Who seen it first????

Options
13»

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No one noticed, but I think I lost it all in my chest, so I guess comments would be inappropriate!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I believe it was my boss.... he said he noticed my weight loss then asked me if I was sick and was going to be able to continue to do my job.
    LOL
    Nice of him to be concerned, but wasn't exactly the sort of positive feedback I would have hoped for!

I've asked people if they're sick before - not quite that bluntly. But when I was younger, I lost 30 pounds in two weeks, and kept losing after that. I was in a severe depression, and no one ever asked how I was, they just kept telling me how great I looked. I hated it.
  • cbamford
    cbamford Posts: 1
    Options
    my housemates say they can tell but see me everyday and know to the pound how much weight i've lost so may just be saying it, my parents noticed when i last went home but again they knew i was loosing weight. i'm waiting for my boss to notice as they don't know i've been trying and i only work holidays so they haven't seen me for 3 months (29lbs!!!)
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Bump
  • dolphinie13
    dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My co-workers first, and then my family. Everyone has been really supportive of my weight loss. I have also been very public about it this time. This is my true lifestyle change. 30 lbs down!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 20 but i'm very overweight, so 20 really doesn't show. I think it will take 30 for me for people to start noticing, and 50 for everyone to notice. Suckage! lol.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My dad was the first to notice.
    Lately it seems like not much change is happening but the guy I'm dating says he can see a difference every time he sees me, which is about once every week or two.
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    My ESL student noticed first at about 10 pounds lost. She made a squeezing motion with her hands and said, "Look very good." Then I went home and really looked at my face, and I agreed--I was thinner. Then my husband said he noticed, but I'm not sure that he has or if he was being nice. I think it really is noticeable in my face after 15 pounds lost, though. Just my face. But that's it so far. But it felt good for my student to spontaneously say something because she didn't know that I was trying to lose weight.
  • Southern_Bell
    Southern_Bell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old daughter said to me the other day, "mom u gettin skinny". Lol ! I laughed and gave her a big hug and kiss
  • bhonniered
    bhonniered Posts: 228
    Options
    For me it was my husband who came up and said he can see my waist again. :laugh: But the best one was a week later I had run an errand at work to another part of the facility and when I got back to my desk a co-worker called to ask if I had lost weight. She saw me from across the parking lot and noticed the difference. It rocked! :bigsmile:
  • dragonairis
    dragonairis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today I had my first person comment. I have been having a really bad week - eating out and badly, feeling emotionally wrung out and just plain gross. Wasn't even feeling pretty today. Was passing by my coworkers door while she was chatting with the boss man. So I stopped for a minute to say hello. She said, 'Boss man, why don't you tell her how pretty she looks today? Can't you see she's been losing weight?" I was like, oh stop, you're just saying that. She told me no, haven't you been losing weight? I can tell!

I really needed that today!!!
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    TBH I hate people commenting on my weight. I've been skinny and overweight and either way it makes me cringe when people say stuff about the way I look so I will just be happy if I get to my target weight and get rid of this stupid spare tyre round my middle that's getting in the way of my life! If peeps want to be nice about it when it happens, then fanatastic, but I will know when I feel 'right' again.
  • Quicksilvas
    Quicksilvas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My most recent comment was someone that had not seen me in a while stating that I looked taller.
    Everyone around just laughed and said, nope, just thinner.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Some people don't say anything cause they don't want to be rude or think it's an uncomfortable subject (basically acknowledging that they thought we were fat before!)

Also, the people that see you every single day tend to not notice at the beginning- but if you only see someone once a month, they'll notice!!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think it was co-workers who first noticed (I am a widow, so no spouse to check on me). But my biggest compliment came from my brother who I didn't see much of during the time I was losing weight. He told a cousin that the first time he saw me after I had lost weight, he didn't even recognize me. :happy:

There are others that I see from when I was in college who have said they same thing. They see me coming, and they don't recognize me until I speak. A former student (from many years ago) did that also. His wife works with me, and she was so excited to come and tell me that Casey didn't recognize me the day before.

Kaye
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was starting to think the scale and measurements were lying because after 20 pounds and 2 months, no one said anything. Not even the hubby. Until I went to parent/teacher conference, and as soon as I walked in the classroom, without even a hello, my sons teacher said, "Wow, have you lost weight, you look so good!" From that moment on, I didn't care if she told me I had the worst kid in school and he was failing every class (lol, he doing really well), I was on cloud nine! Best P/T conference I have been to!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!