New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty tired tonight, headache and all. My daughter keeps telling me to just skip working out (I think she just wants the tv in the living room, lol) But I am going to push through it. I know I'll feel better in the end.... Legs and Back + Ab Ripper, here I come :-)

Becca, it is at these moments that you will be most proud of your accomplishments when working out with P90X or any other workout. It is "easy" to workout when you are motivated and you are gunning to BRING IT! It is a different story when you just aren't feeling it due to long days, stressful days, feeling blah, getting late, etc. etc. I believe that is the essence of "JUST PUSH PLAY". It is hard to be motivated to do this for 90 days straight.

When I have those kind of days, my calorie burns are typically slightly lower than usual, but a lower than normal burn is 100% better than a zero calorie burn...GREAT JOB!

I feel for you...Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X is a bear of a workout even when motivated...I tell my wife I feel like I have been beaten from shoulders to ankles with a sack of oranges when I am done...LOL
  • reepobob
    Options
    Bob: Yeah the chatarunga runs are not too much fun either, I can get down but not for too long until I'm back up in plank running again. The important thing is, we're moving! :bigsmile: :drinker: You should incorporate your calorie burn of the lugging in with your regular workout! lol Keep up the good work!

Thanks Deb! I am really surprised that Core Synergistics only makes its presence known in Classic during recovery week...Hell, if every other DVD burned in a fire, I think Core Syn would get it done for virtually all other workouts. It's a brute and covers everything!

I will paint a picture of my "arrive at the hotel routine"...I am checking into three hotels this week (checked into the last one tonight until Friday). I have to lug up my luggage, my laptop bag, and a roller duffel. Included in my "stuff" are free weights, mat, yoga block, DVDs, workout/nutrition books, HRM, three kinds of protein powder, and whatever food I am lugging around, as well as water, food scale, and cups/spoons/forks. I gotta rearrange the furniture in my hotel room to make it "P90X worthy" and then unpack all my stuff. I think I will put on the HRM next time...Hell, I might even log it!

Finished off Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Ab Ripper X tonight and got Yoga-X tomorrow (feeling very sore...Yoga-X is a blessing).

Keep bringing it, P90X Peeps!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bob: Yeah the chatarunga runs are not too much fun either, I can get down but not for too long until I'm back up in plank running again. The important thing is, we're moving! :bigsmile: :drinker: You should incorporate your calorie burn of the lugging in with your regular workout! lol Keep up the good work!

becca: Push through girl! You'll feel so much better after it's done! Bring it!
    Thanks! I actually feel much better..... And I made it through all of the wall squats this week!!! Didn't get my leg up too high on the one leg ones, but I finished :-)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I will paint a picture of my "arrive at the hotel routine"...I am checking into three hotels this week (checked into the last one tonight until Friday). I have to lug up my luggage, my laptop bag, and a roller duffel. Included in my "stuff" are free weights, mat, yoga block, DVDs, workout/nutrition books, HRM, three kinds of protein powder, and whatever food I am lugging around, as well as water, food scale, and cups/spoons/forks. I gotta rearrange the furniture in my hotel room to make it "P90X worthy" and then unpack all my stuff. I think I will put on the HRM next time...Hell, I might even log it!

Great dedication. At the most, I would have brought resistance bands, laptop, and hit the hotel treadmill for good measure. Last time we were on vacation we had already had Ab Ripper X memorized, so we didn't skip a beat.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today was back & biceps + arx. And I'm happy to say (with the exception of the twist move at the end) I was able to do 20 reps of each of the moves on arx. I have been working my way up staring from 15. I did a slightly modified twist move to work the obliques. Tomorrow is yoga I'm kind of looking foward to it :)
    Have a great day tomorrow everyone!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually feel much better..... And I made it through all of the wall squats this week!!! Didn't get my leg up too high on the one leg ones, but I finished :-)

I think I see definition in my legs and I believe it is all due to those torturous wall squats - ouchers they burn!

Today is Cardio X for me - and although it is week 4 for me, it will be the first time I have done this tape - I have been subbing my zumba class for it - but today it falls on a non-zumba day - so here it goes!
  • Wildcat1997
    Options
    So, here I am week 3 day 4...yoga. I made the MISTAKE of stepping on the dreaded scale again last night; right after completing the Shoulders, Arms and arx. I actually gained 1.5 pounds!! I am sitting at 287 now instead of going the other way. I am hoping it was just water weight.

I have seen several people in other forums state that they really didn't see a falloff from the scale until the 1st recovery week because it is so cardio intensive. Like I said before, I am seeing differences in my abs and arms. Legs have never been an issue as I carry the spare tire instead of carrying it everywhere. I fight my schedule everyday to "push play" and have only missed one day in 17!

Bringing it is getting easier with understanding children and 6 1/2 month prego wife. My body is looking forward to recovery week...for sure!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Love this!! This shows such dedication... not just to P90X, but to a healthy life in general. Bringing your own food, scale, etc. is probably something extra that most people don't even think of doing. Nice work, Bob!

Today was XStretch for the first time. I really enjoyed it, but didn't break a sweat at all. It was a nice break from the normally intense schedule. I'm not really sure if I should even log the calories my HRM showed...

Yesterday was a disaster for eating... I won't go into the details, but convenience/laziness, emotional eating, and a "Well, I've already screwed up so much, I might as well top it off with a bowl of ice cream" attitude all contributed to the damage. I am knowingly sabotaging myself, and it needs to stop now. Especially since my 30 day measurements, pics, and weigh-in are just around the corner, I am vowing to stick to my meal plan.

On a positive note, I tightened my belt an extra notch this morning. It's now on the last one. I'm going shopping this weekend, so it looks like I'll be adding belts to my list.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 day 4. I'm really seeing a lot of changes in my body shape!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow - Cardio X was great - I call it guy cardio - definitely things that I usually don't do in Zumba or aerobics classes! How many calories do you all normally burn during it - I am not sure what to log - it was a short tape, but I was really sweating - I am going to log about 350 calories - which I am sure is low - but I don't want to overlog - any thoughts?

oh - my stats if it makes any difference

Female, 35 years old
    weight 167
    height 5'4"

Thanks!
  • becca0211
    Options
    Feeling pretty tired tonight, headache and all. My daughter keeps telling me to just skip working out (I think she just wants the tv in the living room, lol) But I am going to push through it. I know I'll feel better in the end.... Legs and Back + Ab Ripper, here I come :-)

Becca, it is at these moments that you will be most proud of your accomplishments when working out with P90X or any other workout. It is "easy" to workout when you are motivated and you are gunning to BRING IT! It is a different story when you just aren't feeling it due to long days, stressful days, feeling blah, getting late, etc. etc. I believe that is the essence of "JUST PUSH PLAY". It is hard to be motivated to do this for 90 days straight.

When I have those kind of days, my calorie burns are typically slightly lower than usual, but a lower than normal burn is 100% better than a zero calorie burn...GREAT JOB!

I feel for you...Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X is a bear of a workout even when motivated...I tell my wife I feel like I have been beaten from shoulders to ankles with a sack of oranges when I am done...LOL

I think it is a cruel joke to do ab ripper after legs and back.... Sometimes I do them in reverse order, that way I can get more out of the ab ripper since my legs aren't so tired/sore :-)
  • becca0211
    Options

I think I see definition in my legs and I believe it is all due to those torturous wall squats - ouchers they burn!

Today is Cardio X for me - and although it is week 4 for me, it will be the first time I have done this tape - I have been subbing my zumba class for it - but today it falls on a non-zumba day - so here it goes!

The definition in my legs is nice and the loose butt in my pants is even nicer! Good luck with Cardio X :-)
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Today was the first day of my second recovery week (Week 8 Day 1). Woo hoo!!!! My body is so ready for a recovery week. Yoga X felt like heaven. I am so surprised with the way that I have gotten stronger and more flexible, and I think Yoga X really shows off my new skills the most. Not to mention I feel so stretched and good afterwards. I cannot believe that I have made it this far!

Next weekend begins two weeks of crazy traveling (friends' wedding in Rhode Island and then backpacking through England with my mom). I think I plan to bring resistance bands and my worksheets to keep up with the strength training. I'm going to let the cardio be "subbed" by walking all over the country. Does this seem like a reasonable way to keep bringing it? I do NOT want to lose all the progress that I've made, but I can't bring as much gear as Bob in my poor little backpack. ;0)

Keep up the good work, everyone! You can do it!!!
  • reepobob
    Options

I think it is a cruel joke to do ab ripper after legs and back.... Sometimes I do them in reverse order, that way I can get more out of the ab ripper since my legs aren't so tired/sore :-)

I do Ab Ripper-X first on all of the resistance workouts. After doing this, I have made marked improvement with that routine. I also pause the DVD after each rep is started and do them at my own pace for the full 25. It may take me a little longer, but I get them in. I only keep the DVD rolling when Tony is doing timed exercises like Fifer Scissors and Mason Twists. Try doing it first and then do the other resistance workout and see how it goes for you.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Today was the first day of my second recovery week (Week 8 Day 1). Woo hoo!!!! My body is so ready for a recovery week. Yoga X felt like heaven. I am so surprised with the way that I have gotten stronger and more flexible, and I think Yoga X really shows off my new skills the most. Not to mention I feel so stretched and good afterwards. I cannot believe that I have made it this far!

Next weekend begins two weeks of crazy traveling (friends' wedding in Rhode Island and then backpacking through England with my mom). I think I plan to bring resistance bands and my worksheets to keep up with the strength training. I'm going to let the cardio be "subbed" by walking all over the country. Does this seem like a reasonable way to keep bringing it? I do NOT want to lose all the progress that I've made, but I can't bring as much gear as Bob in my poor little backpack. ;0)

Keep up the good work, everyone! You can do it!!!

I wish I could get the hang of the band movements. I always feel like I can never get the resistance to the right level and it always seems I am getting harder resistance on one arm than the other. I don't want to sacrifice my workouts to get used to doing the bands so I will continue to slog the steel around. Heaven help me when I need to use heavier weights...
  • reepobob
    Options
    Had a late dinner with a client tonight (I behaved...shrimp cocktail and iced tea) and got my Yoga-X on late tonight. Got done at 9:40pm. If it wasn't for the sweaty clothes, I coulda crawled in bed right then. Yoga-X is the perfect in-between resistance workout. I held the balance poses much longer this time around and actually got a little bit of crane going. For those that are skipping Yoga-X, you are really missing out...especially toward the end when Tony does the Yoga Belly 7...some pretty tough ISO ab exercises that will give Ab Ripper a run for its money.

Going home tomorrow....WOOT! Gonna swap out Kenpo-X and Legs, Back, ARX and do Kenpo-X tomorrow so I can kill it in the morning and enjoy my Friday evening at home with the family. Will dedicate some quality time with Tony on Saturday in my basement for Legs, Back, and ARX so I can use my Power Tower for the pull up moves.

Thanks for the kind words on the rigors of travel with P90X everybody. I noodled on this fitness decision for three months before I committed and I told myself I would do everything in my power to NOT miss a workout day. My wife thinks I am obsessed (maybe I am).

I am looking forward to graduating Lean so I can start Classic in early June. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have jumped into Classic right away...Oh well...

Have a good night everybody...can't wait to get home to my lovely wife and three darling daughters.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Bob: You are soo motivating... and stubborn too I love it! :)
    I havent been able to fit in Yoga X during the week due to lack of time and need to run ... but I am looking forward to trying it on recovery week (2 weeks away)!

My legs had a conversation with me today during Legs and Back...

They wanted to know how come arms, shoulders, and chest all get a day off... yet are expected to run 10 miles... and run 4 miles... and do Plyo ... and then perform on Legs and Back day ... haha

They werent having it today... I made it half way today ...

Although I will say I did awesome on the first set of wall squats ... :)
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be Yoga for me. But I had a dentist appointment which ran really late. When all was said and done my mouth was sore. :cry: So when I got home did Cardio X instead, and now I'm off to bed.
    Hope everyone's bringing it!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    @ MAK: Great job doing CardioX, even though you weren't feeling good.

@Emma: You are giving your legs a beating! No wonder they weren't happy with Legs & Back. Awesome job pushing through half... that is a tough one!

@Bob: Have a great time with your girls tonight! You've earned it :smile:

@annyshay: I think you have a great plan to keep yourself in check. Walking isn't going to be the same as the cardio DVDs, but different doesn't necessarily mean wrong/bad. The important thing is to keep going, and you're doing that.

Today was Core Syn again for me. I loved it even more this time around. For some reason, I felt really empowered doing this workout. I attempted the Chatarunga runs, and didn't do as badly as I thought I would. I can still tell that my core needs major work, but I feel really good that these exercises are difficult, and I'm improving myself each time I do it.

Eating was semi-successful yesterday. We went out to eat, I planned ahead to order something within my calories, and stuck to it... I didn't plan for hubby ordering a delicious looking appetizer. I had some of that, and went over by about 200 calories. Definitely could have been worse. I'm a little nervous how the sodium will affect me. Also, we're going out of town tomorrow. I'll have to be extra careful.

Keep up the good work, everyone!!
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Back on the horse yesterday. It was a struggle but I got through Legs and Back. I was shaking like a leaf on that darn chair pose!!!