few i'm trying to get off. i was wondering what you're doing to take off that much so fast & if you're aiming to be healthy & a lifestyle change or are doing a quick fix-fad diet type thing & using mfp to log it? i'm not judging, just curious.

& Question of the Day-
    Today, March 1st- I worked out (30 day shred) even though I was tired & unmotivated tonight & I took the time to do my makeup before clinical (I don't usually bother with more than a little foundation & mascara while at nursing school).
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    i just read through the goal list & a lot of people are aiming for 2+lbs a week lost, that is going to be hard work! good luck! i was thinking losing my 5 lb loss this month was going to be a lot for me & may not be attainable, but i'm content with not reaching my ideal goal this month, though i'll be trying... you know your own bodies & if you have more to lose then it'll come off faster than the stubborn last few i'm trying to get off. i was wondering what you're doing to take off that much so fast & if you're aiming to be healthy & a lifestyle change or are doing a quick fix-fad diet type thing & using mfp to log it? i'm not judging, just curious.

I can only speak for myself on this one, but I am aiming to lose 9 lbs this month. Normally my weight loss goal is 4-5 lbs a month. Buuut, I took a month off of exercising and have been eating like crap for about 2 weeks. I am counting on a "water weight" loss before I get to my REAL weight loss for the month.

To lose weight- I aim for anywhere from 30-90 minutes of exercise a day, with the goal being at least 5 days a week. I count calories and drink my water. I am not 100% on board with the MFP diet plan. It has me at 1200 calories a day, and I just don't agree with that. I am aiming for 1200-1500 right now. I mainly use MFP as a place to track things because I need a sense of accountability right now.
    & Question of the Day-

I was planning on walking today- and jogged instead. And I tackled my kettlebell routine. All in all a good workout day!
  • TiniTurtle
    Options

I can only speak for myself on this one, but I am aiming to lose 9 lbs this month. Normally my weight loss goal is 4-5 lbs a month. Buuut, I took a month off of exercising and have been eating like crap for about 2 weeks. I am counting on a "water weight" loss before I get to my REAL weight loss for the month.

To lose weight- I aim for anywhere from 30-90 minutes of exercise a day, with the goal being at least 5 days a week. I count calories and drink my water. I am not 100% on board with the MFP diet plan. It has me at 1200 calories a day, and I just don't agree with that. I am aiming for 1200-1500 right now. I mainly use MFP as a place to track things because I need a sense of accountability right now.

That makes sense :o) good luck! intaking 1500 is still a deficit from my BMR, so though it'll be slower loss- it is still something, & MFP has me set at 1200 as well. You can change your settings so MFP gives you more calories daily.
  • rmarin18
    rmarin18 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just came across this post & wanted to see if I can still join! I just signed up for MFP this past Friday, and I think this group would be great motivation! My start weight is 150 lbs & I've added my goals to the bottom of your full list!

Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day.
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious).
    jnlynch- lose 5 pounds (be at 118 lbs), workout at least 4x a week; completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays.
    rmarin18- scale: lose 5 lbs, non-scale: Drink at least 72oz of water a day & strength train 2x per week.
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hope it's ok for a new person to join!

I have a few goals for the month of March...

5 lbs weight loss
    Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day. (I have only been able to reach 2 so far LOL)
    Be able to walk 3 miles per day by the end of March.