Tell Me Something Surprising About Yourself

Options

Replies

• siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    -I told my mom at 14 I was going to go and visit dad (he lived in another country at the time) when I really just wanted to get in the plane & run away with my boyfriend who happen to live in the same country that my dad did =P

I have never lived with my parents after that!!! Had my first child when I was 16 !
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I lose my voice every summer from training Dragon Boat teams.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Ok...hmmm....

~I loathe the sound of people eating, it makes my skin crawl. I have to mute commercials when they are loudly eating, and will boycott a restaurant or product if they intentionally focus on the sound of drinking/eating.

~I hate people to touch my hair, nails and teeth...so going to the dentist, getting my hair done, and having a mani/pedi is really, really hard (I always go to the dentist every 6 months though!).

~I actually am an Irish dancer, and started when I was 35. I have competed, and have a ton of medals (ok that sounded like I was bragging :wink: ). My teacher was the "Lord" in The Lord of the Dance (Vegas). I will keep doing it until I am too old to do it, it is amazing!

~I am 5'9" but my wingspan is 5"11"....so finding jackets/shirts etc...is almost impossible!!

~At one point I was the only married person in my family (including uncles, aunts, cousins, mother, etc...).
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    <--- self proclaimed Humanist. Only surprising because I live in a very conservative state/city

I'm an out-of-the-closet atheist living in rural-ish Georgia!!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I am also really claustrophobic, hate the sound of styrofoam rubbing together, and HAVE to change the toilet paper if it is not going over the top, wherever I go(and I mean in public restrooms too-bleck).
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok...hmmm....

~I loathe the sound of people eating, it makes my skin crawl. I have to mute commercials when they are loudly eating, and will boycott a restaurant or product if they intentionally focus on the sound of drinking/eating.

~I hate people to touch my hair, nails and teeth...so going to the dentist, getting my hair done, and having a mani/pedi is really, really hard (I always go to the dentist every 6 months though!).

~I actually am an Irish dancer, and started when I was 35. I have competed, and have a ton of medals (ok that sounded like I was bragging :wink: ). My teacher was the "Lord" in The Lord of the Dance (Vegas). I will keep doing it until I am too old to do it, it is amazing!

~I am 5'9" but my wingspan is 5"11"....so finding jackets/shirts etc...is almost impossible!!

~At one point I was the only married person in my family (including uncles, aunts, cousins, mother, etc...).

OH my gosh HATE the sound of people eating soooooo much. Liked the movie "Julie and Julia" but couldn't take the mouth noises! Close your mouth and don't put a mic there!!!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I had 4 kids in 5 years. The first was born in Florida, the second and third in South Africa and the last in Canada. :happy:

I'm with the lady that hasn't had a pap smear, I have had 2 and don't have plans for any more though I know I should so don't yell at me. :blushing:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat if someone is talking about sex. So no food/sex combo for me haha. It just turns my stomache idk why :P
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have broken all of my fingers but one..I have broken my left wrist..both my knee caps are off balance and the doctors still don't know how I'm walking..I broke my leg bodyboarding. And I can't count how many times I've broken my toes and had to tape them together..LOL

I have anxiety hearing or thinking about the heart how it functions or blood pressure or heart rate. I can't hear a heart rate it sends me into a anxiety attack...and feeling my own pulse does the same thing.(However, I am training myself to overcome this fear because you can't work out and not feel it..so its gotten ALOT better..but two years ago I would have been a mess)
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    my genes hate me, I swear i got every bad trait i could get from my mom and dad, I got my dads hairyness (Sp?) literally i shave and wax every single day, My dads gap teeth in the front (although I'm getting it filled soon yay!) , my moms shortness (5'1), my dads acne, my knees bulge in a bit and my calves curve out, I got my dads square jaw (like that looks great on a woman??) and broad shoulders... I'm just a mess of WTF lollll
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Ok...hmmm....

OH my gosh HATE the sound of people eating soooooo much. Liked the movie "Julie and Julia" but couldn't take the mouth noises! Close your mouth and don't put a mic there!!!

Yes, yes, yes!!! I swear it makes my ears bleed....I am noise sensitive anyway, so "please enhance that horrible sound even more" :mad:
  • arussell53
    arussell53 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know how to knit. And can take out a 300m target with an M16.
  • lesleya859
    Options
    i was told i would need 2 new knees in 5 yrs , that was 5 yrs ago at least,
    i do zumba( moky ) if you want to see what it is google moky zumba its great fun 4 times a week
    and love walking i was a fell walker i live in the lakedistrict in cumbria
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I enjoy smoking a good quality cigar at least once per month and Im always a lady about it...lol:wink:

Im also a V C U Alumni... Final Four Baby! Go RAMS!!!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I'm single
  • swells123
    swells123 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have been with my husband since November 28th, 1992 got married November 28th, 2006 and we are still in love today almost 19 years later!!!:love:
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I won a plaque with a gold pickle on it for broker rep of the year in 1995 for a pickle manufacturer. Pretty sad that was the most unique thing I could thing of. It hangs on my office wall today.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I won a plaque with a gold pickle on it for broker rep of the year in 1995 for a pickle manufacturer. Pretty sad that was the most unique thing I could thing of. It hangs on my office wall today.

I would say that a golden pickle plaque is pretty unique!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I don't like when any body parts hang off the side of the bed (like something under the bed is going to get me)

I was born on St. Patrick's Day, my favorite day of the year.

My uncle was a drummer for Vicki Sue Robinson... hopefully some of you know who that is (Turn the Beat Around)

:flowerforyou:

the bed thing----ME TOO! My husband thinks Im nuts!

Me too about the bed! In fact, if I have to get out of bed after dark, I kinda jump far away! :( I watched Poltergeist when I was little and the clown came to life dragged that boy under his bed. 20+ years later and I'm still freaked out by it.

Glad I am not the only one! LOL
  • caws1111
    caws1111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have never been stung by a bee!