Not a dating site?....... Well I think not......

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It's a social networking site and people are going to meet and become attracted to one another. Just wish mfp was around when I was dating. :laugh:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    It's a social networking site and people are going to meet and become attracted to one another. Just wish mfp was around when I was dating. :laugh:
    :bigsmile:
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes, That is wonderful! I agree completely!
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    I want to point out that there has been a lot of posts complaining about this site not being a social or dating site. I personally know of 3 friends who have gotten together because of this site. I am sure there are a lot of connections I do not know about. One friend is so freaking happy to have this person in their life, it is a beautiful thing to see people happy and find someone that gives them that wonderful feeling. Yes we may have come here for weight loss support but if someone finds more, then I think that is wonderful. I just want to say friendship, courtship and relationships and even love all have a funny way of coming in surprising places and packages. :bigsmile:

amen sister
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    It's a wonderful thing to have goals and asperations in common...so why not? If you find someone to spend the rest of your life with...then that's how it should be. This site isn't different from any others...it's just got health as the main focus.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    indeed I think that was well said.
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    I strongly disagree. I hate the fact that so many people are dead set on trying to PICK people up on this site. Get off the computer and get a life.

Go to the gym, park or wherever you workout and open your mouth and stop tapping keys. Leave the good people of this site alone that want to just find like minded workout friends.

YOU ALL NEED TO EFFING GROW UP!!!!!

Somebody is a grouchbutt today!!! RAWR! Hiss!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i agree!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I think you raised some great points re people getting together on this site. If friendships form and grow and become something else, who does that matter to? Why would anyone be annoyed by that? We are all adults, I assume. Other's have mentioned that there are creepy trolls, and I agree that is gross. I have to assume, however, if people like each other and find support and companionship here..then what is the problem? Who is it a problem for?

Whatever................
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    I strongly disagree. I hate the fact that so many people are dead set on trying to PICK people up on this site. Get off the computer and get a life.

Go to the gym, park or wherever you workout and open your mouth and stop tapping keys. Leave the good people of this site alone that want to just find like minded workout friends.

This person need a hug.....All my MFP friends....give this person a hug.. :smile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    We can all pick body parts we like (Today was just one of the most awesomest days of my life :bigsmile: ) but the truth is a guy really likes a lady that has taken control of her life,is strong and nice while willing to be proud of her accomplishments.

Few things get under my skin as much as seeing a lovely lady going on about how frumpy she is when she looks good.
    It is a turn on to see a woman that likes herself but not in an arrogant way.

There is going to be attractions and up to folks as adults to deal with them together,not anyone elses business.
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options

Somebody is a grouchbutt today!!! RAWR! Hiss!

Lol, sounds like someone trying to be a little self righteous.....
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options

Undoubtedly... No one wants to be picked up when they are focusing on a goal, but at the same time... It's nice to be noticed after years of hiding. If I click with someone, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't start talking them on a social level.

No, I'd not push for a relationship from here, but I'm not going to ignore something good either.
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Single Female, 27
    South Carolina

Likes - dirty jokes, sense of humor and ability to not take themselves too serious
    Dislikes - haters on this site, people who think they're better than others

Take that haters...just turned this thread into my own personal ad :drinker:
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I agree....Love happens everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Single Female, 27
    South Carolina

Likes - dirty jokes, sense of humor and ability to not take themselves too serious

South Carolina is good...love Myrtle Beach golf. :drinker: :love:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Single Female, 27
    South Carolina

Lemme holla atcha!!!!:wink::wink: :drinker:
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    You are right, the bigger point is that everyone needs to stop focusing on what other people are doing on the site if you are here for just weightloss then lose weight and shup up. If you find someone you connect with then let it be and be happy. I don't care what you do and to be honest i love reading about it :blushing:
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MyFitnessPal, because this the only networking site that I can come to, add complete strangers as friends (even same sex individuals, married individuals, and those of a wide variety of ages, ethnic backgrounds, etc etc) and no one feels weirded out?

We support each other so well, there's no need to explain anything else. We're not hitting on one another, or trying to spy on the lives of others....we're UPLIFTING our fellow MFPers!

Gotta love it!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i can totally see people getting together because of this site. the thought of finding a person who understands everything you went through or are going through is very appealing. i am lucky enough to have that person pre-mfp, but he has joined me on here, and it's like we have a whole other connection added to our relationship. such as, i tell him about all the yummy food i have been making, and he moans and groans cause he can't have it. we unfortunetly do not live near each other. wish they would hurry up and come up with transport beams so i can send him my food!!! haha

Just your food???? :smooched: