INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options

Replies

• kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Toni, for the info. I think I was really comsindering P90X because I wouldn't have to spend anymore $$$! :laugh: Can you tell me a little abou Chalean Extreme? Do you need any extra equipment for it like you do for P90X? How long (on average) are the workouts? Etc.
    kcmom - yelling at Shaun T - THAT IS MY SPECIALTY! I'm so happy I'm getting in great practice for when Month 2 rolls around. :laugh: Yeah, for Opening Day! My team is the Mets. They're a pretty tough team to support I must say. There are still so many things wrong with them. But we'll see what the season brings!

Mets, heh? :wink: Try being a Royals fan! I don't know that you can even call them a major league team anymore, more a farm system to everyone else! :laugh: But I still :heart: them and support them regardless!

Mamareese - I haven't changed my goals yet so I am still at 1200 a day (2 lb. loss). I probably will once I lose a little more, but I am still seeing good results where it is set right now. I do remember when I started doing the 2nd month workouts that I was a lot more hungry. I now eat 2 snacks a day instead of zero snacks.
  • tpiper55
    tpiper55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Toni, for the info. I think I was really comsindering P90X because I wouldn't have to spend anymore $$$! :laugh: Can you tell me a little abou Chalean Extreme? Do you need any extra equipment for it like you do for P90X? How long (on average) are the workouts? Etc.

EEEEEEK, nooo you don't HAVE to spend more $$$$. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression, P90X is a good program and people have gotten GREAT results from it. I personally prefer CLX though (and I got better results from it).

You will need weights for CLX but no equipment like a pullup bar or anything else. Most women are good with starting off with 8, and 10lb weights for the first phase. It is similar to P90X in that there are three phases and the workouts change approx. every 4 weeks. Oh, and the workouts are on average 30-40 mins in length, the longest one is 47 minutes, I believe.

But make no mistake about it, P90X is a good program too and you can reach your goal with that program. Just be careful when estimating your calories using the program guide because it gives a very HIGH estimate for caloric need because that is in line with the intentions of the program to INCREASE strength, mass, and cardio output (not really a deficit for weight LOSS). I hope this helps.

Does anyone here long in to WOWY to do their workouts?
    Toni
  • edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    Hey guys!
    You mornig people are insane. I tried switching my wrokouts from after work to before work but that didn't last very long. i'm going to try to do Max Cardio Conditioning tomorrow morning (we'll see how that goes) What time do guys noramlly go to bed and what time do y'all have your last meal? I really want to go back to mornings.
  • kcmomof2
    Options
    EEEEEEK, nooo you don't HAVE to spend more $$$$. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression, P90X is a good program and people have gotten GREAT results from it. I personally prefer CLX though (and I got better results from it).

But make no mistake about it, P90X is a good program too and you can reach your goal with that program. Just be careful when estimating your calories using the program guide because it gives a very HIGH estimate for caloric need because that is in line with the intentions of the program to INCREASE strength, mass, and cardio output (not really a deficit for weight LOSS). I hope this helps.

Toni

Thanks again for the info :) I am not opposed to spending the money I just figured that since I already had P90X I could give it a go. I am just really worried I will be bored with it. Several of my friends and neighbors tell me they have actually FF through the breaks in P90X after doing Insanity. I dunno. We shall see. I'm not bored with Insanity yet. LOL! Chalean Extreme intrigues me though. :)
  • kcmomof2
    Options
    Hey guys!
    You mornig people are insane. I tried switching my wrokouts from after work to before work but that didn't last very long. i'm going to try to do Max Cardio Conditioning tomorrow morning (we'll see how that goes) What time do guys noramlly go to bed and what time do y'all have your last meal? I really want to go back to mornings.

I get up at 5:00am to workout. We eat dinner between 6-6:30. Sometimes I am wiped and in bed by 10:00, but typically it's 11:00. It took me a good 2-3 weeks to get used to getting up and working out in the mornng, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck with Max Recovery tomorrow! It's a doozie!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    My schedule looks alot like kcmomof2's. I go to bed around 11, the latest midnight if I'm behind of clean up and prepping for the next day or if the kids gave me a run for my money at bedtime!! We eat dinner, typically around 6pm. I have my snack with the kids at about 8, and then they go to bed around 830ish. I try to be smart about my snack because I know the only thing that'll come between that and my workout at 515 is POSSIBLY the Fiber One bar that I try to remember to eat before I go work out. Alarm goes off at 505a and I'm at the gym by 515a. It took a bit for my system to adjust because with the winter months and all that hibernation we do my body had adjusted to sleeping until 630. But now it's systematic. Plus I keep the same 'amount' of sleep on the weekend, I just sleep in later but go to bed later. For some darn reason , my body adjusts poorly to a change in length of sleep. So even if I wanted to sleep more on the weekend, my body wouldn't resist that and make me drag all day! Good luck, I give props to those that can work out after a long day. Now that, to me, seems harder!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I usually get up about 5:20 to do my workout during the week. If I am getting up at that hour, I try to be in bed and going to sleep by 10pm the latest. I eat dinner around 515-530 and usually have some yogurt around 830. I dont eat before working out because its tooooo early and I would have to eat and then wait 1/2 hr-hr and I just dont have the time.
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mamareese, I can't do this on only 1200 calories, that is too extreme for me. We were on about 1500 calories and it seemed like the weight wasn't going anywhere, so we upped it to 1700ish range and everything seems to be feeling MUCH better (after a few more weeks I'll tell you for sure, LOL). My diary is open if you're ever interested in what I'm doing in the diet department. We used the tool in the insanity meal plan to figure our calories for the day and it gave me an 1853, but I figure I'll keep it under that slightly just in case I estimate something wrong, or if I'm not burning as many calories as they figured I should. Although, I do have to confess, we're planning a weekend celebration out to dinner for finishing this first month, so I'll be off plan that meal!

~~Veronica
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi group
    I would like to join the group. I need support group.I started on march 28th. I did couple of days and body is sore all over.had couple of days break but I promise to continue. Will post my fittest results soon.
    Thanks
  • edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    THX!
    I'm setting my alarm for 6:30. So, hopefully tomorrow I'll be posting 'just did Max Cardio Conditioning'
  • alyssa83202
    alyssa83202 Posts: 334
    Options
    Hi group
    I would like to join the group. I need support group.I started on march 28th. I did couple of days and body is sore all over.had couple of days break but I promise to continue. Will post my fittest results soon.
    Thanks
    Hey! I just started on the 29th, just finished up day 3 about 30 minutes ago! I'm sore too, I've been sore since the fit test but I'm just pushing through it for now! Are you working out with anyone or doing it alone?
  • sewsinthesouth
    Options
    I just saw this thread, too bad I didn't see it a month ago!

I am on the second 30 days of workouts. I am doing Max Interval Circuit today. I have found that the second month is so much harder than the first!! I am totally wiped out after a workout and can barely hang in there to finish.

During the first month I saw some results in my abs and also butt and thighs. But my weight has gone nowhere! I guess I need to address my eating habits. Is anyone else having mixed results?

Here are my stats so far:
    Fit test #1, #2, #3
    1. Switch Kicks: 67, 72, 68
    2. Power jacks: 51,55, 55
    3. Power knees: 105, 102, 112
    4. Power jumps: 37, 42, 47
    5. Globe Jumps: 11, 14, 13
    6. Suicide Jumps: 22, 24, 24
    7. Push up jacks: 22, 30, 28
    8. Low plank oblique: 36, 37, 39
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Just started insanity this morning, did only the fit test though... It was tough, but I'm not as sore as I thought I would be... Am I doing something wrong? I have been exercising regulary for the past couple of months, can that be the reason?
    Anyways, LOVING INSANITY!!! Its awsome! Cant wait to do a proper workout tonight! Will post my start results when I get home. :love:
  • ryansmom33
    ryansmom33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm on day 6. I only had 2 of the dvd's for about 2 weeks so I was just doing those, finally broke down and bought a copy. I'm happy to be able to do them all.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend to keep each other motivated feel free.

I'll post my fit test results later.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Week one is officially completed! Did Plyo Cardio something this morning at 5:30. Was not as tough today as it was the first go around. Still had to take a few breaks -- but a great workout. Tomorrow is a rest day -- whew!

Edburg -- how did that morning workout go???

sewsinthesouth -- did you follow the meal plan? I have not -- two kids make it tough -- but we eat pretty healthy. But I have found that I am more hungry now. When i ran, it would actually curb my appetite....this has made me ravenous. Hoping to find a way to add back my running next week, now that most of the aches and pains have subsided!

alyssa -- I work out with my husband. It's tough getting up early - but i love getting it out of the way and having my evenings free.

Enjoy the day!
    Julie
  • sewsinthesouth
    Options
    Julie- I have two kids as well. I eat pretty healthy for the most part. I must be snacking too much. I find it impossible to stick to a meal plan unless it is super simple.
  • tpiper55
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Today is Day 13, Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I'll go with what someone here said a couple of days ago and call it 62 minutes of cardio hell:laugh: :noway: . But in all honesty, I'm looking forward to it.

Most days I workout in the morning, but I've been off my game this week. That really hurts me on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursdays because those are the days I teach TurboKick, so when I oversleep on those days, I'm forced to do a double workout in the evening which I really don't like to do:explode:

Halina - Welcome:smile: , you didn't do anything wrong. In a lot of cases, it takes a while for soreness to creep in. You should be pleasantly sore by tomorrow morning's Plyometric Cardio Circuit workout:bigsmile:

Sewsinthesouth - if I don't closely monitor my intake, I don't see results on the scale. I saw a quote on another message board that I frequent it said "Diet makes you lose weight, exercise makes you look good naked", I agree with it. I'm not saying exercise doesn't help with the weight loss, but dietary intake is the larger component because unless you're an olympic level athlete, or fitness is a profession, it's really hard to outexercise bad eating. That's why I really love this site because it forces me to be accountable with my intake.

Toni
  • tpiper55
    Options

Thanks again for the info :) I am not opposed to spending the money I just figured that since I already had P90X I could give it a go. I am just really worried I will be bored with it. Several of my friends and neighbors tell me they have actually FF through the breaks in P90X after doing Insanity. I dunno. We shall see. I'm not bored with Insanity yet. LOL! Chalean Extreme intrigues me though. :)
    I think you should TRY P90X since you already have it. It is true that the 'fun factor' is not the same as you'll get with Chalene's workouts, but it's still an effective program - especially if you make sure you're in a deficit in terms of your caloric intake. Who knows, you might like Tony's humor and his little sayings:tongue: But at least you'll know. I have NEVER gotten bored doing any of Chalene's workouts, but I'll admit, sometimes I do have to find other ways to occupy myself with the P90X workouts...then there's the time factor. It's hard to ignore the fact that the P90X workouts are AT LEAST an hour and the CLX workouts are 30-45minutes :noway: But again, the only way you'll know is if you try it

Now in terms of getting bored with INSANITY, OMG, I'm so busy trying to DIG DEEPER there's no time for boredom. Does anyone else feel like the end of the warmup is the summit and once that's over, it's all downhill? I feel like the time just flies by after the warmup.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I'm usually in the bed no later than 10 - though last night I was out by 8:30. Dad had to put the kids in bed. :laugh: I usually eat my last meal around 7.

Edited to add: My alarm goes off at 4:05 and I'm working out no later than 4:15. I do typing from work and have a job that I do every morning Monday through Friday so I have to make sure that is done before I leave the house to go to work (at 7) and make sure the kids are up and fed and ready for school.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone that just joined the thread!

To whoever said they weren't sore yet: I do my workout in the morning. The first week it would hit me later in the day after I had been sitting still awile. Now I just feel like I'm in slow motion when I first get out of bed. LOL

Today was Day 26 of LAST DAY of Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs. My mind/body was not in the mood for pure cardio. I was thinking "Just survive the warmup-check! Yeah the stretch will eat least 6 minutes! Oh crap here's 15 straight minutes of torture--and why does 15 minutes seem like four years? Yeah the stretch again! Crap-now I have to do the abs!" My tail bone was unhappy with the c-sit position too.

I was also thinking that they all must have long arms. When I'm in the c-sit position I can't put my hands as far in front of my tush as they do.

I have been keeping my mind busy during the workouts by wondering what these people do for a living. There's a very large super muscular black man in the back row of pure cardio. He looks like marine material to me. I would prefer my marines to be all beefy like that. The girls are harder. If I had there abs it would have to be a job I could show my abs off at. :laugh: