Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    OK --- PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

If you are joining the challenge anew, and your goal has NOT already been added to the list, PLEASE for-the-love-of-all-things-holy-in-the-world COPY AND PASTE THE ***MOST RECENT*** iteration of the goals list and add YOUR OWN personal goals to the end. With over 20 entries already, it's just impossible to keep things straight unless everyone does this.

/crazy psychotic rant

I really appreciate all the vets helping out to keep this orderly. You are all bringing a smile to my face on a freaking horrible, wretched day. So thank you! :flowerforyou:

And thanks to everyone for their support and well-wishing. It really means a lot to me :smile: Times are tough right now, but I'll persevere. It's just a matter of forgetting about all the awful *kitten* and pushing through it (like a bad-*kitten* 10 mile run) to reap the benefits on the other side. On my way to yoga today I was thinking this might be the misery that I need to finally bite the bullet, take out a student loan, and go back to school once again (3rd time) to do something I truly love or find a way to make my goals a reality. I can't just sit around waiting for something good to happen - I need to do it for myself! We'll see!

Aly - SO true! Being rested and feeling energized is extremely important for your health and well-being. Take it from someone who rarely gets enough sleep - it makes a world of difference! Opting out of a workout every now and again to gain some control, meal plan, rest and get a good nights sleep is so worth it. So good for you, sweetie :drinker:

kbell - Thanks! And good luck with your goals this month. Also, driving a standard car automatically ups your "babe" quotient by at least 10-15%... Just saying :wink: hahahah!

QOTD- What is one thing you are going to do today that will make today a happier day?
    I made gym buddies with a rad-looking older woman in YogaFit today. And I went to Yoga, which made me feel SO much more balanced and relaxed. A lot of weight lifted off my shoulders, at least for an hour. And at the end, I got to lie quietly for a few mins and focus on me, and then on someone in my life that I am truly thankful and appreciative of. Not because of what they do for me, but because of the joy and happiness they bring to my life. I couldn't help but smile :smile: OH - and Survivor tonight - of course! :laugh:

Have a great day, y'all.
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would love to get in on this month's challenge, too!! I have copied and pasted the list and added myself to the bottom!!

Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    Toshiette - go 120km/75miles this month and get comfortably into the 140s.
    mkingraham- lose 7lbs, run a 5k without stopping, strength train 3 days a week
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    eleanoreb- Get below 135 pounds, eat more veggies and less chocolate/candy
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
    brittfam- continue to work out 6x's a week, more stength training, goal weight loss for this month is 8lbs
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, at least 4x a week workout with strength training, lengthen gym time, tons of water- cut out diet soda, find wedding dress
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day
    edryer123 March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
    CaptainJim157to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day.
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious).
    jnlynch- lose 5 pounds (be at 118 lbs), workout at least 4x a week; completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays.
    rmarin18- scale: lose 5 lbs, non-scale: Drink at least 72oz of water a day & strength train 2x per week.
    prila13-5 lbs weight loss, Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day. (I have only been able to reach 2 so far LOL), Be able to walk 3 miles per day by the end of March.
    gofatties-make it to hand stands class 1x a week. and to cut down on late night emotional eating.
    Huni3bee-lose 10lbs, drink 10 cups of water a day instead of 8, and when I walk home I'll take the long way home instead of the shortcut... I'm also going to try and cut back on sugar, I'm going to actually push my self when working out no matter how bad it burns.
    Paigeb15: Drink at least 48 oz of water a day, Maintain 110-115 lbs, Make myself go walk at the park down the street on my lunch on nice days, less alcohol
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125 lbs. ; continue to follow Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training (starting week 9-race is on April 2nd); continue to find and try out new recipes for dinner at least 4 nights a week; make time for my family :o)
    Finncmh- see a loss on the scale, continue lifting 2-4 times a week, run 1-2 times a week, walk to work at least 2 times a week, play outdoors more, keep eating clean! Be supportive on new people on here giving honest opinions and input.
    JacciLatt5- Ive never done this before but here it goes. I want to do the 30 Shred Dvd this month; eat less processed foods; try atleast 2 new workouts; be down @least 4 lbs
    kbellnurse - Get into the 140's! (lose at least 4lbs), workouts 4x/week (at least), school work on EVERY school day - make it to church for at least one Sunday.
    NLG139-I would like to lose 4lbs in March, drink 64oz of water a day, and get in my long runs every weekend (I'm training for a half marthon in May).
    Whitneysaenz - Lose 7 lbs (GW for March 31st: 160lb), drink at least 64oz of water a day, eat more vegetables, and exercise at least 4 days per week!
  • cheralicia
    Options
    Updated with a couple that got lost from page 2

Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
    Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.
    mamabearr- Lose 7-10 lbs. Try to work out at least 5 days a week (even if it's only for 20 minutes) and eat healthier.
    brittfam- continue to work out 6x's a week, more stength training, goal weight loss for this month is 8lbs
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, at least 4x a week workout with strength training, lengthen gym time, tons of water- cut out diet soda, find wedding dress
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day
    edryer123 March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
    CaptainJim157to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day.
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious).
    jnlynch- lose 5 pounds (be at 118 lbs), workout at least 4x a week; completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays.
    rmarin18- scale: lose 5 lbs, non-scale: Drink at least 72oz of water a day & strength train 2x per week.
    prila13-5 lbs weight loss, Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day. (I have only been able to reach 2 so far LOL), Be able to walk 3 miles per day by the end of March.
    gofatties-make it to hand stands class 1x a week. and to cut down on late night emotional eating.
    Huni3bee-lose 10lbs, drink 10 cups of water a day instead of 8, and when I walk home I'll take the long way home instead of the shortcut... I'm also going to try and cut back on sugar, I'm going to actually push my self when working out no matter how bad it burns.
    Paigeb15: Drink at least 48 oz of water a day, Maintain 110-115 lbs, Make myself go walk at the park down the street on my lunch on nice days, less alcohol
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125 lbs. ; continue to follow Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training (starting week 9-race is on April 2nd); continue to find and try out new recipes for dinner at least 4 nights a week; make time for my family :o)
    Finncmh- see a loss on the scale, continue lifting 2-4 times a week, run 1-2 times a week, walk to work at least 2 times a week, play outdoors more, keep eating clean! Be supportive on new people on here giving honest opinions and input.
    JacciLatt5- Ive never done this before but here it goes. I want to do the 30 Shred Dvd this month; eat less processed foods; try atleast 2 new workouts; be down @least 4 lbs
    kbellnurse - Get into the 140's! (lose at least 4lbs), workouts 4x/week (at least), school work on EVERY school day - make it to church for at least one Sunday.
    NLG139-I would like to lose 4lbs in March, drink 64oz of water a day, and get in my long runs every weekend (I'm training for a half marthon in May).
    Whitneysaenz - Lose 7 lbs (GW for March 31st: 160lb), drink at least 64oz of water a day, eat more vegetables, and exercise at least 4 days per week!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    @ atrayubrandy- i'm sorry your day was stressful & i'm glad you took it out on the elliptical & had the self-control to not binge on yummy frosting :o) what is the cake for? i hope it isn't sitting in your kitchen taunting you lol

@ meagalayne- i've been praying for your foot & i'm sorry about that news! ideas for work outs that wouldn't be stressful on your foot; like pilates or yoga to focus on flexibility & strength?

@ jaccilatt5- you'll love the shred, good luck! :oD

& QOTD- What is one thing you are going to do/did today that will make today a happier day?
    Today was a long one for me (had half of the med cart all to myself for the first time at nursing clinical) and I am anxious about going to court tomorrow morning (for a car accident I was in almost 4 years ago), so when I got home tonight, I had a late lunch with my mom at Moe's (Close Talker Salad :oD yum!) & a long talk on the phone with my best friend from college & once I'm done on mfp, I intend to curl up with a big mug of tea & my Nook until I get the motivation up to do my 30 Day Shred workout. :o)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    let's try this yet again!! LOL updated list (including me!)

mamabearr- Lose 7-10 lbs. Try to work out at least 5 days a week (even if it's only for 20 minutes) and eat healthier.
    DowntimeDesings-Start and stick with insanity workouts
    SexyInASizeSix-lose 15lbs, and drink 10 glasses of water per day
    tjradd73-to lose 6lbs, drink 80ozs of water/day, 3 days of arms/week, and burn at least 5,000 calories/month
  • tjradd73
    Options
    MY FEB goals/results were as follows: to lose 6lbs (lost -6.4lbs), to drink 80ozs of water/day (check), 3 days of arms/wk (check), 3 days of abs/wk (check), and to burn 1000 cals/wk (check)!! SO...all in all...great month!!

My March goals are added to the above list!

Let's rock it this month ladies (and our new gents)!!
  • rivingtonst
    rivingtonst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    tjradd73-to lose 6lbs, drink 80ozs of water/day, 3 days of arms/week, and burn at least 5,000 calories/month
    rivingtonst-I'm doing the 4x4, haha, In the next 4 weeks I will: lose 4lbs, workout 4x week, and make 4 new recipes.
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    hahaha....love the 4x4 reference....cute!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! March 2nd and already on the 4th page....welcome to all of the newcomers! I say this EVERY month...this is a very supportive and motivating thread! We will support you but we will also tell you how it is...sometimes we all need a reality check! :grumble: Helps to keep things in perspective!!!

Meag-I thought about you today while cursing at the TM doing my killer intervals! Sorry about your foot hoping you'll find some comfort with that and your job. I do think you would make an AWESOME trainer/nutritionalist/cook (I'd hire ya!! :laugh: )

Tara-great job meeting your goals and WOW!!! 5000 calories burned...might have to take you up on that one! Thank goodness I have long runs once a week-there's an easy 1000 burned!!!

QOTD: The one thing that I did today to make myself happier-cranked my kids' music in the car and we all sang very loudly to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the way home from school :laugh:

AFM: I started week 9 of my 1/2 marathon training this week. Today was my interval run- 9x 400's. I ran the 400's in groups of 3. First 3 @ 7 mph, 2nd 3 @ 7.5 mph, and last 3 @ 8 mph. I ran my recoveries at 6 mph plus a 5 min WU/CD. Total of 5.25 miles in 50:30. So all in all a great run on the TM. Enjoyed a Meag inspired Green Monster :drinker: after my run and had a tofu scramble for dinner!!! YUMMY!!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!!!
    :heart: Melissa
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't had the chance to check in with you all yet! The beginnings of my weeks this semester are sooooo busy. Usually can't spend the time replying to this thread until Thursdays. But I've got some down time in the editing room - so I'm going to try to review Feb and set up my goals for March.

FEBRUARY RECAP:
    - Checking in: I checked in with this thread more consistently - and even better, when life got in the way, I came back to it once I had sorted everything.
    - Cardio: I had one of the most active months of my life once the semester started. I've had a significant amount of cardio 4-6x a week (depending on the week) since the beginning of February. This is the first month that I've met my cardio goal for each week!!!
    - Fitness Challenges: I am on W3 of C25K. I have worked it into my schedule fairly well, and will NOT be stopping any time soon. Push-Up Challenge I think I am not going to continue. I'll do sets of pushups every once in a while if my arms aren't too beat from yoga, but this challenges is definitely not for me right now.
    - Unhealthy snacking: YIKES! this was my Achilles heel for the month. Did ok some days, did aweful on others.
    - Add veggies to meals: My most successful one of these was adding spinach to my sandwiches. Decided I like it better wilted. Used the last of it yesterday, so my sandwich today had no spinach - I missed it!
    - New healthy recipes: I managed 2 this month - 1 dinner and 1 baked good. I mostly just cooked old favorites.
    - Weight: :grumble: My weight went up in the first two weeks of Feb and by the end of it, I had lost most of that. Netted a .4 lb gain. Not horrible, but it's definitely making me want to work harder this month!!

MARCH GOALS:

- Check in with this thread 3-4x a week.
    - 30 min of cardio 4x a week (increase from last time!)
    - Continue C25K - reach W4 by Spring Break!
    - Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day
    - Add veggies that wouldn't normally be there to at least one meal a day.
    - Try one new healthy recipe a week
    - Lose 1lb a week and maintain over Spring Break for a total of 3lbs. MarchSW = 155.4.

:happy: Meredith
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    rivingtonst-I'm doing the 4x4, haha, In the next 4 weeks I will: lose 4lbs, workout 4x week, and make 4 new recipes.
    stuartme123: Check in with this thread 3-4x a week.- 30 min of cardio 4x a week - Continue C25K - reach W4 by Spring Break! - Curb unhealthy snacking - - Add veggies - Try one new healthy recipe a week - Lose 1lb a week and maintain over Spring Break for a total of 3lbs. MarchSW = 155.4.
  • runteachrun
    Options
    i'm in! how awesome! i'm gonna start training for a half marathon this month, so this will motivate me for sure!

SW: 249.2 (1/2/08)
    Lowest: 160.1 (5/1/10)
    CW: 197.2 (3/3/10)
    Goal: 160...

For the month, I want to lose 15 pounds!
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    Hello all! I'm feeling pretty good about today, I guess. I got my 64oz of water in and ran a 5K on the treadmill. Had a bit of a rough day with some other stuff- but fitness is going good at least!
    QOTD- What is one thing you are going to do today that will make today a happier day?

Running tonight! Like I said, today was a bit rough. In addition to the emotional stuff- I overslept so I didn't get a morning workout & I had Scouts with my son so I didn't get home early. I found myself moping around on the couch after the kids went to bed so I jumped on the treadmill. DEFINITELY improves my mood!

Meggonkgonk- I love your "non scale focus" for March, you've got some fantastic goals!

Jnlynch- Thanks for the tips on changing the goals. I've been up and down weight wise over the years and I know what works for me. It's definitely eating a bit more than MFP recommends. BUT- accountability works for me too! That's why I'm glad I found this place.

Atrayubrandy- it definitely sounds like you handled your stressful day well. I cannot bake without over indulging- so I am impressed with you!

KanCrav- good luck with spin! I've heard great things about it, but I am not personally a fan. I know a lot of people who get positively addicted to it though! They must know something I don't:tongue:

Meagalayne- Thanks for the welcome. I'm sorry about the disappointing news from the doctor- it sounds like you have a lot to wrap your head around right now. I can't imagine being told to not run. There are times I really slack off- but the thought of just NOT running scares me!

Finncmh- I am having trouble getting back into a good yoga routine. I have a love/hate relationship with yoga- but I miss it!

DowntimeDesigns- have you tried the Insanity dvd's before or is this your first time with them? I have been debating getting them for awhile now- I just don't know if I would be able to stick with the same program for so long. Good luck.
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Starting off the month well. Yesterday I started the c25k, and today I started level 2 of the 30 day shred. Ouch! I've been trying to drink more water, and working on trying new foods and recipes. In the last few days I tried Chia seeds and spaghetti squash, and I also tried a green monster for the first time yesterday. Yum!

Meag-I'm sorry about the news on your foot as well. We are thinking of you, and I hope some good news comes your way soon!

jnlynch- I love my nook, and a good cup of hot tea! Your graduation is coming soon! It's so exciting!

Kandace- Great job on the spin class. That is such a hard workout, you rock.

gonk- I'm with you, not focusing on the scale. I'm not even sure I will weigh myself until the end of the month.

Melissa- your run sounds intense! Great job!

I know this will sound a little cheesy, but I worked hard to smile with all my patients today. It was a busy day, but I tried to let my patient's know they were important to me. At the end of the day when I said goodbye. Their positive feedback was my reward, a smile and a thanks!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I almost got to my weight goal- but have been TERRIBLE about drinking water, especially when/if I don't go to the gym!

stuartme123: Check in with this thread 3-4x a week.- 30 min of cardio 4x a week - Continue C25K - reach W4 by Spring Break! - Curb unhealthy snacking - - Add veggies - Try one new healthy recipe a week - Lose 1lb a week and maintain over Spring Break for a total of 3lbs. MarchSW = 155.4.
    hilhall822: up the water intake- be better about precooking meals so I don't snack all day!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    adding runteachrun...

hilhall822: up the water intake- be better about precooking meals so I don't snack all day!
    runteachrun-For the month, I want to lose 15 pounds!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Melissa-first off...Great job on your run! and that 5,000 cals is only for the month, and not per week!! I sometimes feel like I don't work out nearly as much as everyone else on mfp or even on this thread...but I burned 4560 calories in February and so I thought that 5,000 would be a good new goal for the month. My 30 min workouts 3-4 times/week should get me there no prob! thanks :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! My goals: stop bingeing. Work out 3-4 days a week. Track ALL foods every day.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    adding peachyxoxoxo...

runteachrun-For the month, I want to lose 15 pounds!
    peachyxoxoxo-stop bingeing. Work out 3-4 days a week. Track ALL foods every day.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Everyon!!

This morning I complete W7D1 of C25K. I mean holy smokes since when can I run 2.5 miles without stopping?????? Apparently since today!!! I am just so excited. For some people (not all my supportive peeps here) this may seem silly, but for me this is totally awesome!! Before I know it I will be able to run a 5k without stopping and then I will start working on my speed. The best part- it takes me about 30 minutes to run 2.5 miles based on my pace (5 mph) so if I was going by time on C25K I would be completing it!! But I am going by distance so that is more my focus.

So as I continue this running battle, for those of you i.e. meag, gonks, melissa- who ae runners already- how do I get faster? Once I hit my 5k mark I want to work on the speed and then I might consider tackling a 10k program. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

As for my clean eating- tried out a new recipe last night- Pork Tenderloin with lemony pear and cranberry relish- Delicious! I also had some brown rice to go along with it. The pork tenderloin and relish was only 280 for one serving. Once I get home I will get to posting some more recipes. I have tried several others that I think are really good but have posted all of them yet!

Any who- off to work I go! Have a great day everyone!!

Megan