MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    30 more minutes to make it 90/200!
    I also met my one day goal of 12 cups of water... I feel like that's too much, lol, so I won't be doing 12 again. 8-10 is more my style.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Goal for this week: 5000+ steps/day
    Monday - 5361
    Tuesday - 5789
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Goal for this week: 5000+ steps/day
    Monday - 5361
    Tuesday - 5789

WTG!!! That's a great goal. Do you work? What kind of job do you have if you do?

I have a mostly sedentary job. My employer started a challenge called "Shape Up the Nation" so I've been wearing a pedometer since the beginning of my journey (3/7/11). I've been getting around 5,000... some days it's more and some days it's less. Today I got in 7,922! The most I've ever had... it's tough to move this big body so I am impressed with myself. LOL
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Made it to the pool, so I am at 85/175. I found out that Friday I am going to be supervising my high school students doing demolition of a park as a community project, so I will probably go way over my goal.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I got in a 15 min Wii Active work out and walked about a mile at Walmart getting groceries today.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I survived work without telling the girl off so it was a successful day! :D Now I'm making a yummy dinner (mini pizza margheritas!) and straightening things up around the house!
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies

I'm just getting started really and am finding MFP really helpful.
    I'm fairly fit, kinda, doing volleyball on Tuesdays (30 mins) and soccer on Thursdays (30mins x2).
    I aim to go for a stroll at work for at least 10 mins per day and...
    *** my target is to ride 40km (total including there and back) on Mondays, with my husband to work.
    I have a feeling that just a little bit of extra exercise will tip me over the edge and that I'll be able to lose quite quickly.
    I'm not into super low carbs or any fad diets, and don't want to kick myself if I make a mistake with my food choices.
    I do want to eat more salad, but haven't set myself a specific goal. All I know is that it makes a good yummy snack that makes me feel virtuous rather than bad:)
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    Hey ladies

I'm just getting started really and am finding MFP really helpful.
    I'm fairly fit, kinda, doing volleyball on Tuesdays (30 mins) and soccer on Thursdays (30mins x2).
    I aim to go for a stroll at work for at least 10 mins per day and...
    *** my target is to ride 40km (total including there and back) on Mondays, with my husband to work.
    I have a feeling that just a little bit of extra exercise will tip me over the edge and that I'll be able to lose quite quickly.
    I'm not into super low carbs or any fad diets, and don't want to kick myself if I make a mistake with my food choices.
    I do want to eat more salad, but haven't set myself a specific goal. All I know is that it makes a good yummy snack that makes me feel virtuous rather than bad:)

Welcome!! I hope you find our community fun and helpful!! This has been a great place to talk about successes and slip-ups and everything else! I love this thread!
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of short term goals. I had been doing well since I started in January but in the last week I have reverted back to all my old habits. :grumble: This week my goal is to exercise at least three days during the week. I did hop on the treadmill Monday night for 25 minutes and my plan is go to spin class tomorrow night, and a yoga CD Thursday morning.
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 3 under my calorie goal. Today seemed like less of a struggle to accomplish that. I did not exercise, but I did spend a good amount of time moving some bedroom furniture around. Tomorrow I'm getting a new bed and mattress!! So excited because my old one was hurting me. Tonight I'll be sleeping on the floor with lots of pillows. Hope I can move in the morning.

Good job this week all!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    It's official. My scale and I are not speaking.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options

Give it a couple days off for your sanity! *hugs* Trust me, I know the pull of it whether we like it or not!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Ugh....Having another week to forget, have been living at the hospital for the last two days while my partner was waiting for surgery, which he finally got today after two days of fasting...Poor Man.

On the plus I haven't eaten any chips, so woooo! go me :)

Hope everyone else is smashing through this week!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in on Wednesday morning :)
    2 - 40 second planks :)
    2 - 25 in and out crunches.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options

Give it a couple days off for your sanity! *hugs* Trust me, I know the pull of it whether we like it or not!

I think I'll hide the scale tonight when I get home and pull it out on Saturday morning (the day I wanted to meet my first goal). Or better yet, I will have my daughter hide it so that I won't find it! :laugh:
  • Noz7
    Options

ROFL!

Don't worry, mine has been going up and down heaps. Between sweating while exercising and pee-ing I can vary by like 1kilogram!
  • Noz7
    Options
    Today was a funny old day. I had what I thought would be a nice healthy breakfast, but it was a bit smaller than usual and I ended up starving at 11am. So I had some snacks of homemade pizza and healthy pumpkin soup (sister in law provided kindly)... then my friend twisted my rubber arm to go out for Yum Cha (asian dim sum) and forced me to eat various yummy things.
    Had a coffee out and had to try some of the lovely rissotto my sister in law had made, then had as small a 'proper' dinner at home as I could (1 1/2 sausages and salad)...
    *Kind of like two dinners and two lunches!!!
    Still, portion sizes came to my rescue...
    Managed to come in over my goal, but very very close to maintenance calories. In fact, slightly under!
    I'm still getting used to not eating whatever I want, whenever I want in the most gluttonous way possible! :devil:
    Well, I count today as a win as if every day were like today, I'd be losing in the long term.
    Yay.
    And I claim retrospective zig zag dieting :laugh:
    Tomorrow I'll be in at work and will try for my normal good fast walk up and back from the main part of campus and regular healthy meals that are satisfying!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Okay guys... I can't hide behind my one little picture. Here is a body shot taken after my first week on MFP. Don't be fooled... I carry a lot of weight in my butt. You just can't see it in this picture.
    5445237_7845.jpg
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    125/200 minutes
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'M ALIVE & KIKKIN' AND SUPER BUS!! WILL MAKE TIME SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!

I READ, BUT CAN'T RESPOND. nOT HAVING A GOOD WEEK AND THAT TICKS ME OFF. One bad week is all I need every 3 months!! :-(

KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!!!