Team UK & Ireland - April 2011

Options
And yet another month, so time for a new thread...

Happy chatting everyone - and best of luck this month to all the losers! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Is this a new challenge? Can I join?
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Morning all - how is it April already?!

I'm not logging per say today, having a nice afternoon down South Bank in London (if the sun ever comes out!)

Hope you all have a great Friday xxx
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi All - great to be on board for April.
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I am going to try and make a more conscious effort to post in the forums from today. I do lurk quite a bit but alot of the time dont post any replies or anything!

So yeah, hello and no, i've not really lost any weight to speak of and am feeling fed up because of it (although only myself to blame!). MUST TRY HARDER!!

:bigsmile:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well, I did weigh-in this morning and am 0.6kg down (about 1.5 lbs), am very pleased with myself, lol!
    Getting so close to my target (but also close to bankrupcy (sp?), I have chucked ALL my size 14 clothes so am in urgent need of a new size 12 wardrobe. :laugh: ), another 2.7 kg to go and I'm at 65kg (10st). I reckon I'm done then.

My parents came over last night, suitcase laden with chocolate and other lovely treats. I will be giving loads away and I'm planning on repacking the rest in small portion sizes, see if that will help me not to go mad once the packaging is open...

Welcome newbies! (I'm actually fairly new myself, only joined last month :smile: )
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Can't believe it's April already!! Happy new month, everyone!
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi - just seen this post - I have been on MFP for about 6 weeks now and love it! I would like to lose another 10lbs (13lbs gone already) and I am only 4ft 11"!. Would be good to become friends with others in the UK for support and encouragement! Good luck to everyone in April!!! Angie
  • littleoldme1981
    Options
    I joined MFP last week and is it ok if I join here here as well,

Have been doing ok with it all, but I have done "something" to my knee which means it is sore walking meaning I can not do my normal 45 min lunchtime walk.... meaning less calories for me today (and most likely over the weekend)
  • cgan
    cgan Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello from Dublin,

I've been using the sight for less than a month and am seeing half an inch to an inch of loss pretty much everywhere, yay!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OOH Hello a challenge....makes life more fun.I'm in. It's lovely and sunny here in North London,might just be the catalyst I need to go for a nice long walk,see some ducks and feed them (and not myself) !

I'm fairly new here having joined in December last year but i want to make a conscious effort to lose the weight. I am at 66kilo's but desperately want to be 60 again. Who knew losing a stone could be so hard?

Good day and good luck.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy April everybody!

Love this site, it is fantastic, massive database of foods, apps for mobile and iPod and a great community - what more can you ask for :)

Hope we all do well in April - I'm hoping to hit the 1 stone lost mark by the end of it....here's hoping I can do it. I'm great at starting these things, it's sustaining it over a long period I struggle with,...so the support on here is invaluable, let's help each other out !

Of course Easter lurks at the end...and for me that means the end of Lent and I can eat chocolate, cakes, sweets, biscuites and crisps again....hope I can now see them as a nice treat and not a daily necessity. Funny how I can give it all up for Lent but not just when it's for me and my weight.

Cheers all,
    Fran :)
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Hello all.... Im living in Essex and have been doing MFP for 2 weeks now. Have only lost 1lb so far but hope for better result when i weigh in tomorrow. Good luck to everyone..
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    This month I will eat nothing but tulips.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Happy April all :smile: and happy FRIDAY :happy:

So, What's everyone got planned for the weekend? And more importantly, I hope everyone will be treating their mum well on Sunday!
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Ooooh it's getting busy here, nice! And even another Dublin gal, yay - I live there too

Mikey, not sure about the tulips, can't find their calory content anywhere :laugh:

Plans this weekend.... Well, my parents are over from NL, so husband and I will be going out tonight while we have them babysitting our girls :happy:
    Tomorrow Wicklow Mountains, little walk (with two toddlers and my parents, so it really IS a little walk) and of course a pint in Johnnie Fox's (the "highest pub in Ireland" so they claim). And Sunday we're off to Donabate, to a lovely traditional farm, followed by a lunch with fresh fish in a nearby hotel.
    Lots of fun things so! :drinker:
  • lesley1981
    Options
    Ooooh it's getting busy here, nice! And even another Dublin gal, yay - I live there too

Mikey, not sure about the tulips, can't find their calory content anywhere :laugh:

Plans this weekend.... Well, my parents are over from NL, so husband and I will be going out tonight while we have them babysitting our girls :happy:
    Tomorrow Wicklow Mountains, little walk (with two toddlers and my parents, so it really IS a little walk) and of course a pint in Johnnie Fox's (the "highest pub in Ireland" so they claim). And Sunday we're off to Donabate, to a lovely traditional farm, followed by a lunch with fresh fish in a nearby hotel.
    Lots of fun things so! :drinker:

the Ponde Rosa (sp) on the Glenshane Pass is supposed to be the highest pub in Ireland too... funny that

My family used to own a pub, which we were once told is the oldest building that a pub is contained in in Ireland.... if that makes sense! the building is actually an old church, coverted into a courthouse, converted into a jail, coverted into whatever else, converted into a pub, and the walls are 21.5" thick! Oh, and it's built on the site of a graveyard!
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Sunds gorgeous!! Yeah funny hey, all those claims they make, anything to attract some tourist!

Where abouts in NI are you? I don't know much mind you, we have an office in Belfast which I sometimes travel to and I was in Cookstown not too long ago on a customer visit.
  • lesley1981
    Options
    I'm in Armagh :smile: It's a beautiful city (when the sun is shining) but you wouldn't come here for shopping....

I used to live and work in cookstown :laugh:
  • jenny1979x
    Options
    Hey everyone, i'm in the Midlands.

I get married 8 weeks tomorrow and i am hoping to lose at least 10lb by then.
    I would love to have more UK/Ireland friends to help keep me motivated!
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    I'm in Armagh :smile: It's a beautiful city (when the sun is shining) but you wouldn't come here for shopping....

I used to live and work in cookstown :laugh:

No way! Not with a big compressor manufacturer by any chance, no? Beautiful area there anyway - was glad I had a sat-nav, no way I would have found it without it!

Don't know Armagh at all now, but ti sounds good!