How often do you work out?

Options
Life can get so crazy that it's hard to find time/energy to work out. But, as we all know, any amount of exercise--even if it's less than desired-- is a personal accomplishment. It's YOUR time to do something healthy for YOU. So, considering my insane grad school schedule (ahhhh!!!!!) here's my weekly "me" time....

Tuesday: 60 minute Zumba class
Thursday: 30 minutes of a cardio machine followed by a 60 minute Body Pump class
Saturday: 45minute Zumba class

What's yours? :-)

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    At least 3 days. I looked at your schedule. Add 30 mins of strenght training to tuesday and saturday or change it around. What is yur goal with this schedule; to tone or loose lbs?
  • LMG0511
    LMG0511 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Typically 5-6 days a week, depending on how my body feels.

2-3 days is weight training, the other is cardio/pilates, etc.

I pack my gym bag and go straight from work (and pick up a cup of coffee for energy if I need it!)

Also..I TOTALLY know what you mean about a crazy school schedule- I'm in school full time and working full time...the gym is the only ME time I usually get- therefore I am VERY protective of it! Good luck! :)
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    At this point my goal is to tone more than it is to lose....
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    6 days a week (7 days if I don't have a "cheat" day)

I will do cardio and mix in strength training. more cardio than strength though
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I workout everyday

Weight train different muscle groups everyday
    HIIT 3 days a week
    Yoga on Sundays
  • DaniJeanine
    Options
    Typically 5-6 days a week, depending on how my body feels.

Good for you girl! 5-6 days a week on top of full time work and school? That's inspiring!
  • Lindsay7360
    Options
    5 days minimum for me, no exceptions.

S, M, W, Th, Sa

3x a week I do c25k, so running/walking for about 40 minutes. And then I try to strength train 2x per week.

Try to spend about an hour at the gym each day I'm there.

It's working! Since I upped my workouts this past week, I've lost 2.2lbs. :)
  • pattyisinaz
    pattyisinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri: Boot Camp for 60 min
    Sat: 6-8 mile run
    Sun: Off :o)
  • SueSee
    SueSee Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm just getting started here. I have a lot of back and neck problems, so haven't started any strength training yet. Right now I work on the Elliptical machine every morning and night for 20 to 30 minutes each, varying my workout from easy to hard. Somedays I'll get in 60 minutes total and somedays 45 or 50. Sometimes on the 45 minute workout day I'll have a higher total calorie burn. I've just ordered the Zumba dvd series so I can start toning in addition to the Elliptical.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    Then I would ditch the classes and weight train and then do my own cardio or if you love the classes stick to one and the other 2 days concentrate on full body workouts. Bodyrock.tv has awesome stuff. Youtube bodyrock.tv for her older workouts.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Was working out 5-6 days a week, now only working out 3-4 days a week
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i workout almost everyday...i run and tone. i workout every where. when my boys play hockey, i run around the rink. i steal moments in line at the grocery store (leg lifts...lol...), we'll stop for a treat at tim hortons and while my boys eat their donut, i'll do crunches and planks on the grass...there's lotsa spare moments durning any busy day to squeeze in exercise!!!!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't have school, but I work full-time. I am however blessed, as I walk home (30 minutes) each day and my gym and swimming pool are on the way!

I do cardio at the gym (mostly elliptical but some stationary biking) for 45 minutes on Mondays and Fridays.
    Pilates for an hour on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
    Swimming for an hour on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and aquafit for an hour on Sundays.

I don't always make Friday or Saturday if weekend plans interfere (this week I won't get my Friday workout in).

Providing my physiotherapist gives me the OK on Friday (which is why I'm missing my workout) I hope to start a kettlebells class on Mondays instead of my cardio and maybe body combat on Tuesdays.
  • DaniJeanine
    Options
    Then I would ditch the classes and weight train and then do my own cardio or if you love the classes stick to one and the other 2 days concentrate on full body workouts. Bodyrock.tv has awesome stuff. Youtube bodyrock.tv for her older workouts.

Thank you for the advice! I really do love Zumba so I think what I may try is adding weight training before Zumba on one of the days and then add Sunday as my full body toning day. Seeing how often everyone works out is really motivating me. I'm DEF gonna YouTube those videos too....
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Monday: 60 min Zumba
    Tues: Anywhere from 30-55 mins weights: Either 30 Day shred, or a P90X
    Wed: -0-
    Thurs: 60 min Zumba
    Fri -0-
    Sat: 60 min Zumba
    Sun: Pilates or off.

I'm guessing I probably should drop a Zumba and add more weight training. Any thoughts on that? I've got about 10 more pounds to lose and it's slow going! :ohwell:
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    Options
    I workout everyday, but I'm not seeing results like I think I should be seeing. Trying to understand what I'm doing wrong, I change my routine daily so my body dosen't get use it. Please help if you have any ideas,
  • DaniJeanine
    Options
    i workout almost everyday...i run and tone. i workout every where. when my boys play hockey, i run around the rink. i steal moments in line at the grocery store (leg lifts...lol...), we'll stop for a treat at tim hortons and while my boys eat their donut, i'll do crunches and planks on the grass...there's lotsa spare moments durning any busy day to squeeze in exercise!!!!

Love this! I need to start "stealing" workouts during the day!
  • glendadykstra
    Options
    I do 2 X a day 7 days a week. I have to lose weight and tone. Elliptical in the morning for myself. Walking/hiking evenings with husband and grandson to help even more. At 53, I have to jump in with both feet and convince myself I like this. :) anything can help though.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Routine now:

Monday - body balance (Yoga)
    Tuesday - Spinning
    Wednesday - c25k run, general gym work
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - c25k run, general gym work
    Saturday - spinning, 4 mile walk
    Sunday - c25k run, general gym work, 3 mile walk
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    To the woman who posted this: I workout everyday, but I'm not seeing results like I think I should be seeing. Trying to understand what I'm doing wrong, I change my routine daily so my body dosen't get use it. Please help if you have any ideas,

What are you doing and how long?