12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 10 Wks To Go! (Don't post on

Options

Replies

• bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    anyone doing or has anyone done hip hop abs??? Did you get good results? Just wondering Thanks
  • tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am going to start tracking all of my little 'extras' like the 10 calories of cream in my coffee every morning.

I am going to stop going out for lunch whenever I am asked by a coworker

I am heading on a weekend trip to the 'big city' to do some shopping, I am going to find a heart rate monitor, and some exercise videos.

I need suggestions for what to buy. I have problems with my hips and knees. I can work with the hips, but can't do a lot of bending or kneeling. Please give me some ideas, if you have them. What are the best exercise videos. I do attend Zumba and quite enjoy it.

Thanks.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    woot woot ! Congrats to all the losers and keep pushing even if you didn't lose! Everyone is different, as long as you put your mind to it you will meet your goals!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This week I will stop living out of the laundry baskets and start folding it right away.

Have a great week everyone!
    OMG i so do that too hahaha
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    FYI: If you've joined up to this point or changed your weight/goals (or I didn't update your info last week) I have you on the chart.

Great job to everybody this week!!! Keep it up!

Random question of the day: What is your favorite low-calorie/healthy snack?
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

Sweet Snack: Archer's Farms freeze dried peaches. They are soooooo delicious! Taste like candy (to me). You could eat the entire bag and it is less than 180 calories. I usually have 4-5 pieces which is about 30 cals. (Higher in carbs if your are watching those)

Salty Snack: Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge and Special K Crackers. The cheese is only 35 calories for a wedge (lots of different flavors) and the crackers (multi-grain or savory herb) are only 90 calories for 17 crackers. (Higher in sodium if you are watching that)
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:

STOP something and START something.

Stop doing something negative and start doing something positive.

I will stop procrastinating finishing my final paper. I will add 30 more min of exercise.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Sweet Snack: Archer's Farms freeze dried peaches. They are soooooo delicious! Taste like candy (to me). You could eat the entire bag and it is less than 180 calories. I usually have 4-5 pieces which is about 30 cals. (Higher in carbs if your are watching those)

Salty Snack: Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge and Special K Crackers. The cheese is only 35 calories for a wedge (lots of different flavors) and the crackers (multi-grain or savory herb) are only 90 calories for 17 crackers. (Higher in sodium if you are watching that)

I love those crackers and cheese and make them a part of my lunch every day.
    my fav snack is a caramel rice cake with a tsp of almond butter less than 100 calories
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I honestly have to say that I don't know. I pretty much eat whatever, but in moderation. I really don't like chips, but I have been snacking on Sour Cream & Onion Pringles lately. The Laughing Cow Cheese sounds good but I've never tried it. I think I might be able to benefit from this question with you guy's answers. Looking forward to reading them and getting ideas. :)
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Start: I will start using my reformer again as I need to get more stretched these days..
    Stop: I will stop negative behaviour before it "starts" by avoiding sabotaging myself.

Heathy snack/low calorie...
    Well one of my favourite snacks is Wild Roots coastal berry trail mix... it isn't low calorie, as it is 210 cal per 1/3 of a cup, but I am satisfied and full after it. I buy it at costco and pre-measure it into 1/3 cup servings in snack bags.
    Or, apple wedges dipped in nut butter.
  • glfdva
    glfdva Posts: 6
    Options
    I wll post my weight on Thursday! I weighed last week, but got distracted in the AM and left town in afternoon and got home late Sunday night....forgot to log back in....excuses, excuses...

I will STOP making excuses for not tracking, not exercising, not counting calories...EVERYBODY is busy!!!
    I will START a grocery shopping list and STICK to it in the store!!

Favorite healthy snack: My favorite is either an apple with PB or grapes with a string cheese.
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    my healthy snack

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, and one single serve cup any flaovor sugar free jello, filling yet sweet snack less than 100 calories and only 4 grams of carbs :D Black cherry is my favorite jello. to mix with.. Love it
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:

STOP something and START something.

Stop doing something negative and start doing something positive.

STOP worrying/stressing/obsessing over things I can't control and START focusing on the things I can! :happy:
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am going to stop drinking coke and I am going to start being more productive with my time! :)
  • EmRN06
    EmRN06 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Irene_1
    Irene_1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn as a low calorie snack.
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    My Favorite low calorie snack is the seaweed snacks from Trader Joes. I got this idea from my students. We teach healthy eating at the school, so kids aren't allowed to bring junk food. A lot of them bring in the seaweed.

I also like plain non-fat greek yogurt with raspberries and a little tiny bit of honey.
  • price805
    price805 Posts: 20
    Options
    Challenge:

Stop- procrastinating on my homework for my grad class so I can actually get in bed at a decent time.
    Start- cleaning the house every week instead of just when company is coming.

Favorite healthy snack:

Raw blackberries...yum yum!
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Right now my snack kick is baby carrots with marzetti fat free southwestern veggie dip. I'm trying hard to break an out of control snack habit at the office so I needed something that I could eat often without any guilt and without blowing my dinner calories.

Favorite at home snack right now is blueberries and strawberries.....they have been really good the last few weeks!
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Current weight 185
    Goal weight by 6/9: 170